THE BROWNS BOARD

M-Odell to the Rams

mjp28

I don't really see the upside to releasing him. You already have to pay him no matter what. Then he gets to pick what team he goes to? 

F-that. Put him on IR for his shoulder and close the book.

Unless Jimmah wants to save some pennies to pay off some rebates...

38 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

what's holding this up?

Jason@ over the cap.... https://overthecap.com/the-browns-options-with-odell-beckham/   

Well no team is going to claim him according to this so I see no positive in just cutting him so he gets our money plus more from another team!

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

or any other team in the playoff hunt balt. k.c  i would put him on ir let him get his surgery then bye bye 

Agree 💯. OBJ can still get open, he may not be a fit in this offense that is designed to take whatever the defense gives you but I wouldn't want to face him in the playoffs this year (if we make it).

6 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Did I miss something? Has been out there that obj asked his father to post this video on Instagram? I agree you can't have this in the locker room and it looks awful but I'm just curious if it has been shown that obj wanted his dad to post this? The way it is being covered it seems like obj himself posted this or said something. 

Seems to me a given that OBJ has said plenty internally. No chance they send him hime based solely on his Dads comments. My guess is he’s been bitching lately and when the followed up on his Dads comments he confirmed them. I’ll never understand why but this team is far better when he’s not on the field. The hell with releasing him , pay him to sit at home. I don’t want him on a team we face in a get even game. 

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Worse trade ever

Meh, probably not even in the top 5 worst for this team unfortunately.

Dorsey even pulled a worse trade in his time here in my book. Traded a guy that was the number 33 pick in a draft that was ranked the fourth best DE in the league a few weeks back for a safety that didn't even last one season...

19 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Dorsey even pulled a worse trade in his time here in my book. Traded a guy that was the number 33 pick in a draft that was ranked the fourth best DE in the league a few weeks back for a safety that didn't even last one season...

I have an additional underlying bias here..

9 hours ago, hx214 said:

I’m struggling to work out what trade you mean 🙈

16 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Emmanuel ogbah for Eric Murray I believe

I think Bynerr for Oliphant was worse.

...and going back to my youth, Paul Warfield to the Dolphins for the pick that landed Mike Phipps😡

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I think Bynerr for Oliphant was worse.

...and going back to my youth, Paul Warfield to the Dolphins for the pick that landed Mike Phipps😡

yep - that was surely the worst all time stupid trade.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Since opening day of 2017 OBJ has played in 45 games, and missed 27 games due to injury.

I think it’s time to part company with this prima donna.

After pulling a bitch move like that.. He's as good as gone... Good riddence you moron..

Here's the thing from what I understand. There's not going to be a way based on what's happened to release him and get his salary back. As stupid as this shit is, someone's dad on social media isn't going to fly as a "conduct detrimental to the team" to try to void his remaining salary. This isn't for example Antonio Brown and his fiasco with the Raiders.

I'd say if he's hurt enough to put him on IR do it and be done with the OBJ experiment. Being a 'healthy scratch' comes with much more media scrutiny. It boggles my mind that people think OBJ and his crew aren't the problem, though. I'm actually looking forward to seeing if the Baker we've seen with OBJ off the field comes back at this point.

1 hour ago, nickers said:

After pulling a bitch move like that.. He's as good as gone... Good riddance you moron..

"Excused from practice for the second day"..  Not Rocket Science he's not in the game plans Sunday...

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Here's the thing from what I understand. There's not going to be a way based on what's happened to release him and get his salary back. As stupid as this shit is, someone's dad on social media isn't going to fly as a "conduct detrimental to the team" to try to void his remaining salary. This isn't for example Antonio Brown and his fiasco with the Raiders.

I'd say if he's hurt enough to put him on IR do it and be done with the OBJ experiment. Being a 'healthy scratch' comes with much more media scrutiny. It boggles my mind that people think OBJ and his crew aren't the problem, though. I'm actually looking forward to seeing if the Baker we've seen with OBJ off the field comes back at this point.

From NFL.com Bitonio and Johnson are supportive... But...  One unnamed player, however, relayed this message to Garafolo: "He does nothing. He talks to no one. He's just got a malcontent attitude."  Reports- hasn't talked to Baker OR Stefanski since the video surfaced.  

Unless they can get Beckham to take a lesser amount for his release, the capologists say there's probably no team that will be willing to pick him up on waivers. Then he's free to sign with whichever team suits him.  Of course, it's been mentioned- the Browns can just tell him to sit home and stew, and collect his 8 million playing Madden.  

It's always been about OBJ.. He managed to shut his yap and be a team player for around 18 months but those days are over.  You want MHO? You got it. :)   OBJ is Jonesying for his last big payday.  He's not going to get it with the Browns posting say- 40 catches, 500 yards, and a couple TDs.  

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I’ll never understand why but this team is far better when he’s not on the field. The hell with releasing him , pay him to sit at home. I don’t want him on a team we face in a get even game. 

THIS. I got ridiculed in here for stating this long ago. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, hoorta said:

"Excused from practice for the second day"..  Not Rocket Science he's not in the game plans Sunday...

From NFL.com Bitonio and Johnson are supportive... But...  One unnamed player, however, relayed this message to Garafolo: "He does nothing. He talks to no one. He's just got a malcontent attitude."  Reports- hasn't talked to Baker OR Stefanski since the video surfaced.  

Unless they can get Beckham to take a lesser amount for his release, the capologists say there's probably no team that will be willing to pick him up on waivers. Then he's free to sign with whichever team suits him.  Of course, it's been mentioned- the Browns can just tell him to sit home and stew, and collect his 8 million playing Madden.  

It's always been about OBJ.. He managed to shut his yap and be a team player for around 18 months but those days are over.  You want MHO? You got it. :)   OBJ is Jonesying for his last big payday.  He's not going to get it with the Browns posting say- 40 catches, 500 yards, and a couple TDs.  

right, no one is going to take on the money and he's not going to take less. Outright releasing him gives him what he wants, and fuck that. Healthy scratch him at worst, IR him at best. 

Although, if I'm being honest with you i could totally see my dad doing something like this as a way of defending me haha. But I'm also not an asshole WR.

The question I have is how professional is Jarvis Landry? We know Odell is Jarvis's boy but as useless as Beckham has been Landry is equally as useful. Can't afford to lose Jarvis. This is putting him in an awkward position where he's got to choose between his bff and his team and paycheck. How's it gonna go? Stay tuned. 

2 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

The question I have is how professional is Jarvis Landry? We know Odell is Jarvis's boy but as useless as Beckham has been Landry is equally as useful. Can't afford to lose Jarvis. This is putting him in an awkward position where he's got to choose between his bff and his team and paycheck. How's it gonna go? Stay tuned. 

At some point... Landry has to realize what a moron OBJ is...And If I were Landrys handlers... id be finding ways to dissolve association from Beckham... He's a bitch cry baby...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

i read that landry is still behind baker and no he doesnt have to choose they are both adults (well landry is) it just didnt work out