THE BROWNS BOARD

Aaron Rodgers Agrees to New Massive Deal...

nickers

51 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Best to merge this thread into the 2022 FA (Non Browns moves) 

Seattle and Denver agree to terms on a massive trade for Russel Wilson. 

Another AFC contender emerges overnight now.

In a funny work week story, I'm sitting in a meeting and see on my Iphone watch "Russell Wilson coming to terms to be traded to the Bro-" before cutting off. I'm quietly shitting my pants forgetting the Broncos existed and excused myself only to be hugely let down.

• Haha 4

I had a feeling Russ wouldn’t be Hawk…kind of why I wanted to pursue a deal for him and didn’t think the idea of the hawks trading him as a crazy idea. 

Im shocked that Rodgers is back with GB…last offseason I thought burned that long term bridge. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

In a funny work week story, I'm sitting in a meeting and see on my Iphone watch "Russell Wilson coming to terms to be traded to the Bro-" before cutting off. I'm quietly shitting my pants forgetting the Broncos existed and excused myself only to be hugely let down.

Haha.  

I would have been amped up if he was a Brown.

we have a QB problem…the sooner the organization comes to terms with that the closer we may get to a Lombardi 

I wonder if there's still Browns' fans who exist who think Baker is better than Rogers?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sure there are one or two. 

Rodgers - proven commodity,  has NFL MVP AWARDS, Super Bowl ring.

Mayfield  - has that scary word " potential " around him. Got the  BROWNS  into the playoffs,  did beat Pittsburgh. 

Now you judge for yourself.   

Oh will the BROWNS be trading up to draft a quarterback April 28 ?  (seriously now at best they try to get a prospect QB in the Draft, I guess we'll see)

57 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I wonder if there's still Browns' fans who exist who think Baker is better than Rogers?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sure there are one or two. 

Rodgers - proven commodity,  has NFL MVP AWARDS, Super Bowl ring.

Mayfield  - has that scary word " potential " around him. Got the  BROWNS  into the playoffs,  did beat Pittsburgh. 

Now you judge for yourself.   

Oh will the BROWNS be trading up to draft a quarterback April 28 ?  (seriously now at best they try to get a prospect QB in the Draft, I guess we'll see)

There's no QB in this draft that screams... "Come get me"

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Vambo said:

My first impression was that Seattle got a super deal.......first impressions are generally the best ones.

Anyone else ?

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

My first impression was that Seattle got a super deal.......first impressions are generally the best ones.

Anyone else ?

Yeah I was thinking two 1s and a second, and maybe a good young player.

Fant is a very good young player.  Harris is a good player. Lock is a lottery ticket. 

1 hour ago, nickers said:

The wagon is securely hitched to Baker now.  Here we go…yeah!!!

Rodgers and Wilson were the “available” prize upgrades this offseason.  

Carr or Cousins don’t move the needle enough.

Everything else is a wash for 2022.

Lets see if we can win it all without a franchise QB 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

agree.. but, can we get them off the board before Pitts-puke gets on the clock 😚

1. Jaguars--- today just franchised tagged their LT
  2. Lions
  3. Texans
  4. Jets
  5. Giants
  6. Panthers----- QB?
  7. Giants (From Bears)
  8. Falcons----- Now has a major need at WR
  9. Seahawks (From Broncos, part of the Russell Wilson trade)------ QB?
  10. Jets (From Seahawks, part of the Jamaal Adams trade)
  11. Commanders----- QB? may they now jump ahead of the hawks? 
  12. Vikings
  13. Browns
  14. Ravens
  15. Eagles (From Dolphins)  draft capital to jump us for their choice of WR 
  16. Eagles (From Colts, part of the Carson Wentz trade)
  17. Chargers
  18. Saints------ QB?
  19. Eagles
  20. Steelers-----QB? RIDDER/Howell?

37 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Anyone else ?

My 1st impression was "wow that's a lot of picks to give up," & I smiled, hoping Denver fades into oblivion. Can't stand 'em.

2nd impression is Denver is the luckiest team in NFL history so they'll improve. 

Short term risk could pay off. I know Wilson had a finger injury & didn't play outstanding last season, missed some games. Only time will tell if it was a good gamble by Denver.

15 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

My 1st impression was "wow that's a lot of picks to give up," & I smiled, hoping Denver fades into oblivion. Can't stand 'em.

2nd impression is Denver is the luckiest team in NFL history so they'll improve. 

Short term risk could pay off. I know Wilson had a finger injury & didn't play outstanding last season, missed some games. Only time will tell if it was a good gamble by Denver.

He’s 34…he’s a well documented student of game and he’s actually performed well without offensive line and a running game.  

If he plays to his capabilities the next four years (reasonable view of things) Denver did well and they are a playoff team the next four years and a AFC Champ contender during this time. 

You don’t really have the luxury to covet draft picks if you don’t have the right QB especially when Malik Willis is potential choice…Drew Lock taught them something obviously.  

If I’m Denver my mild moan about this deal is losing a pretty darn good Russ target in Noah Fant. 

41 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The silver lining is that Pittsburgh didn't end up with either stud veteran QB that was *possibly* on the market for them to get. 

And this draft isn't a great one to find one either. 

I almost think Matty Ice makes sense for them...

Broncos have been looking for a QB for a long time.  The draft doesn't look great.  So, they went the Rams route.  Hey, ya need a good QB.  Especially if you play in the AFC.  

• Upvote 1

What we just saw with Russell Wilson is going to the norm until it doesn't work. To say it simply, the Broncos didn't give up anything in the long-term if Wilson wins them a Super Bowl. This plan of cashing all your chips in for QB objectively worked in LA, we'll see how it goes in Denver. If Wilson plays at his usual level, Denver is very much set up to be a serious contender.

If Wilson does do that (win the super bowl), it's going to change the landscape of the QB position for a very long time. 

33 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Wilson goes from having DK and Lockett to Sutton... 

See if Seattle will send us over DK...

I would love this... But what would it take to get him?

17 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

He’s 34…he’s a well documented student of game and he’s actually performed well without offensive line and a running game.  

Last season, I don't know about that. The numbers look good with 25 TDs & only 6 picks. 7 of the TDs came in the last 2 games.

DK Metcalf only had 976 yards for the season. Wilson started 14 games, so that seems odd to me. 

At this stage in his career, I think he's going to have ups & downs. His moon -ball bomb should be effective at Mile High. I may be proven wrong, I think this is a huge huge risk by Denver.

29 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

A rental is one maybe two years- is that what you think Russ is? 

Russ is on the downside of his career, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he plays a couple of more years and hangs it up.

I think it would also depend upon what type of success the Donks achieve.

Lets face it, the AFC west has a nice list of starting QB’s.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

So he's going commando !  Somehow that's always funny  a bit juvenile but funny. 

Now to the real world and the  MONOPOLY money they throw around,  great gig if you have the ability to land it.   Even kicker money isn't bad.

And the dough........

......Instead, they were able to get the Colts to accept their offer, and Wentz will now head to a former division rival in 2022. This means the Commanders will also pay the entire tab to acquire him: $28 million due in 2022 that includes a $5 million roster bonus when the league year opens on March 16. Should he remain in Washington beyond next season, the team will be on the hook for salaries of $20 million and $21 million, respectively, to the expiration of his contract following the 2024 season -- a contract put in place by the Eagles in 2019.......

Like a hotel on BOARDWALK  only for real.  $5M roster bonus what the heck is that anyway ?