THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield out Sunday. Surgery ASAP

Browns149

Just a strange way to end the season. 

Damn I hope the Browns aren't going backwards. Last night's offensive "performance" reminded me of Ray Farmer texting Pettine to get that a$$ Johnny into the game. Left Hudson out to dry.

Get well Baker. In the mean time, Berry & Stefanski have tons to talk about. 

Why didn’t they do it for the Stoolers game? It meant nothing to us and it meant everything to them

He was setup to fail and he took  a beating in the process 

At least that’s what it looks like

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Why didn’t they do it for the Stoolers game? It meant nothing to us and it meant everything to them

Man, that's exactly what it feels like. After Sunday's results, the Browns should've had a quick team meeting and began the medical process for their starting QB..... it just feels, well, so Browns like. 

29 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Man, that's exactly what it feels like. After Sunday's results, the Browns should've had a quick team meeting and began the medical process for their starting QB..... it just feels, well, so Browns like. 

Disfunction seems to be the Haslam’s calling card

No way a good QB is going to want to be traded here

7 minutes ago, ATOM said:

so then why didnt we roll with case at some point this year ?

Exactly what should have happened. Behind the scenes I feel like there is some wierdness going on pushing them to continue starting Mayfield. Stefanski made some comments today as to he wasn’t aware of some of the things about the shoulder. What???

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

Exactly what should have happened. Behind the scenes I feel like there is some wierdness going on pushing them to continue starting Mayfield. Stefanski made some comments today as to he wasn’t aware of some of the things about the shoulder. What???

also  if i remember correctly baker said there was some disfunction in the locker room and stef said after hearing of this was not aware of anything like that,could it be that coach wanted to bench baker after he was hurt but for what ever reason baker played anyway ?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

He was set up to fail as soon as he got injured and this circus was allowed to continue. 

I mean what the fuck is going on??? Think about it. This time last year, Baker Mayfield and his Browns sent the Steelers packing in the playoffs. Now the whole circus on let's see how long Mayfield lasts until he crumbles. 

And not one peep from anyone not even the owner, while his franchise quarterback is beat to a pulp. I am in no way saying Baker doesn't have his flaws because he does and is beside the point. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Neo said:

He was set up to fail as soon as he got injured and this circus was allowed to continue. 

I mean what the fuck is going on??? Think about it. This time last year, Baker Mayfield and his Browns sent the Steelers packing in the playoffs. Now the whole circus on let's see how long Mayfield lasts until he crumbles. 

And not one peep from anyone not even the owner, while his franchise quarterback is beat to a pulp. I am in no way saying Baker doesn't have his flaws because he does and is beside the point. 

Baker definitely has his flaws, as does the coach. But if this is concerted effort to have him fail, WHICH I SURE AS HELL HOPE IT ISN’T, 

Then we are at DISFUNCTION 101. And the Haslam’s are NEVER EVER EVER EVER going to win a DAMN THING

I think it's a matter of playoffs - they wanted it so bad, everything was going wrong,

Keenum's arm is fading - I think that is why they didn't go to him until now.

Playoffs gone, now he can play. The sad part is, Baker hasn't been himself - and irate disapponted fans

who don't know better, blame it all on Baker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ATOM said:

baker said there was some disfunction in the locker room

Baker always has something to say. No reason to say anything, however, he felt compelled once again to announce his displeasures. And if he isn't talking, his wife is. Some people just love drama, and most of the time those same people are the disfunction.

25 minutes ago, Kegeratorz said:

Baker always has something to say. No reason to say anything, however, he felt compelled once again to announce his displeasures. And if he isn't talking, his wife is. Some people just love drama, and most of the time those same people are the disfunction.

Typical of today's snowflake youth...

Keenum blows. Hopefully they can cut him without much dead cap next year. Waste of money that should be spent elsewhere. Kev screwing up again instead of letting Mullens have another crack at it so show what he can do. I'd gladly keep him on as a Backup QB next year for 1/4 of the price.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I think it's a matter of playoffs - they wanted it so bad, everything was going wrong,

Keenum's arm is fading - I think that is why they didn't go to him until now.

Playoffs gone, now he can play. The sad part is, Baker hasn't been himself - and irate disapponted fans

who don't know better, blame it all on Baker.

Baker Mayfield completed just 60.4 percent of his passes, threw just 17 touchdowns and gave away 13 interceptions. There were 43 sacks and a dozen batted down passes. Pro Football Focus graded him as the 30th-best quarterback in a 32-team league. He ranked 26th in yards per attempt, at 7.2.

4 hours ago, Vambo said:

Baker Mayfield completed just 60.4 percent of his passes, threw just 17 touchdowns and gave away 13 interceptions. There were 43 sacks and a dozen batted down passes. Pro Football Focus graded him as the 30th-best quarterback in a 32-team league. He ranked 26th in yards per attempt, at 7.2.

From NFL football fans to the "experts", It seems everyone outside of Cleveland thinks Baker sucks.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

From NFL football fans to the "experts", It seems everyone outside of Cleveland thinks Baker sucks.

30 out of 32? Hope springs eternal for the Baker crowd.   Too used to seeing Brandon We-Done and Deshone Kizer stink up the place. Daummm  Baker is the Bomb!!!   

40 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Please elaborate how you are tougher dumber than Baker Mayfield. 

Poor grip on reality of lousy play...   I will bet the ranch it wasn't Baker's decision to sit out against the Bengals.  Um, his agent told him, you go out there and suck another time, you're costing yourself a couple million dollars... :D  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Please elaborate how you are tougher than Baker Mayfield. 

Your lack of intelligence amuses me... Next!

7 hours ago, nickers said:

Your lack of intelligence amuses me... Next!

By reading your posts on here, it appears nothing actually amuses you.

You appear to be a very bitter person.

That's unfortunate, nickers. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

By reading your posts on here, it appears nothing actually amuses you.

You appear to be a very bitter person.

That's unfortunate, nickers. 

Whats unfortunate is you looking for every opportunity to belittle others and act like an immature churl..

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, nickers said:

Whats unfortunate is you looking for every opportunity to belittle others and act like an immature churl..

So I'm guessing you cannot explain to us how you are tougher than Baker Mayfield, who you referred to as a "snowflake". 

Interesting. 

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

So I'm guessing you cannot explain to us how you are tougher than Baker Mayfield, who you referred to as a "snowflake". 

Interesting. 

What I've been through in my life you couldnt handle... I owe you nothing you hillbilly punk...