THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns release Tretter

Unsympathetic

We paid our Guards now we can’t pay our Center.  We knew this was coming.

If Wills can live up to his draft status he should anchor this group and we will be okay. 

Don’t worry when we don’t have to pay Baker 30M-35M we will be back to keeping guys like Tretter 

I like Harris, especially in the second level along with his ability to read and execute assignments. Only concern is point of attack strength and size limitations in short yardage. Rats and Puke always seem to have bullish 3/4 NTs that cause size mismatches. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Deshaun Watson cap space?

Um, he my be cleared on the criminal end Woody, but there's still a ton of civil lawsuits he has to resolve.  If he's got the $$ to pay the ladies off, then no problem.  :)   However there's still the NFL Personal Conduct Policy besides.   

Plus, since the Browns didn't make a serious pitch for the much cheaper Mitch Trubisky- tells me we're not going to be in the market to spend $35 million on Watson.  

56 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Um, he my be cleared on the criminal end Woody, but there's still a ton of civil lawsuits he has to resolve.  If he's got the $$ to pay the ladies off, then no problem.  :)   However there's still the NFL Personal Conduct Policy besides.   

Plus, since the Browns didn't make a serious pitch for the much cheaper Mitch Trubisky- tells me we're not going to be in the market to spend $35 million on Watson.  

They're meeting with him today

We knew that Harris was drafted as Tretter's replacement.  Right?

And we know that teams don't really like having the Pres of the players union on their team.

That said, Tretter is a great guy, a great guy in the locker room and a really good player.  

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Dee Haslam questioning Watson and sending Jimmy out shopping ? 😇

edit---- talk me off the ledge... I don't like subtracting talented players... ---Juice...now Tretter 🤔 yikes!  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Saw that Woody..  That has me seriously concerned. We don't need another questionable morals guy on the team.  And a guy who's pouting his way out of Houston. Following up on what tia has been posting for months with those screen shots... Take this as a vote of no confidence in Baker. Wonder what the Texans are asking. I doubt it's less than what the Seahawks got for Wilson.  In that event.. no thanks.   

1 hour ago, Orion said:

We knew that Harris was drafted as Tretter's replacement.  Right?

And we know that teams don't really like having the Pres of the players union on their team.

That said, Tretter is a great guy, a great guy in the locker room and a really good player.  

Best Browns free agent signing since they came back in '99? 

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but struggling to think of someone who the Browns signed that was better than Tretter was.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Deshaun Watson cap space?

maybe ?  but i  know it has been talked about for awhile Landry being overpaid and that they think Nick is ready to start 

7 hours ago, Riffer X said:

I like Harris, especially in the second level along with his ability to read and execute assignments. Only concern is point of attack strength and size limitations in short yardage. Rats and Puke always seem to have bullish 3/4 NTs that cause size mismatches. 

We have similar takes on Harris but that strength and size thing is a biggie for me at the center position. Sometimes you just gotta be a wall and Harris ain’t the kinda wall l would hang a Picasso on. Maybe a Motley Crue poster. But not a framed Motley Crue poster. 

Does anyone really frame Motley Crue posters?

1 minute ago, Ibleedbrown said:

We have similar takes on Harris but that strength and size thing is a biggie for me at the center position. Sometimes you just gotta be a wall and Harris ain’t the kinda wall l would hang a Picasso on. Maybe a Motley Crue poster. But not a framed Motley Crue poster. 

You know who I could see framing a Motley Crue poster?

Members of Motley Crue. 

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You know who I could see framing a Motley Crue poster?

Members of Motley Crue. 

Well sure, but they still aren’t gonna hang them on Nick Harris.

I did see Vince Neil earlier this year. His drummer is a guy named Zoltan Chaney. The wildest and most entertaining drummer l’ve ever seen. Here’s a short youtube clip in some other language on the guy.

11 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I get it, but the argument can be made that being able to kick out and block several guys on one play in this offense is crucial. We don't always run ZBS schematically, but those slow developing designs where Chubb or Hunt (or DJ-Felton) look for the off-tackle cutback take time. One small contact on a backer or box safety on the backside can be the difference between a big gain or not. Tretter was a top 6 caliber center for years and a smart guy, so it may be a bit of a step back. I think we can do worse than Harris and have, but wouldn't be surprised if we draft one as well. Dunn also seems like a viable candidate to press Nick and/or be a swing man. Harris is also better than average in pass pro and communicates well, imo. Like I mentioned earlier, too many folks went by him getting thrust in at guard in 2020 when we had nobody left. He is a pure center all the way and I kind of like that.

As to your Crue take, now I am all confused. Definitely one of the staples of my youth and a band I still crank out a few times a year. Speaking of which, going to give Shout at the Devil a listen before my upcoming meeting. I can't stand Tommy Lee anymore though, way to woke for my britches. And are they the worst of the "used to be good" bands? Anything released by them post 80s was cringeworthy -- Mick ran out of riffs! The only other bands that compete with 'good to suck' is maybe Def Leppard and Aerosmith.