THE BROWNS BOARD

Schefter: Watson to Browns

Riffer X

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Couple of things Tom...

1) tia posted some stuff showing Bakers flaws were evident even before he was injured. The Browns saw what I like to call Andy Dalton syndrome in Baker. An average QB who can get you to the playoffs if everything around him is optimally perfect.  I'm forced to see the goings on in Bungle Land... Throw in a couple WRs, and a top 5 QB = Super Bowl. And FYI look out for the Queen City Kitties in 2022... They've totally rebuilt their glaring weakness- their O-line.  :( 

2) Yes, $230 million guaranteed sets a new bar Flugs.  But need I remind you it was just four short years ago Cousins' $80 million guaranteed was considered totally nuts?  Let me opine on something that may make it not quite as nuts as it sounds...  DirecTv isn't going to be able to re-up with the NFL after 2022 on the Sunday ticket package of $1 billion a year. Reports are Disney already has an offer of $2.5 BILLION on the table for the package, and some are speculating it could go a lot higher than that. If it goes as high as $5 billion+ my handy dandy calculator tells me (after the owners take their cut) that alone could add $100 million a year to each team's cap space.

3) We can say Baker is gonzo, but I'm not going to speculate what his damaged goods worth is to other teams in the NFL.

4) Yes, as I told Pat Mahomo in another thread "Image is Everything". And Watson's massage parlor antics don't project a good image for the league. But LOL Robert Kraft getting charged with soliciting prostitution didn't?  Seems old Roger was scared shitless to discipline a guy who helps write his checks.  :D

All that is fine and dandy; but I saw this team win 11 games and rathouse Pittsburgh 48-37 in the playoffs to see what is possible.  That already separates him from Andy Dalton.   One of our losses was a 47-42 loss on Thursday Night Football only because Baltimore got the ball last. Anyone call out the defense that night while the offense put 6 TDs (no FGs) on the board?  One of the best games of that year according to the announcers of it.  Anyone show film of Baker that night?  Of course not.  Whether you want to admit this or not, in the KC playoff game (at KC) - Baker hit Higgins with a pass that should have been the GW score late in the 4th qtr.  Guess who fumbled 3 inches in front of the goal line for a touchback?  Higgins.    We can pretend that never happened but a more talented WR secures that football or gets to the goal line quicker.  That TD would have put the Browns in the AFC Championship with the QB I keep reading just can't win.  You've seen him do it.  

Shifting gears to now.  I was thinking that giving Baker his final year of the contract, keeping our next 3 1st round picks and having an opportunity to draft one of these QBs (Pickett, Corral, Strong, Willis) at #13 overall wouldn't have us worrying about the length of a suspension.  Roger won't be afraid to make an example of Watson; because it sure looks like he's excited about doing his own investigation.  The last time he investigated what a dirt bag Daniel Snyder - the only person that got punished was Jon Gruden (from another organization).  Stay tuned?  We have no choice.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

First, I've never disrespected your opinions in here good or bad.  I already said to D Bone just a few posts up - I used bad judgment calling him Deshlong. EDIT: I've loved the Browns all my life; but at 58 years of age - there's not as many next years left if this goes bad.

Second, could it be some teams are so desperate for a starting QB that 1 team is now willing to give up multiple draft picks (inclusive of 3 1st round picks) and a guaranteed salary of 230 million $ for a guy that could have a lengthy suspension?    QB is an important enough position to make teams overpay and/or overcommit trade exchange for every year.  Anyway, the year before Baker was injured, he threw 26 TD passes to just 8 INTs in helping the Browns go 11-5 plus beating Pittsburgh 48-37 in the 1st round of the playoffs.  Some teams don't just research the worst season a guy has had and make it the rule. They're more thorough than that. 

No drugs required - Indy gave up a 1st round pick for Wentz last year.   Washington just gave up 2 second round picks for the same guy this year.  Why can't we get something like that for Baker?  Baker is not that different except Baker WON a playoff game he started in right?  

If you don't think a lot of people that have had a family member or close friend sexually assaulted (seeing Watson getting rewarded with a guaranteed 230 million $ contract) aren't going to be contacting the NFL Commish's Office - what kind of drugs are you taking?   Have you thought about how this team can compete in a division with that kind of guaranteed cap hit without 1st round picks in a division that sent 3 teams to the playoffs in 2020 and 2 teams in 2021 if the God complex of Roger suspends him for a long time?

I sorta allways get a little pissed about board members calling are players disparaging names One that pissed me off was gerbal peppers I have always backed are players (ya even johnny stupid face even tho i knew i was just bullshitting myself) and for baker there is seattle and carolina  seem to be in the market for a starting qb so maybe a 6th or 7th round pick or just  a flat out release (which would suck cause we would still be on the hook for some monnies )

Man, if the Browns only get a 6th or 7th round pick for our former starting QB of 3 years that was a #1 overall pick, then that would silence just about anyone in regards to his perceived football skill set. 

I do see us getting a much, much higher draft pick(s) than that.

48 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Man, if the Browns only get a 6th or 7th round pick for our former starting QB of 3 years that was a #1 overall pick, then that would silence just about anyone in regards to his perceived football skill set. 

but from who ? 

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

The musical chairs took another spin.  Atlanta took a third to get Matt Ryan and his contract out of Georgia.  so what's that put Baker's value at?  4th round if we're lucky?  

8 minutes ago, D Bone said:

There's still a few teams that are looking for a chair before the music stops. 

Baker's market is drying up faster than a jug of water in the middle of the Sahara Desert.  Saints... Resign Winston.  Colts are out of the market. Atlanta brings in Marotta.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The musical chairs took another spin.  Atlanta took a third to get Matt Ryan and his contract out of Georgia.  so what's that put Baker's value at?  4th round if we're lucky?  

Baker's market is drying up faster than a jug of water in the middle of the Sahara Desert.  Saints... Resign Winston.  Colts are out of the market. Atlanta brings in Marotta.   

Man, how far the dude has fallen is pretty astonishing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

All that is fine and dandy; but I saw this team win 11 games and rathouse Pittsburgh 48-37 in the playoffs to see what is possible.  That already separates him from Andy Dalton.   One of our losses was a 47-42 loss on Thursday Night Football only because Baltimore got the ball last. Anyone call out the defense that night while the offense put 6 TDs (no FGs) on the board?  One of the best games of that year according to the announcers of it.  Anyone show film of Baker that night?  Of course not.  Whether you want to admit this or not, in the KC playoff game (at KC) - Baker hit Higgins with a pass that should have been the GW score late in the 4th qtr.  Guess who fumbled 3 inches in front of the goal line for a touchback?  Higgins.    We can pretend that never happened but a more talented WR secures that football or gets to the goal line quicker.  That TD would have put the Browns in the AFC Championship with the QB I keep reading just can't win.  You've seen him do it.  

Shifting gears to now.  I was thinking that giving Baker his final year of the contract, keeping our next 3 1st round picks and having an opportunity to draft one of these QBs (Pickett, Corral, Strong, Willis) at #13 overall wouldn't have us worrying about the length of a suspension.  Roger won't be afraid to make an example of Watson; because it sure looks like he's excited about doing his own investigation.  The last time he investigated what a dirt bag Daniel Snyder - the only person that got punished was Jon Gruden (from another organization).  Stay tuned?  We have no choice.

Tom, You just LOVE too bring up the HIGH HIGHS of Baker's career, and want to totally ignore the LOW LOWS. The talking heads have him pegged as wildly inconsistent. I happen to agree.  If I wanted to waste more time than I'm willing to commit to this discussion, I'm sure I could easily drag up some totally suckful performances by Mayfield that cost the Browns games.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Tom, You just LOVE too bring up the HIGH HIGHS of Baker's career, and want to totally ignore the LOW LOWS. The talking heads have him pegged as wildly inconsistent. I happen to agree.  If I wanted to waste more time than I'm willing to commit to this discussion, I'm sure I could easily drag up some totally suckful performances by Mayfield that cost the Browns games.  

I mean….. are we arguing whether or not Baker was a good QB? Or that he was one of the best and most liked BROWNS QB since the return? The latter definitely does not mean he’s a great QB. Terrible passer rating. Terrible TD to INT ratio. Lost us way more games than he won. We were moving on from him if we could. 

It seems no one wants him. If you are a top half QB in this league, you’ll find a spot in less than 24 hours. 

Baker wasn’t a great QB. Deshaun is. Stay tuned

On 3/19/2022 at 4:35 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Maybe it's just me but surely we could have found an untainted QB with those 3 1st rounders in trade value. It's called move up for the best QB. Maybe not this year for I just don't see one that is a sure fire SB level QB. But surely within the next couple of years while we stack the rest of the chips onto the team to give him the best chance to succeed.

Too much baggage added to that makes it untenable. Throw in a key injury to said Mr. Watson and the Browns are once again head clowns of the donkey league.

1) surely? No. Way less than 50/50

2)we have the pieces for a QB to succeed. Had them with Mayfield. 
3) don’t you put that on us Ricky Bobby!

3 hours ago, Comeonman said:

I mean….. are we arguing whether or not Baker was a good QB? Or that he was one of the best and most liked BROWNS QB since the return? The latter definitely does not mean he’s a great QB. Terrible passer rating. Terrible TD to INT ratio. Lost us way more games than he won. We were moving on from him if we could. 
It seems no one wants him. If you are a top half QB in this league, you’ll find a spot in less than 24 hours. 
Baker wasn’t a great QB. Deshaun is. Stay tuned

I'll sort of leave Mr. Watson out of the conversation. BUT... Hey there Mr. Flugels... Baker's AMAZING career performances to date are overall SO spectacular that the Colts opted for Matt Ryan and a third round pick instead. And gosh darn, the Saints would rather have Famous Jamis. And when Ryan shipped up North to Indy, the Falcons opted for MAR-E-OTTA Instead. Notice a trend there?

Too bad, so sad. Beating the Steelers in a playoff game where Ben & company were (pun intended) Baking up turnovers at a prodigious rate, doesn't mean Jack shit to the rest of the NFL. We may have to go the Osweiler route, and give up the 7th round pick we got for Keenum just to have another team take Baker and his $18 million salary  off our hands. 

On 3/20/2022 at 3:04 PM, hoorta said:

As I posted elsewhere 'Peen- it was 2018 when the Vikings gave Cousins (at the time) what sounded like an insane contract with $80 million guaranteed.  BTW 38 year old Aaron Rodgers is getting $150 million guaranteed over three years to keep him happy in Green Bay, so on an annual basis, that's a tad more than what we're giving Watson.  

Guess that means the going rate for a top 10 NFL QB is now in the $40 million a year range.  Also means it's the reason why my 2022 Season Tickets are averaging $165 bucks each per game....   :(  

Yep...mine average, counting the pre season run $215 per seat, but I chose to sit in club seats, so that is my choice.  It is getting close to my limit, so I may end up seeking a seat location even if I have to downgrade my PSL level, if I can even make that downgrade. 

11 hours ago, ATOM said:

I sorta allways get a little pissed about board members calling are players disparaging names One that pissed me off was gerbal peppers I have always backed are players (ya even johnny stupid face even tho i knew i was just bullshitting myself) and for baker there is seattle and carolina  seem to be in the market for a starting qb so maybe a 6th or 7th round pick or just  a flat out release (which would suck cause we would still be on the hook for some monnies )

I hear ya!  Thanks for explaining where you were coming from.  The ill-advised name I used was my reaction to an owner that sentenced us to 1-31 football and watching how willing he was to throw 2 guys (that we're instrumental to giving this fanbase and football team a pulse again) in the trash.  He thought nothing of getting rid of Landry and Baker (regardless of how bad Baker played in 2021).  All of a sudden he pulls this "I think Deshaun Watson is the answer to all of our prayers - make it happen at all costs FO!"   Here's a guy that hasn't been able to play football for legal issues that the NFL Commissioner needs to investigate further for a suspension.  Public perception beyond the Browns' fans that just want to freakin win - is this looks really bad.  The Commish will be reminded of this before he decides on his length of suspension.  Then what?  Jacoby Brissett?  Keep in mind, the FO gave up 3 1st round picks and guaranteed that salary.

If this all goes wrong like it can - it ain't gonna be Baker Mayfield that's the horrible guy so many want him to be.  It's the same guy that got in trouble as an owner of a business before he came to Cleveland.

The 2020 season brought back a lot of fond memories of QBs I enjoyed in the 80s (Sipe and Kosar) that consistently overcame imperfections to deliver us some exciting football.  Baker in 2020 reminded me of them somewhat (in only his 3rd year as a starter before many here proclaimed his 2021 season the tell-all).  I wanted to see the last year of the contract that our FO agreed upon with Baker while we held a 13th overall pick that positioned us to draft a promising young replacement if Baker failed.  Today, it feels like we're awaiting how long Jacoby Brissett is our starting QB.  Hard to get pumped up about it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll sort of leave Mr. Watson out of the conversation. BUT... Hey there Mr. Flugels... Baker's AMAZING career performances to date are overall SO spectacular that the Colts opted for Matt Ryan and a third round pick instead. And gosh darn, the Saints would rather have Famous Jamis. And when Ryan shipped up North to Indy, the Falcons opted for MAR-E-OTTA Instead. Notice a trend there?

Too bad, so sad. Beating the Steelers in a playoff game where Ben & company were (pun intended) Baking up turnovers at a prodigious rate, doesn't mean Jack shit to the rest of the NFL. We may have to go the Osweiler route, and give up the 7th round pick we got for Keenum just to have another team take Baker and his $18 million salary  off our hands. 

Wonderful!  Welcome to Jacoby Brissett as your new starting QB with Brock Osweiler as an alternative.  I'm not nearly as excited as you are about that.  And now you're complaining to me about the Browns beating Pittsburgh 48-37 AT Pittsburgh  in the playoffs after an 11-5 season just 3 years after 0-16 football (and 1-15 the year before that)? Don't you have to understand where we were at to understand that was fun for us as fans again?

After seeing Indy's last choice of QB (Wentz) - I'd refrain from making them your role model for picking QB solutions today. We're beyond the point of arguing who and who doesn't want Baker.  It's over.  There was a better way to do this. Already explained it a few times in this thread..

EDIT: Just heard a replay of Adam Shefter's report saying teams aren't refraining from Baker for a perceived lack of talent - it's the 18 million $ salary the Browns guaranteed him in his contract for this year. The ESPN show hosts agreed that as soon as the Browns eat that guaranteed salary and cut him - teams like Seattle and/or Carolina probably won't hesitate to bring him in. 

Edited by Flugel
Updated Info
  • Thanks 1

It is amazing how such a large portion of the Browns fanbase waxes poetic about QBs who, in the grand scheme of the NFL and its history, are fairly pedestrian players.

It's going to be 2050 and I'll still be reading:

I'll never forget the night that Baker came off the bench in his first NFL game and unlocked the Bud Light Refrigerator by beating a franchise as historically shitty as the Browns have been since they came back in the league! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It is amazing how such a large portion of the Browns fanbase waxes poetic about QBs who, in the grand scheme of the NFL and its history, are fairly pedestrian players.

It's going to be 2050 and I'll still be reading:

I'll never forget the night that Baker came off the bench in his first NFL game and unlocked the Bud Light Refrigerator by beating a franchise as historically shitty as the Browns have been since they came back in the league! 

Good point!  

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

And you haven't clung to just the LOWS Larry?  I've agreed a million times his 2021 season was a massive disappointment Larry.  Just to make you happy - I'll do it again.  Baker sucked last year!  All this is behind us now except for the 18 million $ guaranteed salary preventing potential teams that should be interested from taking the risk on a guy we can't throw away fast enough.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

I hear ya!  Thanks for explaining where you were coming from.  The ill-advised name I used was my reaction to an owner that sentenced us to 1-31 football and watching how willing he was to throw 2 guys (that we're instrumental to giving this fanbase and football team a pulse again) in the trash.  He thought nothing of getting rid of Landry and Baker (regardless of how bad Baker played in 2021).  All of a sudden he pulls this "I think Deshaun Watson is the answer to all of our prayers - make it happen at all costs FO!"   Here's a guy that hasn't been able to play football for legal issues that the NFL Commissioner needs to investigate further for a suspension.  Public perception beyond the Browns' fans that just want to freakin win - is this looks really bad.  The Commish will be reminded of this before he decides on his length of suspension.  Then what?  Jacoby Brissett?  Keep in mind, the FO gave up 3 1st round picks and guaranteed that salary.

If this all goes wrong like it can - it ain't gonna be Baker Mayfield that's the horrible guy so many want him to be.  It's the same guy that got in trouble as an owner of a business before he came to Cleveland.

The 2020 season brought back a lot of fond memories of QBs I enjoyed in the 80s (Sipe and Kosar) that consistently overcame imperfections to deliver us some exciting football.  Baker in 2020 reminded me of them somewhat (in only his 3rd year as a starter before many here proclaimed his 2021 season the tell-all).  I wanted to see the last year of the contract that our FO agreed upon with Baker while we held a 13th overall pick that positioned us to draft a promising young replacement if Baker failed.  Today, it feels like we're awaiting how long Jacoby Brissett is our starting QB.  Hard to get pumped up about it. 

Well hey... I called Sendejo , The Pendejo...It was fun and it rhymed lol!

9 hours ago, Flugel said:

EDIT: Just heard a replay of Adam Shefter's report saying teams aren't refraining from Baker for a perceived lack of talent - it's the 18 million $ salary the Browns guaranteed him in his contract for this year. The ESPN show hosts agreed that as soon as the Browns eat that guaranteed salary and cut him - teams like Seattle and/or Carolina probably won't hesitate to bring him in. 

Carolina's problem (doing a little research) is they have Sam Darnold's $18 million albatross to deal with. Seattle has Drew Lock and Geno Smith. So from my POV, there's really no market for Baker unless the Browns give him away. If the report I saw from SI is true, and the Browns are also asking for a first round pick for Baker, dream on Berry. BTW, the Commanders had no problems picking up Wentz's $22 million, so I'm not buying what Schefter is selling.  

As to the Browns flat out cutting Mayfield, I'm all ears as to how the Browns can eat the $18 million dead cap hit. EDIT: Actually, looking at Spotrac, the Browns have somehow managed to free up $22 million in cap space. So in theory, they could eat Bakers contract. I saw another way would be to restructure Baker (if he's willing) and pay him say a (pick a number) a 2022 bonus of $8-10 million, that would cut his salary in half, making him a lot more attractive proposition to other teams.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Carolina's problem (doing a little research) is they have Sam Darnold's $18 million albatross to deal with. Seattle has Drew Lock and Geno Smith. So from my POV, there's really no market for Baker unless the Browns give him away. If the report I saw from SI is true, and the Browns are also asking for a first round pick for Baker, dream on Berry. BTW, the Commanders had no problems picking up Wentz's $22 million, so I'm not buying what Schefter is selling.  

As to the Browns flat out cutting Mayfield, I'm all ears as to how the Browns can eat the $18 million dead cap hit. EDIT: Actually, looking at Spotrac, the Browns have somehow managed to free up $22 million in cap space. So in theory, they could eat Bakers contract. I saw another way would be to restructure Baker (if he's willing) and pay him say a (pick a number) a 2022 bonus of $8-10 million, that would cut his salary in half, making him a lot more attractive proposition to other teams.  

I'm with you here believe it or not.   Washington did up Wentz before this whole thing took place anyway; and Daniel Snyder isn't the brightest apple in the orchard.  Most of the potential teams have already signed guys for less than the $18 million (ie; Matt Ryan).  I think Ryan is getting slightly less for 2 years.  Russell Wilson is elite like Watson so they're getting the mega cake.  Not sure what Trubisky got for 2 years; but that was done very early and the length of contract has me almost certain they're drafting someone in round 1.  who knows any more.  Apparently I don't...

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I'm with you here believe it or not.   Washington did up Wentz before this whole thing took place anyway; and Daniel Snyder isn't the brightest apple in the orchard.  Most of the potential teams have already signed guys for less than the $18 million (ie; Matt Ryan).  I think Ryan is getting slightly less for 2 years.  Russell Wilson is elite like Watson so they're getting the mega cake.  Not sure what Trubisky got for 2 years; but that was done very early and the length of contract has me almost certain they're drafting someone in round 1.  who knows any more.  Apparently I don't...

LOL, don't you ever read what our resident Steeler fan Vagitron posts?  Low risk, high reward- according to him.  :)   I have a Spotrac widget on my home screen, so piece of cake looking Mitch up. Two years, $14 million, $5 million signing bonus.  Other than his signing bonus, his 2022 salary is damn near vet minimum.  

BTW, the Internet chatter is Baker really wanted to go to Indy. Telling that the Colts went with with Matty Ice instead. I have to wonder if besides the guaranteed money, teams are concerned about the status of Baker's non-throwing shoulder.  

The problem with getting a good pick really isn't Baker as much as the team has no leverage.  Today I see Seattle is going to go with Drew Lock on a 1.8 mil contract.

Teams know the Browns want to get rid of Baker. Several teams have settled their QB position. Between low demand and no team leverage, it is similar to a home owner who has to sell with just a few buyers.  It's a buyers market for Baker.  

At this point I think we might be willing to take a 5th rounder and us pay a large portion of his money.  That or we will just sit on him and hope someone gets injured.  Maybe we keep him inactive for the season and pay him.

1 minute ago, ballpeen said:

The problem with getting a good pick really isn't Baker as much as the team has no leverage.  Today I see Seattle is going to go with Drew Lock on a 1.8 mil contract.

Teams know the Browns want to get rid of Baker. Several teams have settled their QB position. Between low demand and no team leverage, it is similar to a home owner who has to sell with just a few buyers.  It's a buyers market for Baker.  

The Eagles were in the same position with Carson Wentz last year, and got nice compensation for him from the Colts. 

I didn't mention all the things working against us.  Wentz checks a lot of the boxes Baker doesn't.  Baker had recent shoulder surgery.  Baker seems to be a high maintenance player.  He is in the option year of his rookie contract that pays 19 million.  It is going to be a tough sell.

I hope I am wrong.

18 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I didn't mention all the things working against us.  Wentz checks a lot of the boxes Baker doesn't.  Baker had recent shoulder surgery.  Baker seems to be a high maintenance player.  He is in the option year of his rookie contract that pays 19 million.  It is going to be a tough sell.

I hope I am wrong.

I've heard a theory that the NFL in general is super duper pissed at the Browns for the contract that they gave to Watson, and the reason no one is going after Baker is that everyone kind of wants to stick it to the Browns and make them eat Baker's contract. 

I mean, in some ways, it seems far-fetched, but on the other hand... 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've heard a theory that the NFL in general is super duper pissed at the Browns for the contract that they gave to Watson, and the reason no one is going after Baker is that everyone kind of wants to stick it to the Browns and make them eat Baker's contract. 

Well the league owes the Browns for all of the free Ws over the last two decades.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Eagles were in the same position with Carson Wentz last year, and got nice compensation for him from the Colts. 

But Wentz didn't have a bum shoulder that needed off season surgery.  and he's certainly a high character guy.  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The only team that should be legitimately pissed off at the Browns is dem dere Baltimore Ratbirds.  Shoulda signed Lamar Jackson to a long term deal before  the Browns reset the compensation level for QBs.  I bet Lamar's agent is creaming his pants over the extra $50 million or so he's going to get now.  :)   

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

But Wentz didn't have a bum shoulder that needed off season surgery.  and he's certainly a high character guy.   

1. That is true, but Wentz had already developed the reputation as being injury-prone and it appeared his brain was broken the last year he played in Philadelphia. I remember the game he played in Cleveland, and that Brandon Weeden-like pick six he chucked. 

2. Touche. 

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The only team that should be legitimately pissed off at the Browns is dem dere Baltimore Ratbirds.  Shoulda signed Lamar Jackson to a long term deal before  the Browns reset the compensation level for QBs.  I bet Lamar's agent is creaming his pants over the extra $50 million or so he's going to get now.  :)   

The last thing anyone in the NFL wanted to have happen is for fully guaranteed contracts. 

While every pro league does this, the NFL has been able to continue to not for 40 years after MLB instituted free agency. 

Then the Browns go and do this.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

The last thing anyone in the NFL wanted to have happen is for fully guaranteed contracts. 

While every pro league does this, the NFL has been able to continue to not for 40 years after MLB instituted free agency. 

Then the Browns go and do this.

at one point it was un heard of when cousins got all that guaranteed money then came mahomes contract that was some crazy shit and now this Fuck it  A new normal as i said before ?  yup i think so 

• Upvote 1