THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns at Steelers MNF Game Thread

Dutch Oven

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

To fair, there is nothing from Josh Allen's tape that would indicate what he is today. Nada...

In fact, Josh was one of the worst QB's in the NFL his first two seasons while the team around him struggled to float his play.   If that same level of play was brought to CLE, doubt this front office would have had the patience to see it through like BUF has.

Not sure Buff really had a choice

Did Austin Hooper tip drill that pass to the defender? 

That guy is making 10 million?

Was Hudson drafted to be a on the OL? 

Why the hell is Chubb or Garrett even on the field if Garrett is dropping into coverage and Chubb isn't running the ball...

That was the worst game all around (player, coached) I've seen in a long time. Kev better "watch the tape".....

33 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Hudson vs Watt one on one shows Stef has moved on from Baker.

He gone.

There will be a new QB next year

But really, who's fault is it? When is there a point where the coach steps in a benches his QB if he knows he is hurt and hurting the team. I don't think Stefanski is that great of a coach AT ALL. How many wins did they leave on the field due to bad playcalling?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Ah..... now I remember just how the Charlie Frye days felt. 

Tonight, Charlie would have been an upgrade over Baker.  Nine sacks, five passes knocked down, two interceptions... Hello, 7-10. No way in hell can we beat the Bengals with Baker playing like shit. That was a winnable game, and Baker and Stefanski get the mega goat horns for the loss. The defense played plenty well enough to win.  

Everybody worried about a QB here... After listening to that press conference... We better start worrying about this freaking head coach...

He literally just threw his rookie Tackle and QB to the wolves and never thought about running against the worst run defense in the league or sliding over a TE.  Those replays of Hudson on Watt, you could have out a wooden board vertical on the field and had more effect on the pass rush. That might screw him up so bad he can't recover 

Unless that was the plan. Lose and get higher draft pick while proving you QB can't escape a 2 second rush. If it was. Bravo. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, hx214 said:

He literally just threw his rookie Tackle and QB to the wolves and never thought about running against the worst run defense in the league

Yes, and PIT had several of their starting run-stoppers out of the game, meaning they were on the injury report as, "OUT."

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

And here we are blame the coach, the line, the WRs, the refs, the ball, the weather, etc. etc…for bad QB play 

The coach game plans for a QB that can’t execute the plan. He has a great running game, and dropbacks 47 times and runs 20. That is beyond stupid

And yes Baker isn’t good enough also. So why put the game in his hands to begin with?

My only takeaway from this game is I wish i was in Vegas early in the week when you could have gotten Steelers +3. I would have backed the Brinks up to bet on the Steelers. There wasn't any way in Ben's last home game, against a teams out of the playoffs, the Browns ineptitude nor the powers that be were going to make that an L for the Steelers. Oh well-