THE BROWNS BOARD

SO WHAT DO WE DO FOR 2022?

BrownsfaninPa

1. Draft QB with first round pick. Wait 2-3 years to see if pans out. Fire everybody. Start over. 

2. Give up 3 years of first rounders for a guy with 22 sexual misconduct counts against him. Hope he doesn't go to prison or gets caught again. If does, fire everybody. Start Over.

Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, hx214 said:

1. Draft QB with first round pick. Wait 2-3 years to see if pans out. Fire everybody. Start over. 

2. Give up 3 years of first rounders for a guy with 22 sexual misconduct counts against him. Hope he doesn't go to prison or gets caught again. If does, fire everybody. Start Over.

Can't wait!

It seems that's all were good at..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

It seems that's all were good at..

We lead the world in fire everybody and start over

If that was a sport, we would be the greatest of all time

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hx214 said:

Can't wait!

I think # 2 is a much better option 

Neither here... I spend a 2nd on an RPO QB. I continue to like the Miss. State kid, but not going into the draft. Camp would be a true competition.

image.thumb.png.8f67b773d9ceee91788b302da730270b.png

My first? Likely on D... middle D ... Front to back inside out... so DT or ILB.

Balance? WRs and CBs with an RB just for luck... cast a wide net.

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

My first? Likely on D... middle D ... Front to back inside out... so DT or ILB.

Balance? WRs and CBs with an RB just for luck... cast a wide net.

Both Walterfootball and Drafttek have us taking OSU's WR Garrett Wilson. I personally like Bama's Jameson Williams, but I'd be open to looking to OSU.

I draft a 2nd round QB and keep healed up Baker and have a real competition. Secondly I invest heavily in receivers who can separate and CATCH. This would be top priority in the draft and free agency. I dump Hooper , keep Chief and Bryant and add another developmental move TE. Do this and give Stef the keys to the car and O one more year. 

On 1/4/2022 at 7:54 PM, jcam222 said:

I draft a 2nd round QB and keep healed up Baker and have a real competition. Secondly I invest heavily in receivers who can separate and CATCH. This would be top priority in the draft and free agency. I dump Hooper , keep Chief and Bryant and add another developmental move TE. Do this and give Stef the keys to the car and O one more year. 

Which “2nd round” quarterbacks would you have in mine ? 

On 1/4/2022 at 3:45 PM, BrownsfaninPa said:

Do we put aside this season and forget about it,

Absolutely not.  No putting our heads in the sand.  

We make sure we're involved in ANY trade talks regarding starting QB's.  We explore every QB in the draft.  Perhaps evaluating all avenues at QB tells us to stand pat for now....or not.  We ABSOLUTELY MUST come up with a prolific passing attack.  We are far from having one and it's an absolute necessity if winning championships is the goal...which it IS the goal.  That means QB, Receivers & Blockers.  

Our RB's are great!  But they need a good passing attack to BE great. 

Our D was improved this past season.  But as I've said before (and Myles said it recently), Defenses don't score enough points to win football games.  You have to have complimentary football.  But I'd go further than that and say, You've got to have a good offense if you want to win Championships.  The old saying of Defense Wins Championships is a good one, but has to be understood properly.  That statement only kicks in when your offense is good enough to get you into the playoffs.  For the most part, all of the playoff teams have really good offenses.  And the exceptions to the rule that gets into the playoffs get weeded out in the playoff process.  Super Bowl champions have really good offenses...with really good passing games.  All we have is a good running game....and that's not enough to get you into the playoffs let alone through them.

More than anything else, for 2022, the main focus of improvement MUST BE our ability to move the ball through the air!  And that includes, When the game is on the line!

18 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I won’t pretend to be a Qb whisperer. Just need a QB who can push Baker and  / or start if needed. 

The way Baker is running his mouth.. He may not be here long... According to MKC... Baker is demanding changes to the offense or he demands to be traded...

On 1/4/2022 at 7:54 PM, jcam222 said:

I dump Hooper

This represents 3.75 dead [select "Cut post-June 1"] and saves 9.5 in 2022.  Hooper's cap charge next season is a hilarious 13.25

Hilarious as in.. Of course it is.

And let's not get into second-round-QB stuff. First round WR, second round DT, third round DE [Logan Hall? Will Mcdonald?] - only then start taking shots.

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

2022 Schedule news

Browns Win and Ravens Lose…we play the Texans, Raiders or Chargers and The WFT.

Browns Lose or Ravens Win…we play Jax, Broncos and the Giants.

I hate the idea of the Browns losing today.. Draft slot? I really don't care ! JOK's made it to the 2nd round & it's player talent evaluations/real medicals, over where talent is picked, in most drafts..

Browns will Win today ! 23 -14

Ravens will Win today ! 28 -17

tBrowns can still leave trade down options 'open' to a team needing a QB ahead of the Steelers  :)

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I hate the idea of the Browns losing today.. Draft slot? I really don't care ! JOK's made it to the 2nd round & it's player talent evaluations/real medicals, over where talent is picked, in most drafts..

Browns will Win today ! 23 -14

Ravens will Win today ! 28 -17

tBrowns can still leave trade down options 'open' to a team needing a QB ahead of the Steelers  :)

We can win and still finish last in the division. 

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Bad year for a QB better than Baker.

I'd prefer not seeing Pickett nor Corral in 💩'burg... Corral would not bother me as a OR'leans Saint as our small trade down partner (Pickett should be already gone)

22 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

We can win and still finish last in the division. 

by a half game tie to Pittsburgh tying the Lions*.... I"ll be ok ! ;)  (maybe?) 

On 1/4/2022 at 4:07 PM, hx214 said:

Can't wait!

😄

I will go under the assumption that the QB and O stay the same.  Right now there is too much emotion on both sides of that issue.

1. Sign Clowney.  Use some of Landry's money to get that done.  Same with McDowell.

2. Trade Hunt for whatever you can get and sign Johnson as the primary back- up.

3. Sign a good DT.  Anything in draft is a bonus.  Both of Togai and Elliott are anywhere from bad to low end average back-up quality.

3. Sign and draft a WR.  Basically, all of our receiver's suck. We could cut them all and start over and be no worse.

1 hour ago, hx214 said:

I'm cutting Hooper the second I can. And I don't care how much it cost in dead cap. 

Watching him run around lost yesterday and missing blocks leaving Chubb out to dry. 

Berry screwed up on that one.

Yeah, if I see it correctly we can save $9.75 million overall by releasing him. That's going to be about as easy a decision as it gets. 

As much as I hate to see him leave, I think Landry is going to be an easy cut though (assuming he doesn't restructure). Dead cap for Juice is only $1.5 million to save $15 million. 

One wild card name that the Browns could get for cheap is Dede Westbrook. Has rapport with Mayfield from his OU days, obviously not for top end WR talent but that room needs a total makeover. I like the idea of getting someone like him in. 

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

1. Sign Clowney.  Use some of Landry's money to get that done.  Same with McDowell.

2. Trade Hunt for whatever you can get and sign Johnson as the primary back- up.

3. Sign a good DT.  Anything in draft is a bonus.  Both of Togai and Elliott are anywhere from bad to low end average back-up quality.

3. Sign and draft a WR.  Basically, all of our receiver's suck. We could cut them all and start over and be no worse.

Like all but #2.. Hunt missing games this season.. smells like pouring gas to a spark onto his next season.. or you could be right? Hunts RB axles has some loose wheels falling off? Ernest with injuries at position? Proved his stay..I'd try to keep the 3 headed monsters together..(but please!  stop the 4th line hockey line shifting of them!)

#3) DT's... we have two 6'4'"s as starters. When's the last time our DT's even put a finger on a pass? Leading to a tipped pass from our DT's? (where we can cover no one)

Shelton Day..Togiai..Elliott .. good motor!   all 2" shorter than starters.. with stubby short arm wingspans, that rarely time the ball getting their hands up?  This draft is full of 6'4" DT's with maybe some good wingspans..

Jordan Davis...show me where your gas tank runs out after halftime? Heck! If a WR run starts early? All could be off the board before our clock starts ticking :o

honestly..I hate to think how the top of this draft goes (Johnathan Hankins says hello AB)

1) Avg.drafting class of QB's

2) 3 DE's projected at the top, that can't carry a college Bosa nor Watt brothers jockstrap bag  🤓

3) 

Ok..I'll stop myself there ...

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I will go under the assumption that the QB and O stay the same.  Right now there is too much emotion on both sides of that issue.

1. Have to sign Clowney - he plays hard,

2, Gotta KEEP Hunt - he's super productive, great friends with Chubb - don't fix it if it ain't broke.

3.My stupid mock draft - I consider signing another DL - if possible - great. But Leal is elite - I think.

4. Yep. The Browns have been drafting smartly - were it not for Leal ...maybe being there at 13, the Browns surely go WR. Maybe. lol

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

1. Have to sign Clowney - he plays hard,

2, Gotta KEEP Hunt - he's super productive, great friends with Chubb - don't fix it if it ain't broke.

3.My stupid mock draft - I consider signing another DL - if possible - great. But Leal is elite - I think.

4. Yep. The Browns have been drafting smartly - were it not for Leal ...maybe being there at 13, the Browns surely go WR. Maybe. lol

Leal has been the best A&M defender since Myles left with about 20 more lbs to start and just as versatile anywhere in the LOS including edge or DT.

If Leal is there at 13 we will have no choice but to take him. If he isn't then WR for sure.

• Upvote 1

1.  Assess QB availability via Trades and assess the play calling duties next year. 

If we are stuck with Baker…

-Draft a WR (Day 1 or Day 2).

-Sign a veteran WR. Maybe Gallup if he’s okay (medically) come training camp on a prove it deal. 

-Draft a Dlineman (Day 1 or Day 2)

-Re-sign Clowney and Njoku

- Sign a good running blocking TE. 

-Draft an Offensive Tackle (Day 2 or Early Day 3)

-Sign a Vet OT after you’ve assessed the Conklin situation this Summer.

-Sign a MLB.

- Bring Back MJ Stewart and Malcolm Smith and make an aggressive offer to retain Derenst Johnson

-Cut Hooper and Case Keenum

- Day 3 Draft a Kicker and a Punter and an Interior offensive Lineman.