THE BROWNS BOARD

Don't know how I feel after this loss

Neo

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

but, nobodies getting fired either.. playing next day play-caller fixes nothing..

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I'm tired of people calling for coaches heads.

What happened in the LV is UNACCEPTABLE. If you ever sat there and wondered why this team seems to never have that extra something special, that MAGIC, MYSTIC, whatever you want to call it, look no further than the last possession the Browns had. A quarterback that was just thrown into a playoff type game throws a late TD to Harrison Bryant is MAGIC, Greedy Williams with a dagger INT late in the game MAGIC. Then you completely waste it by calling an absolute SHIT play call when all you need is three measly fucking yards. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Mike Priefer, isn't he the guy in charge of the whole "too many men on the field" debacle vs. the Ravens? If you're ok with mediocrity then maybe I'm in the wrong place.  

15 hours ago, Neo said:

Well,  it's the next day and this loss still stings. I can't believe that on the Browns last possession they couldn't pull out one of their best plays to gain enough for a first down. I understand the regular coach wasn't there but c'mon!!

There has to be a play somewhere in that play book that can get you a guaranteed three yards on 3rd&3.

I don't know: On one hand you say, "Our bread and butter is our OL and Chubb, so go with that when all the chips are on the table." On the other, you say, "Don't run such an obvious play when it matters most." If they would have tried a play action pass that fell incomplete, we'd be bitching they didn't go with their bread and butter when it mattered most. <shrugs shoulders>

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I don't know: On one hand you say, "Our bread and butter is our OL and Chubb, so go with that when all the chips are on the table." On the other, you say, "Don't run such an obvious play when it matters most." If they would have tried a play action pass that fell incomplete, we'd be bitching they didn't go with their bread and butter when it mattered most. <shrugs shoulders>

They had 9 guys stacked on the LOS and Hankins got penetration and blew the play up. At least come out in some kind of formation were passing the ball is a threat or spread them out to get them of the LOS. That play had no chance. Run your best 2pt conversion play or something,  ANYTHING. 

2 hours ago, Neo said:

They had 9 guys stacked on the LOS and Hankins got penetration and blew the play up. At least come out in some kind of formation were passing the ball is a threat or spread them out to get them of the LOS. That play had no chance. Run your best 2pt conversion play or something,  ANYTHING. 

I think I counted 5 Raiders behind the LOS within a second of the snap of that play, with all 5 defenders in arms reach of Chubb. You have a point. 

3 hours ago, Neo said:

What happened in the LV is UNACCEPTABLE.................................................. If you're ok with mediocrity then maybe I'm in the wrong place.  

I'm not ok with mediocrity. I want the Browns to ATTACK. 

Not attacking cost the Browns dearly in the 80s. The one playoff game they chose to attack, Sipe threw a pick (fuuuuuuuuu). 

Firing coaches got the franchise into a long, drawn out depths-of-despair mode. 

Call me crazy, but l'll wait for Andrew Berry to evaluate all this at the end of the season with Stefanski & associates. 

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

What keeps getting glossed over is the Raiders stink

Evidently both teams are pretty much equals right down the line.   7-7 W/L.  CLE 6-8 ATS  LV 5-9 ATS  on and on nothing spectacular.  I was even noticing that Cleveland's time of possession has gone steadily down.  The once best running game in the NFL is that the cause of effect of just the injuries  this season  (last column).

A comparison with 5 other teams.

Screenshot_2021-12-22_205137.jpg

It's either going to be a Merry Christmas, or a cornhole full of coal. 

.... and with the way the Pack has been playing, you might want to practice your it doesn't hurt face

Apathy setting in now for me.

Maybe our best shot at a Super Bowl since 1988.  I think I could have handled another Drive or Fumble game rather than watching the playoffs with a bunch of AFC teams with less talent than what we have 

Have we told Baker to get his surgery- so he pass a physical and we can trade him. 

Damn It'''

Everyone want's to pack the tent up on this season....

I ain't packing up 💩'hit yet !

Luck/ some f'king covid luck/ Help/ and WINS !

So let's lay the scenario out here -

basically for the Browns to win the AFC North with a loss this weekend in Green Bay, the final few weeks have to go thus-lee : - )

WEEK 16

-Chiefs beat Steelers

-Bengals beat Ravens

*As long as KC holds serve against Pittsburgh, the Ravens can technically win this one and the Browns would still have an opportunity, but ... go Bengals

WEEK 17

-Browns beat Steelers

-Chiefs beat Bengals

-Los Angeles Rams beat Ravens

WEEK 18

-Browns beat Bengals

-Steelers beat Ravens

If those 7 games, spread out over the final three weeks of the 2021 NFL Season go as written above, it will result in this being the final standings in the AFC North:

10810494.png

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/Cleveland-Browns-The-Playoff-Rooting-List-For-Week-16-178895415/#178895415_5

2oN.gif      Go Browns ! 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I'm never ready to pack up the tents. But a realist realizes that if they play like they have for the past few games, they have no shot of beating the Packers. Hopefully they can come out and play some of the best football all year. 

I'm in it until they count me out cold.....twice.

GO BROWNS,  so what it's in Green 💚 Bay...... just win baby !

• Like 1

Just now, Kegeratorz said:

Browns are going to give us a nice Christmas present tomorrow. Go Browns!

A Mercedes ?  Oh nice.

(a win might be better and more believable)

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Damn It'''

I ain't packing up 💩'hit yet !

Luck/ some f'king covid luck/ Help/ and WINS !

So let's lay the scenario out here -

basically for the Browns to win the AFC North with a loss this weekend in Green Bay, the final few weeks have to go thus-lee : - )

In other words:  We don't control our destiny, and need a lot of other dominoes to fall.  Too bad our covid decimated team couldn't pull out a win against the Raiders.  It would be a lot easier if the Browns somehow can manage to win out....  It may well be the least virus infected team will win it all this year. 

So You&#39;re Telling Me There&#39;s A Chance | So You&#39;re Telling Me There&#39;s A  Chance? | Know Your Meme

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm in it until they count me out cold.....twice.

GO BROWNS,  so what it's in Green 💚 Bay...... just win baby !

BTW, the contingency plan is to have a chartered jet on standby to get any players last minute eligible to the game on Saturday. And I checked- the flight time from Cleveland to Green Bay is an hour.  :)  

PS- this was going to be my road trip game, then they schedule it for Christmas Day...  LOL, one hour on a plane, an eight hour drive by car...