THE BROWNS BOARD

5 roster moves today - new OT signed

OconRecon

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=9800

Browns release Rod Hood

The Browns have released veteran CB Rod Hood, one of four roster moves the team made Monday.

Hood, a seven-year veteran, signed with the Browns in May after spending the last two seasons with the Cardinals.

The team also waived TE Nate Jackson and LB Robert McCune and signed rookie OL Branndon Braxton, who had been with the team since May but was waived last week. Braxton is a Youngstown native who played collegiately at Oklahoma.

------

Addendum - see WKNR's report below. Tucker waived.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=9800

Browns release Rod Hood

The Browns have released veteran CB Rod Hood, one of four roster moves the team made Monday.

Hood, a seven-year veteran, signed with the Browns in May after spending the last two seasons with the Cardinals.

The team also waived TE Nate Jackson and LB Robert McCune and signed rookie OL Branndon Braxton, who had been with the team since May but was waived last week. Braxton is a Youngstown native who played collegiately at Oklahoma.

ESPN 850 is reporting that Ryan Tucker has also been waived/injured.

-jj

I thought Hood was giving up way too much cushion in man coverage, not really surprised there.

And for Tucker, when you can't stay healthy you're not going to have a job no matter how good you are.

If we're going to keep an extra linebacker and cut the oline to 9 we have to make sure that's a healthy 9.

Always a Tucker fan. Hope he'll get signed somewhere else. Guarantee the Lions sign Hood. They have picked up all our scraps, why stop now?

Tucker has been done for a while and Hood is a bum.

GOOD MOVES. When we are getting rid of guys like that (who everyone thinks are decent) we must be getting better.

Mangini doing work fellas.

I believe that Tucker had surgery on his knee and could be out up to four weeks... Get him healthy and bring him back for the 2nd half of the season...

IMO He'll either play here or retire... Too much body wear for another team to take a chance on...

If he's done here then I have to say thanks and lots of luck in the future... He did a damn good job for us.....

Peace

T.Dawg

Don't like this. Hood had one bad game, last game. He's been a starter in this league before and played well prior to the Titans game. Would have been better than Ivy/Poteat. I like Lockett as the #4 Safety over Poteat

It doesn't bother me. We have some talent back there.

Here is the deal with corners...when they have it, they can start day one. When they lose it, it happens overnight. It usually isn't a slow process.

Hanford Dixson went from a very good corner to a lead shoe in the middle of a play.

Guest Aloysius
Wasn't McCune the one that forced that fumble on the kick off return against the Titans? They showed him after the play and he looked like a monster. I thought maybe we found ourselves a player...

He also got flagged for a hold on a kick return. That probably hurt him just as much as the forced fumble helped him.

They resigned braxton from youngstown so he will only have a 2 hour drive when he gets cut again next week...

They could be looking at him as a potential practice squad player. But, they do need guys to fill the void for 3/4 of a game Thursday. You have all the starters and top subs that will be sitting by the end of the first quarter. so, why are people paying to see this game. Shouldn't it be free. You are watching 3 quarters of auditions for the final 10 to 15 spots on the roster and the practice squad.

Kind of suprising they cut Hood...I thought after watching the Green Bay game Ivy was a goner but he's still around and IMO not very good.

My guess is Hood gave an ultimatum - start me or cut me. Ivy is likely willing to come off the bench (and would have no choice).

Associated Press is reporting that Tucker was not injured, but that the Browns may be working on an injury settlement that would allow them to release Tucker. That makes more sense.

Of course the result is the same. He's not playing, and the roster spot is available.

-jj

Associated Press is reporting that Tucker was not injured, but that the Browns may be working on an injury settlement that would allow them to release Tucker. That makes more sense.

Of course the result is the same. He's not playing, and the roster spot is available.

-jj

He had a scope or clean out procedure on his knee. If they wanted him it would be PUP at the very most. They said he couldn't work a sled drill a few days ago so he had the procedure done. Hard to say if it is just an opportunity to let him retire or time to work out a buy out. I always like him and the intensity he brought with his play. His body has taken a beating in the last 3 years. Certainly leaves us a little thin at tackle.

Archived