THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns at Steelers MNF Game Thread

Dutch Oven

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tonight, Charlie would have been an upgrade over Baker.  Nine sacks, five passes knocked down, two interceptions... Hello, 7-10. No way in hell can we beat the Bengals with Baker playing like shit. That was a winnable game, and Baker and Stefanski get the mega goat horns for the loss. The defense played plenty well enough to win.  

bs, again. Baker - 2 ints, rapist 1 int. Baker - TWO TD's, rapist - ONE TD. Baker - 185, rapist - 123. Yards per attempt - 4.9 for Baker.

rapist - 2.7. Baker - qb rating 53.1. rapist - 56.2...

and that's Baker playing hurt, which, AGAIN, I would have not let him play vs the squealers the first time.

Both qb's played poorly. But, near as I could tell - the squealers had their oline intact. At the worst possible time, Clowney did a STUPID move - tossing that shoe.

Game killer right there.

I wish Hudson was more physical, and would have latched onto Watt like Garrett gets held all the time, just to watch him get called for holding every time. That is how it plays with dirty nfl referees. Garrett gets past a tackle, the tackle keeps grabbing him from behind, NO CALL? what is going on? I think most of us know.  At least the refs didn't miss very many squealer pass interference calls....

Sure looked to me like the refs were not going to throw a flag on the squealers at a critical time - for illegal motion, but the Browns were like WHAT? WHERE's THE FLAG! THAT WAS OBVIOUS ! then the ref was embarrassed, I guess, and threw the flag.

My opinion - that holding call on Tretter was bogus. and the one on Teller was bogus.

Every game - any time a defense plays our wr's man to man, they shut them down, often....except for Landry to gets double covered, and who can still get a bit open here and there. It isn't enough.

Hey, Doug Dieken even said it at least twice - "NOBODY OPEN".

It seems that defensive linemen for the squealers knew right where the passing lanes would be. Baker usually has to zip the ball to a wr that actually does get open quick, no time to arc a pass.... and those got batted down.

Come on, Baker isn't THAT short.

So, Baker and rapistbooger threw a bone-headed, really stupid int. Stafford thew two of those in the first half, last game.

I hate losing. But replacing Baker is stupid - draft a qb after the second round, I'm good with letting him sit and grow.

But the Browns didn't have both starting safeties, their staring left tackle, their #2 rb, Owusu didn't have any backup healthy, no Troy Hill, Ward went out of the game - was questionable to begin with, Takitaki was questionable....

A. J. Green played a nice game as much as I could tell.

Everything went wrong this year. Harrison made a STUPID play on the sideline in that game, Clowney made a stupid play in the squealer game - no room for stupid plays.

Felton is too slow to return kicks, it seems to me. The onside kick was too soft, easy to come up and snag. Biggest thing I keep noticing - is opposing lb's play close to the los most of the time - and charge the los at the snap. Seems to me, they don't respect the Browns passing game - and just want to stop Chubb at all costs.

Moral to the story is - the wr group needs a #1 star wr. That is why the Bengals drafted Ja'Marr Chase. and what a giant difference he made.

and still, the Browns could have won the game.

dammit.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tonight, Charlie would have been an upgrade over Baker.  Nine sacks, five passes knocked down, two interceptions... Hello, 7-10. No way in hell can we beat the Bengals with Baker playing like shit. That was a winnable game, and Baker and Stefanski get the mega goat horns for the loss. The defense played plenty well enough to win.  

Last game of the season with nothing to gain or lose by either team. I say that gives our scrubbs a chance to win over theirs, especially if Baker does not play much.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Last game of the season with nothing to gain or lose by either team. I say that gives our scrubbs a chance to win over theirs, especially if Baker does not play much.

Baker should sit out the last game - the playoffs chance is over. Get his surgery, come back next year.

With an upgraded wr group. And Baker, btw, was sacked once - and the sacker fell on top of him full weight, on Baker's injured shoulder.....

no call. Too many things going wrong this year. Oh, and they need a punter.

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

Baker should sit out the last game - the playoffs chance is over. Get his surgery, come back next year.

With an upgraded wr group. And Baker, btw, was sacked once - and the sacker fell on top of him full weight, on Baker's injured shoulder.....

no call. Too many things going wrong this year. Oh, and they need a punter.

kicker😁

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

bs, again. Baker - 2 ints, rapist 1 int. Baker - TWO TD's, rapist - ONE TD. Baker - 185, rapist - 123. Yards per attempt - 4.9 for Baker.

rapist - 2.7. Baker - qb rating 53.1. rapist - 56.2...

and that's Baker playing hurt, which, AGAIN, I would have not let him play vs the squealers the first time.

Both qb's played poorly. But, near as I could tell - the squealers had their oline intact. At the worst possible time, Clowney did a STUPID move - tossing that shoe.

Game killer right there..

Sure Baker is hurt... SO? Then the question is- why is Stefanski still letting him play? That level of suckage certainly was hurting the team. Kev afraid he's going to hurt Baker's ego if he sits him?  Maybe you weren't watching the game when Baker started off throwing passes that had all the accuracy of some High School kid throwing the rock. Those guys were generally open in that stretch, and Mayfield  misfired BADLY on most of them 1 for 10, an interception, and a sack. Go look up the game log. Heck, not even being able to accurately flip a ten yard toss to Chubb on a screen pass? Barf city.   FWIW, leave Ben out of the damn conversation- and focus for a change on how piss poorly Baker played. 

I'll buy we need an upgrade at WR, but the way Mayfield played the last two games, don't be shocked if the Browns go quarterback shopping in the first round come April... I certainly won't be.  

I've watched that replay on Clowney throwing the shoe like 4 times. 

WTF was he doing? Was he mad at Claypool for something? Made a great play and then does that.... Then goes over the the sideline and acts like he has no idea how it happened. 

Also, I gotta wonder how many Bears fans watching last night thought it was interesting to lose a game to the Steelers because your defender "looked at the other sideline" and drew a taunting penalty,  while Watt tips a ball, then points his finger at another player and yells obscenities at him with impunity  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hx214 said:

I've watched that replay on Clowney throwing the shoe like 4 times. 

WTF was he doing? Was he mad at Claypool for something? Made a great play and then does that.... Then goes over the the sideline and acts like he has no idea how it happened. 

Also, I gotta wonder how many Bears fans watching last night thought it was interesting to lose a game to the Steelers because your defender "looked at the other sideline" and drew a taunting penalty,  while Watt tips a ball, then points his finger at another player and yells obscenities at him with impunity  

That sure as hell was taunting. NO CALL.

I love this classic rivalry, but seeing what happened in this game was very unexceptable. No matter what play we did, the STEELERS were right there for almost every play to stop the run or to knock down a pass for a incompletion. And then the season was over. No playoffs, no grand fanale, just another end to a dismal Browns season AGAIN.

Watt used Hudson as a turnstile, one sack was from Landry  off LT, immediately cutting to the right, not touching Highsmith, and Highsmith simply roared in for a sack.

Not the best idea.