THE BROWNS BOARD

5 roster moves today - new OT signed

OconRecon

The reason they brought in so many bodies because the lack of talent in the secondary is bad. That should make you cautious about current personal, sorta like LB.

The Browns defense is so lacking in talent.

I disagree I think our defense is going to be much improved this year possibly top ten as shown in a previous post. Here it is.

The Browns were third amongst all the NFL in takeaways last season. Guess who was 1st and 2nd, the Ravens and Bears with Lewis and Urlacher. Now telling me having a guy thats in the top ten in tackles is bad is just outlandish. If there's anything that has to do with Dqwell having a high tackle rate its that he has the best DT in all of football tying up blockers in front of him, not that he's making tackles 10 yards down the field or because the D is always on the field. Come on guys give this defense some credit? We all know the huge problem with this defense was one the scheme and two the fact we couldn't stop the run 28th in the league 151 rushing ypg. Against the pass we were substantially better ranked 14th in the NFL with 204 passing ypg. As well the Browns ranked 16th in PPG to with a modest 21.9 ppg. There is no reason this defense should not improve these numbers with a softer schedule and a much better defensive game plan. As far as Dqwell goes the guy is the real deal and you all will see that this season. Once again elite no, very good YES! I think I've made my point....

My guess is Hood gave an ultimatum - start me or cut me. Ivy is likely willing to come off the bench (and would have no choice).

if anything like this was true, big mistake. he got the start and got literally torched that first drive. throw at 5 times, gave up 4 and the other was dropped.....one which was a TD.

rookies can play that bad, yet stand a chance to get better.

Archived