THE BROWNS BOARD

Nick Mullins to start

luke8878

We will still win over the stinking ratbirds. Hoorta will be sad, don't care.

Nick Mullens, if he has to start....can play.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Mullens

" Nicholas Clayton Mullens (born March 21, 1995) is an American football quarterback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, where he surpassed Brett Favre's single-season record for passing yardage (4,476) and touchdown passes (38). He played for the San Francisco 49ers from 2017 to 2020. "

"

On September 1, 2018, Mullens was waived by the 49ers and was signed to the practice squad the next day.[27][28] On September 26, 2018, the 49ers promoted Mullens to their active roster after starting quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo tore his ACL and was placed on injured reserve for the rest of the season.[29] The terms of his new contract were for two years and $1.05 million.[30]

External video
video iconNick Mullens throws his first career touchdown
video iconNick Mullens’ Week 9 Highlights

On November 1, 2018, Mullens was named the starter for the 49ers' Week 9 game against the Oakland Raiders on Thursday Night Football after Beathard suffered a wrist injury in the previous game against the Arizona Cardinals. Mullens finished his NFL debut and first NFL start completing 16 of 22 pass attempts for 262 yards and three touchdowns as the 49ers won 34–3.[31] His passer rating of 151.9 was the highest since 1970 for a quarterback with at least 20 passing attempts in a debut. Mullens was also the first player in 49ers history to throw three touchdowns in his first game for the team"

• Thanks 1

With the new protocols, it’s a fucking joke they aren’t moving our game to Sunday to allow what I’m guessing would be multiple guys to get back on the field. I honestly hope the browns boycott this game. Putting a team of literal 3rd strong dudes against starters is absolutely dangerous. What pathetic ass joke. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-steelers-game-moved-from-thursday-to-sunday

Ravens-Steelers game moved from Thanksgiving to Sunday at 1:15 p.m. ET on NBC

"The NFL has moved the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers bout from Thanksgiving night to Sunday.

The league announced the schedule change as the Ravens deal with multiple positive COVID-19 tests this week.

"This decision was made out of an abundance of caution to ensure the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel and in consultation with medical experts," the league said in a statement."

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ravens-steelers-rescheduled-covid-19-wednesday-74469532

"The Baltimore Ravens' struggle to contain an extended outbreak of the coronavirus forced their rescheduled game Tuesday night against the unbeaten Pittsburgh Steelers to be moved back to Wednesday afternoon.

It's the third fix to a matchup originally slated to be played Thanksgiving night. The game will remain on NBC, but at 3:40 p.m. ET.

45 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

" Nicholas Clayton Mullens (born March 21, 1995) is an American football quarterback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, where he surpassed Brett Favre's single-season record for passing yardage (4,476) and touchdown passes (38). He played for the San Francisco 49ers from 2017 to 2020. "

"

On September 1, 2018, Mullens was waived by the 49ers and was signed to the practice squad the next day.[27][28] On September 26, 2018, the 49ers promoted Mullens to their active roster after starting quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo tore his ACL and was placed on injured reserve for the rest of the season.[29] The terms of his new contract were for two years and $1.05 million.[30]

External video
video iconNick Mullens throws his first career touchdown
video iconNick Mullens’ Week 9 Highlights

On November 1, 2018, Mullens was named the starter for the 49ers' Week 9 game against the Oakland Raiders on Thursday Night Football after Beathard suffered a wrist injury in the previous game against the Arizona Cardinals. Mullens finished his NFL debut and first NFL start completing 16 of 22 pass attempts for 262 yards and three touchdowns as the 49ers won 34–3.[31] His passer rating of 151.9 was the highest since 1970 for a quarterback with at least 20 passing attempts in a debut. Mullens was also the first player in 49ers history to throw three touchdowns in his first game for the team"

well he kicked their ass once why not again

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-steelers-game-moved-from-thursday-to-sunday

Ravens-Steelers game moved from Thanksgiving to Sunday at 1:15 p.m. ET on NBC

"The NFL has moved the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers bout from Thanksgiving night to Sunday.

The league announced the schedule change as the Ravens deal with multiple positive COVID-19 tests this week.

"This decision was made out of an abundance of caution to ensure the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel and in consultation with medical experts," the league said in a statement."

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ravens-steelers-rescheduled-covid-19-wednesday-74469532

"The Baltimore Ravens' struggle to contain an extended outbreak of the coronavirus forced their rescheduled game Tuesday night against the unbeaten Pittsburgh Steelers to be moved back to Wednesday afternoon.

It's the third fix to a matchup originally slated to be played Thanksgiving night. The game will remain on NBC, but at 3:40 p.m. ET.

That was last season.

They told us going into this season that they weren't rescheduling games.

I know, I know.... THE NFL HATES THE BROWNS RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 5150k9 said:

Just heard on ESPN Radio, that the NFLPA is requesting the game be rescheduled.

To when ?  If not Sunday Monday or possibly Tuesday how will that work ?   Running out of weeks.   This might be interesting no matter what happens.

If they play Saturday it might be an all-time classic !   Too bad Landry isn't available with his trick passes.

For a few games that season, Mullins was seriously talked about as a future QB1. I didn't know he was even on the squad.. Another sneaky-good signing by Berry, really about as quality as it could possibly get for your QB3.  This isn't throw-the-plays-away, he's actually quite serviceable.

Draft Profile - And at least to me his comp is Gardner Minshew.. noodle arm but good anticipation/release.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

To when ?  If not Sunday Monday or possibly Tuesday how will that work ? 

For a guy like Baker who just tested positive a day or so ago, how long is it going to take before he would test negative?  I'd have to think that it would take at least several days.  I doubt he'd be cleared for Monday night.  But I'm guessing here.  Where's Fauci?  

On a side note:  The Raiders are supposedly in a hot mess state but I think people are forgetting, they're the #2 passing offense in the league.  This is no cakewalk for the defense.  

59 minutes ago, Orion said:

For a guy like Baker who just tested positive a day or so ago, how long is it going to take before he would test negative?  I'd have to think that it would take at least several days.  I doubt he'd be cleared for Monday night.  But I'm guessing here.  Where's Fauci?  

On a side note:  The Raiders are supposedly in a hot mess state but I think people are forgetting, they're the #2 passing offense in the league.  This is no cakewalk for the defense.  

Without Waller now 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

Without Waller now 

Yeah he was on my FL team..... among the NFL walking wounded.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Sad? No, pissed off that the NFL won't reschedule the  game. It's going to be the  Las Vegas Raiders against the Cleveland Street Free Agents. 

The latest from WKYC.. Delpit and Harrison out too. Honestly,  I've lost track of how many starters and key backups are out. If I was going to the game, I'd demand a 50% rebate, because it's going to be no better than a preseason game,  except it's going to  count as a loss. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Neo said:

I do believe the Browns are now taking applications. 

I wonder if they could use a 74 y.o. with a jammed non-throwing shoulder (racquetball fall on Monday). I can test negative and the sling won't be a problem. Fits well under the Superman cape.🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Probably tanning on a beach somewhere 

Yup .. Happily retired... Great fun those times were "Strock around the clock"... Don played heady and smart all throughout his career.... He was famous for the hook and lateral play against the chargers in the playoffs..At the end of his career he was still pretty serviceable

19 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Kelly Holcomb

saw this gleam gentlemen....;)

Nick Mullens

We have a young back-up QB... Protect this guy until season's end...  

Kid's got real game

We've seen this story from time to time throughout the league,  you know  talent meets opportunity so what happens....... next.

Stay tuned  agents and players are on hold.