THE BROWNS BOARD

Just who do you think the Browns can beat in the payoffs?

Icecube

14 minutes ago, Icecube said:

So which playoff team do you think this team with this QB can beat? They have a total of one win vs. a winning team so far. ONE. 

So if they beat Baltimore does that mean they can beat anybody?

Z

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

So if they beat Baltimore does that mean they can beat anybody?

Z

On any given Sunday......baby !

GO BROWNS !

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

it's crazy  new england looks like one of the toughest to beat this year

Bill B. just laying back in the weeds getting ready to strike.    The AFCE division winner ?

15 minutes ago, ATOM said:

its looking that way buffalo has been playing lately 

The way Buffalo started people had them as SB game participants...... the AFC playoff race is going to be nuts right to the end.

NFL standings for Week 12

Updated AFC playoff picture up to 4pm games

Who would be in?

1. Baltimore Ravens (7-3), first place, AFC North. The Ravens rallied without Lamar Jackson and Marquise Brown to survive in Chicago to maintain the lead in the division. They also put more heat on the losing Titans and stayed ahead of the winning Patriots, which they can do with a win in Week 12. They draw the Browns on Sunday night. Remaining schedule: vs. CLE, at PIT, at CLE, vs. GB, at CIN, vs. LAR, vs. PIT

2. *New England Patriots (8-4), first place, AFC East. The Patriots matched the Bills' result of Week 12 to jump back on top in the division by a half-game. They are behind the Ravens with a lesser winning percentage having played more two games. Their win over the Titans gave them the tiebreaker for No, 2, too. Remaining schedule: vs. BUF, BYE, at IND, vs. BUF, vs. JAX, at MIA

3. *Tennessee Titans (8-4), first place, AFC South. The Titans slipped from No. 1 with their loss to the Patriots, falling a full game behind the Ravens and and staying only a half-game ahead of the Chiefs, whom they beat earlier in the season, along with the Bills. The Titans still don't need to worry about the Remaining schedule: BYE, vs. JAX, at PIT, vs. SF, vs. MIA, at HOU

4. Kansas City Chiefs(bye) (7-4), first place, AFC West. The Chiefs stayed here after beating the Cowboys because they lost to both the Titans and Ravens and the Patriots have the superior conference record, too. A win was huge to keep staying ahead of the Chargers. The Chiefs get a much-needed bye in Week 12. Remaining schedule: vs.DEN, vs. LV, at LAC, vs. PIT, at CIN, at DEN

5. *Cincinnati Bengals (7-4), second place, AFC North. The Bengals have surged back into wild-card and division playoff contention with key consecutive big wins over the Raiders and Steelers after the bye. They beat the Ravens on the road earlier and can end up in first place if the Ravens lose to the Browns. They hold the tiebreaker for this spot over the Bills with a better conference record. There is nothing easy left on the slate, however. Remaining schedule: vs. LAC, vs. SF, at DEN, vs. BAL, vs. KC, at CLE

6. *Buffalo Bills (7-4), second place, AFC East. The Bills dropped down here after their win over the Saints because the Patriots responded by taking care of the Titans. They will get their shot to catch and pass the Patriots next Monday night. Other than New England twice, Buffalo has a big challenge left against Tampa Bay. Remaining schedule: vs. NE, at TB, vs. CAR, at NE, vs. ATL, NYJ.

7. *playing, down 7 to Den...Los Angeles Chargers (6-4), second place, AFC West. The Chargers outlasted the Steelers in Week 11 to stay in playoff position and a half-game behind the Chiefs in the division. Justin Herbert gives them a chance every week and Brandon Staley remains on his coach of the year path. Remaining schedule: at DEN, at CIN, vs. NYG, vs. KC, at HOU, vs. DEN, at LV

Who can get there?

8. *Las Vegas Raiders (6-5)
9. Cleveland Browns (6-5)
10. *Pittsburgh Steelers (5-5-1)
11. *playing LAC up 7...Denver Broncos (5-5)
12. *Indianapolis Colts (6-6)

*= Played

The Raiders won to help themselves in Week 12, while the Steelers and Colts lost to fall behind them. The Raiders hold the tiebreaker over the Browns with a better conference record.(head to head, coming) The Browns and Broncos have a big opportunity in their later games of Week 12.

• Like 1

Chargers Herbert throws pick* from redzone into endzone...Denver holds lead..14:30 left.. Den. up 14-7 in 4th

Huge... Denver scores TD.. Den. goes up 21-7 8:54 left

Herbert pass tips off receivers hands.. Den. Patrick Surtain returns for pick 6.. Den.28  LAC  7   7:28 left

Final---  Den 28   LAC  13

Just now, The Cysko Kid said:

It's a moot point because the browns have a 0% chance of making the playoffs. 

It's not quite 0%, but it has that unfortunate look. Sucks bad.

I still don't get how they looked so organized with Zoom meetings/practice in 2020, and this year they're in the building practicing/meeting & look lost.

Simple answer is injuries I suppose, especially on the O line, but something isn't right.

Intangibles, like heart & motivation maybe. My guess is that's why Higgins was benched. 

The D is coming around, kudos to that. Woods has them playing hard, smarter lately (except the NE game).

Stefanski has his biggest challenge to date now...5 to go, don't let it totally unravel.Win those last 3 home games at the very least, gives the team hope moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

It's not quite 0%, but it has that unfortunate look. Sucks bad.

I still don't get how they looked so organized with Zoom meetings/practice in 2020, and this year they're in the building practicing/meeting & look lost.

Simple answer is injuries I suppose, especially on the O line, but something isn't right.

Intangibles, like heart & motivation maybe. My guess is that's why Higgins was benched. 

The D is coming around, kudos to that. Woods has them playing hard, smarter lately (except the NE game).

Stefanski has his biggest challenge to date now...5 to go, don't let it totally unravel.Win those last 3 home games at the very least, gives the team hope moving forward. 

They'd have to win out and get luck on their side to make the playoffs. 

Thankfully I get a break from them next week but I already have the following game with the Ravens penciled in as a disappointing home loss. That will make loss #7 and put any playoff hopes from minimal to nonexistent. 

I mean sure they could surprise me but I don't see it happening. This was the best chance to beat the Ravens...a game where Jackson couldn't do anything right, but somehow Mayfield and the browns did even less. 

19 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I mean sure they could surprise me but I don't see it happening. This was the best chance to beat the Ravens...a game where Jackson couldn't do anything right, but somehow Mayfield and the browns did even less. 

Fuuuuuuuuu, yep spot on.

5 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

It's a moot point because the browns have a 0% chance of making the playoffs. 

Actually according to the NFL playoff calculator the BROWNS' have a 25% chance of making the playoffs and 8% chance of winning the division.

BUT they better win the next game to start.

Screenshot_2021-11-29_133457.jpg

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Actually according to the NFL playoff calculator the BROWNS' have a 25% chance of making the playoffs and 8% chance of winning the division.

First of all, I never said "reaching the playoffs," I said "beating a playoff team" if they did make it. I still maintain it's unlikely they would beat a team in the playoffs, if they should make it. They certainly wouldn't beat two playoff teams.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Ok, they have a theoretical 25% chance of making the playoffs. Functionally I'm treating it as a 0% chance because they do not pass the eye test to me at all. The quarterback can't move the chains with anything in the same universe as consistency and the coach does not seem willing to spend a few series wearing the defense down with repeated power runs from three, count them, three dynamic backs. 

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

First of all, I never said "reaching the playoffs," I said "beating a playoff team" if they did make it. I still maintain it's unlikely they would beat a team in the playoffs, if they should make it. They certainly wouldn't beat two playoff teams.

If they make the playoffs apparently they can beat the Bengals but those days might be over now. We'll get to see that matchup again before too long. 

On 11/29/2021 at 4:42 PM, The Cysko Kid said:

I don't know what you're going for here and I don't care about whatever joke you're making. 

Dutch and I provide the comedy in this otherwise just frabjous football season. Yep, it's the word of the day thanks to Lewis Carroll.🤣

• Haha 1

simply leaving this here... https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/cleveland-browns-nfl-playoff-picture.html

@Orion /others...  Fun tool ^^ most fans mess with..

Most feel we could lose to the Packers ?  With our best chances being, winning the rest of our AFC games.. Including 3 in division..

Two divisions to watch for wildcard sorting out?  ... Pats/Bills...Titans/Colts being the other.. each loser has the highest odds of clinching a wildcard.

Your forecasting the results of all other AFC teams games sorts it out..  And each AFCN division team?  all have a wicked schedule still left.. Land mines every week 

Losing to the Packers... could effect the Browns from winning the division. -Or-  Making our slimmer chances of being a wildcard team... 

It's up to Team Browns to handle business...   

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2021 at 5:05 PM, Icecube said:

Just who, on earth, do you expect them to beat if they make the playoffs? And right now, their last 6 games are vs. teams with winning records, by the way.

Gladly... 😊 to add a former #1 seed out of Balti-whore.MD.... 

On 11/28/2021 at 5:53 PM, gumby73 said:

NFL standings for Week 12

Updated AFC playoff picture up to 4pm games

Who would be in?

1. Baltimore Ravens (7-3), first place, AFC North. The Ravens rallied without Lamar Jackson and Marquise Brown to survive in Chicago to maintain the lead in the division. They also put more heat on the losing Titans and stayed ahead of the winning Patriots, which they can do with a win in Week 12. They draw the Browns on Sunday night. Remaining schedule: vs. CLE, at PIT, at CLE, vs. GB, at CIN, vs. LAR, vs. PIT

And the morning media is taking a few steps backwards...

"The Browns are a Defensive playoff football team, waiting on a Offense" ?

1) True or False? statement

2) Baker's the problem?

3) Coaching/play-call the problem?

4) Browns WR's/TE's are _______________ ?

5) short better personal at LB/S/DT & average Receiving won't be good enough?

6) All of the above? (add your biggest concern*)  

payoff the refs was not included  🤫   

29 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Gladly... 😊 to add a former #1 seed out of Balti-whore.MD.... 

And the morning media is taking a few steps backwards...

"The Browns are a Defensive playoff football team, waiting on a Offense" ?

1) True or False? statement

2) Baker's the problem?

3) Coaching/play-call the problem?

4) Browns WR's/TE's are _______________ ?

5) short better personal at LB/S/DT & average Receiving won't be good enough?

6) All of the above? (add your biggest concern*)  

payoff the refs was not included  🤫   

None of them are the problem, we just beat the top team in the division.

As for who can we beat in the playoffs ... Ravens and Bengals, obviously. 

We had shootouts with the Chiefs and  Chargers that could have gone either way.

Patriots are the only AFC contender that handled us..

But I fear no one in the AFC this year. Our defense is playing well and is yet to peak, and Baker says he feels the best he has since week 2, so that's promising for our offense.

Z