THE BROWNS BOARD

Killing of Amir Locke

jbluhm86

Bodycam video shows Minneapolis cop fatally shoot Amir Locke in no-knock raid

I don't agree with BLM overall, but this kind of shit is what helps fuel the anger that drives organizations like BLM. This shooting was completely unjustified and the police should be held liable in this kid's death. No-knock warrants should also be outlawed as well.

no knock raids should be outlawed except for the most obvious of circumstances. I can't imagine police storming into a home, wrong address, no knock.

I'd have a gun with me I'd hope to defend against a home invasion.

I'm assuming they do NOT announce who they are.

Strange though, Amir had a gun right with him, a concealed carry permit?

Very strange. Gives police haters a little excuse for hating ALL police everywhere. too bad.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4613379/who-was-amir-locke/

unnamed-3.jpg?w=960

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

no knock raids should be outlawed except for the most obvious of circumstances. I can't imagine police storming into a home, wrong address, no knock.

I'd have a gun with me I'd hope to defend against a home invasion.

I'm assuming they do NOT announce who they are.

Strange though, Amir had a gun right with him, a concealed carry permit?

Very strange. Gives police haters a little excuse for hating ALL police everywhere. too bad.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4613379/who-was-amir-locke/

unnamed-3.jpg?w=960

If he pulled out a gun then the shooting was justified.  And you don't need a concealed carry on your property.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Bodycam video shows Minneapolis cop fatally shoot Amir Locke in no-knock raid

I don't agree with BLM overall, but this kind of shit is what helps fuel the anger that drives organizations like BLM. This shooting was completely unjustified and the police should be held liable in this kid's death. No-knock warrants should also be outlawed as well.

A gun in his hand makes the shooting completely justified.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't know enough about the circumstances. In general I think I would probably agree with the cop.

WSS

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

If he pulled out a gun then the shooting was justified.  And you don't need a concealed carry on your property.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

A gun in his hand makes the shooting completely justified.

The elapsed time from when SWAT breaks into the house until they shoot Amir Locke was 9 seconds. Locke was woken up from sleep in the middle of the night by armed men yelling and screaming at him while pointing guns at him. Locke was legally allowed to possess a firearm; body-cam footage shows that he was using proper discipline by not having his finger on the trigger and he didn't even point the gun at any of the officers. Even the no-knock warrant didn't list Locke as a suspect or POI. There was no justification for the police to shoot him, but they killed him anyway.

Police handled this situation about as poorly as possible, and they should be held civilly liable for his death at the least, if not criminally.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Dumb ass shouldn't have a loaded gun with him on t he couch and he would be alive.

Do you have loaded guns in your house? Do you keep a loaded gun in a nightstand in your bedroom or somewhere within arm's reach while you sleep? If so, then I guess the police are free and clear to unload on you in your bed if they come into your house then 

43 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Do you have loaded guns in your house? Do you keep a loaded gun in a nightstand in your bedroom or somewhere within arm's reach while you sleep? If so, then I guess the police are free and clear to unload on you in your bed if they come into your house then 

Stick to being a lab assistant.

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

The elapsed time from when SWAT breaks into the house until they shoot Amir Locke was 9 seconds.

I go from sleep to wide awake almost instantly... Maybe faster if the police were screaming police!!! Get ON THE FLOOR!!  Not a fan of "No Knock" entries except in extreme cases but I'm at very slight risk of that happening at my house. 9 seconds is an eternity under those circumstances.

And yes, I have loaded firearms at the ready in my home. But aiming one at overwhelming numbers of LEO officers just isn't an option I would choose.

22 minutes ago, Axe said:

I go from sleep to wide awake almost instantly... Maybe faster if the police were screaming police!!! Get ON THE FLOOR!!  Not a fan of "No Knock" entries except in extreme cases but I'm at very slight risk of that happening at my house. 9 seconds is an eternity under those circumstances.

And yes, I have loaded firearms at the ready in my home. But aiming one at overwhelming numbers of LEO officers just isn't an option I would choose.

Except Amir Locke didn't point the gun at anyone. It was aimed at the floor the whole time. His finger wasn't even on the trigger.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Except Amir Locke didn't point the gun at anyone. It was aimed at the floor the whole time. His finger wasn't even on the trigger.

"As the blanket fell away, police saw a gun in Locke's hand and claim he was pointing it at an officer.

Three gunshots go off, two hitting Locke in the chest and one on his right wrist, according to an incident report."

How many cops have been killed in the line of duty here lately?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

True. Amir was not a resident of the place I think. The no knock thing is a dangerous problem when it doesn't require serious circumstances. Like I mentioned - must have been a bad neighborhood- Amir was background checked, with no knock raid, of course he would have his gun out.

It's an asswhole move by the police - without a serious warrant granted for serious circumstances.

One mistake and all hell could break loose. The police need to be sued when they are wrong.

Raleigh families say police raided wrong homes, judge ...

RALEIGH N.C. (WNCN) - On Wednesday, a Wake County Superior Court judge denied the release of Raleigh Police Department body camera footage in the case of a "no-knock" search warrant in May 2020. Abraham Rubert-Schewel, the lawyer for Wake County bus driver Yolanda Irving, said a Raleigh SWAT team burst into her home with rifles drawn […]

Raleigh mom still devastated after RPD tactical team raids ...

RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Raleigh mother is still brought to tears remembering the day a team of Raleigh police officers raided the wrong house, terrifying her family. The incident happened in ...

"You've got the wrong house": Video shows Chicago police ...

Chicago police handcuff woman in botched raid... 02:26 In 2019, a Black social worker was in her home when Chicago police burst through the door and handcuffed her while she was naked in a raid ...
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Axe said:

"As the blanket fell away, police saw a gun in Locke's hand and claim he was pointing it at an officer.

Three gunshots go off, two hitting Locke in the chest and one on his right wrist, according to an incident report."

How many cops have been killed in the line of duty here lately?

The body cam video doesn't show that the gun was ever pointed at the officers. It was pointed at the ground. Simply having a gun is not a justification to kill someone. We have the right to keep and bear arms in this country.

I just don't see now a no knock raid for no legit reason is valid - and breakdown down a door, (or picking lock?) ....

shooting someone dead because they have a gun in their hand? That is criminal with no justification.

What to they EXPECT in a no knock raid?

1. Minnesota - Castle Doctrine.

https://www.gunlaws101.com/state/law/minnesota/castle-doctrine

2. Yelling "police by several policemen? sounds like loud terrifying noise, I think, to people just waking up at night.

Have to wonder what "CLEAR", "POLICE".... "GET ON THE FLOOR", "HE'S GOT A GUN", "HANDS", "SEARCH WARRANT"...etc etc, all at the same time sounds like to someone who was asleep a moment before.

3. Amir was NOT the person they were after. There was no excuse for a no knock raid. No drug house, etc - where the bad people KNOW it's the police.

4. The officer who shot made a fatal mistake, should be tried and prosecuted. Years ago, an elderly neighbor had police knocking on his door, he answered it with his pistol in his hand. A storm incident caused their alarm to go off - the Sheriff and our neighbor had a nice talk, laughed about how it happened, everything was fine.

JBlu is correct - just having a gun is ZERO justification for being shot. And yes, he did NOT point the gun at anyone, and he had his finger OFF the trigger.

Police have the legal responsibility to do things properly. If Amir had pointed the gun at an officer, surely it would show on the film.

All the police had to do, was simply pound on the door, while one officer in charge yells "POLICE" and "SEARCH WARRANT"... then wait til they answer the door. And enter, having been identified, and go in and get whoever they were going to arrest.

or, station police there in the early hours of the morning, and get the person(s) when they come out the door.

but no knock exploding into a house- not for a very, very serious reason. Like I posted, what if they had the wrong house completely?

Would the shooting be described by anyone as "justified" ???