THE BROWNS BOARD

Well..that didn’t take long. Austin Hooper released.

Canton Dawg

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Note it's a post-6/1 designation which is much better for our cap than simply cutting him effective today.

Pre-6/1 is 11.25 dead/2M saved on 2022 cap. Post-6/1 is 3.75 dead / 9.5 saved on 2022 cap

Yep. This was a no doubter all along. Kudos to them not trying to keep it secret.

We gave Hooper all that money to never use him. The writing was on the wall with this release when they franchise tagged Njoku. They only held onto Hooper this long to see if Houston might want him in the Watson trade and it looks like Houston didn't want him. 

I think the purge is over. Our worst contracts - Landry gone, Hooper gone, Tretter gone, Conklin restructured. 

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

Dude was a super disappointment for me, but then again so has been Njoku. 

Big difference in price paid... set Hoop well above Njoku for me.

1 hour ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

I think the purge is over. Our worst contracts - Landry gone, Hooper gone, Tretter gone, Conklin restructured. 

Feels about right...

By far.. the worse deal Berry has put on paper..Hooper's worse performance was in the last game at Pittsburgh...he knew this was coming..  Good Luck HooP !