THE BROWNS BOARD

Malik McDowell Arrested

MLD Woody

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I thought he had turned his life around. That is too bad. He's gone. IDL in the first round I think. Season's over....all that money.... I guess he reverted to the same problems in the past. All that talent going to complete waste. He just threw it all away.

Jordan Davis or Demarvin Leal. wr in the second round.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I thought he had turned his life around. That is too bad. He's gone. IDL in the first round I think. Season's over....all that money.... I guess he reverted to the same problems in the past. All that talent going to complete waste. He just threw it all away.

Probably got jacked up on crack or something like that. Saw it quite a few times in my career, it's never alcohol that makes you run around naked outside😬

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I’m not for taking interior dl in first round. They are not every down players

That's what I thought, until the Browns traded down and let the Ravens take Haloti Ngata.  :)   

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That's what I thought, until the Browns traded down and let the Ravens take Haloti Ngata.  :)   

There are exceptions to every rule.

Ngata, Suh, Cox, Donald...    If the player is THAT good, pull the trigger.    As much as a load to handle as Jordan Davis appears to be, he doesn't look so dominant in both phases of the game that would allow me to take him top 15.  At least, not by my initial viewing.    That's on top of questions about the longevity and health of a human being that size.

58 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

There are exceptions to every rule.

Ngata, Suh, Cox, Donald...    If the player is THAT good, pull the trigger.    As much as a load to handle as Jordan Davis appears to be, he doesn't look so dominant in both phases of the game that would allow me to take him top 15.  At least, not by my initial viewing.    That's on top of questions about the longevity and health of a human being that size.

Tend to agree with Davis. Unless he has a freakish combine, I could see him falling in the draft too for that reason. A little bit of a one season wonder with the dudes shear size (340 lbs, Jesus) will lead to fair criticisms like you noted.

Much more strongly leaning toward WR with the first pick.

• Upvote 2

Malik McDowell arrested for public exposure and assaulting a deputy

Brilliant!  Freakin' Brilliant.  Perhaps he can room with our offensive tackle that was selling weed.  Robinson right?    

4 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I'm on record with a somewhat similar stance. 

I'm not saying I would never take a DTackle in the top half of the first, but the guy I did it for would have to be damn special. 

I'm not sure that guy (for me) exists in this draft for the Browns at #13 overall. I'd rather get a couple guys in the mid rounds that do one aspect well, and throw them in the IDL rotation.

• Upvote 1

I watched Davis a lot in the Clemson game in September and the Bama game last week.  I thought he looked like he was in better playing shape in September than he was in the title game. He didn’t appear to be hobbled at all. Looks like he’s going to have get a little more serious at the next level (conditioning wise) or maybe it’s just asking too much from a guy his size. 

Bama doubled him alot- they seemingly tried to account for him when he took the field. He had the strip sack early that was negated by overturn call (incomplete pass). Otherwise kind of an unremarkable game.  Fellow Dlineman Jalen Carter his teammate actually stood out to me (Cine too- love the way that guy plays). Actually I’d prefer Carter in 2023 relentless motor and a major athlete in the trenches.  

Back to Davis- he obviously moves very well for his size and looks like he has good playing strength.  Probably not going to see Aaron Donald sack production from him, but he’s gonna command attention and make his fair share of splash plays.

Before the game I was intrigued…but I’m leaning toward a guy like Garrett Wilson 

What a tool...  His career is pretty much dead... This dude is going by way of Kellen Winslow Jr. The world is a fucked up place today... The bizarre things people do are mind numbing...

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Deputy took the bull-rush better than the Chicago Oline did.

He did and he took him on with little knee bend. And The Interview with the teacher lol.  

So his defense is already getting ahead of this…someone gave him something that he didn’t know about….the involuntary intoxication defense. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Orion said:

He ran right through those bushes with no friggin' clothes on.  That musta' hurt.  I hope he's got poison ivy.

Lol.... posted this before..here's twice...

In 2 seasons, Andy Janovich has caught all of 5 passes for 22 yards.. and 4 carries for 4 yards/1 TD...

See that McDowell running start?... If only Malik was given the Vita Vea opt., to run into a goal=line handoff? 3rd & 2? we'll just never know...😠 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I watched Davis a lot in the Clemson game in September and the Bama game last week.  I thought he looked like he was in better playing shape in September than he was in the title game. He didn’t appear to be hobbled at all. Looks like he’s going to have get a little more serious at the next level (conditioning wise) or maybe it’s just asking too much from a guy his size. 

Bama doubled him alot- they seemingly tried to account for him when he took the field. He had the strip sack early that was negated by overturn call (incomplete pass). 

Back to Davis- he obviously moves very well for his size and looks like he has good playing strength.  

Before the game I was intrigued…but I’m leaning toward a guy like Garrett Wilson 

agree on all accounts^^ Garrett Wilson is still just ahead of Bama's J. Williams at pick 13 in 1st.. ( Rams RB Akers was back in 6 months)

I did look at WR Drake London.. underneath stuff he's great..mid to deep routes? He's not close to Wilson nor Williams separation burst/nor route tree feet ... 

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Leal is a versatile every down player all across the D-line.

Then comes these two^^ I've watched a few games on both...

sometimes Leal can get 'squatty' on balls he just misses for tips. He still had somewhere around 6 batted balls.. Leal gets his low man wins! 

I have Jordan Davis slightly ahead of Leal at this time... intangibles..

Davis overall wingspan size will be power center'ish... he's going to tip some NFL balls

Offensively Blocks as a 6th man blocker.. well !

Has Davis ever been stopped on a goal-line carry?

What's going to be fun is? We have no D-Line coach & 2 on team player scouts on hand from both teams... Chubb vs. Garrett     

11 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I did look at WR Drake London.. underneath stuff he's great..mid to deep routes? He's not close to Wilson nor Williams separation burst/nor route tree feet ... 

btw, what to you think of Treylon Burks? It will be interesting to see what his forty time is at the combine.

Wilson is excellent. It's tough - it's a very top heavy draft with Leal and Davis being the top two....

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

btw, what to you think of Treylon Burks? It will be interesting to see what his forty time is at the combine.

Wilson is excellent. It's tough - it's a very top heavy draft with Leal and Davis being the top two....

Have not got to Burks yet Cal.. Have Burks on deck for our snow & ice weekend.. I do know,

Burks looks to have, a great wingspan for Bakers high balls.. The 40 times.. 3 cones & Verts on all these WR's (but Williams) will be very telling for some self scouting..

The Teams with multiple picks ahead of us... really bothers me most on Wilson getting to us..

for us? it maybe good if Wilson just decides to do his Pro-day? J. Williams at this point, can't gain on Wilson.. Wilson can only hurt his own stock.. stay tuned 

• Thanks 1

I woke up this morning in Key West around 5:30 to the Miami news on the tv teasing “NFL player arrested running naked at a Ft. Lauderdale daycare center.” I just assumed it was a Cleveland Brown, as I was still a little groggy. Sure enough…

• Haha 1