THE BROWNS BOARD

Schefter: Watson to Browns

Riffer X

25 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Correct...KC had better wide recievers...but not a betterline or runnignbacks or defense.

Very true. KC's wr's are the difference.

We also so Baker just be terribly inaccurate...He is leading the league in interceptions for a reason

Baker was dismal, granted. But he was hurt. He got hurt on a play where Schwartz, a rookie, made a mistake, ending in an interception.

With obj, a legit field stretcher, it gave Landry etc their chances to get open. Without obj, nope. Teams moved close to the los, and played vs the run and a lot of man to man coverage. And, Landry is not known for getting open vs man to man, and of course HIggins is not, either. That leaves Peoples-Jones- a raw but outstanding talent.

I was disgusted early on, when they allowed Baker to play hurt. That was really stupid in a couple of ways. Something is wrong in "Denmark" there - just makes zero sense, especially after the first few tries.

Again, Dieken knows football - and he was lamenting the fact that wr's were NOT getting open - it was an offensive debacle every pass play.

Baker Mayfield breaks rookie passing TD record

Baker Mayfield breaks rookie passing TD record. Link icon Copied! Baker Mayfield is alone atop at least one page of the NFL record book. With three passing scores in Sunday's 26-24 loss to the ...

Baker Mayfield sets rookie record for TD passes

Baker Mayfield has set the NFL's record for touchdown passes by a rookie. The No. 1 overall pick lived up to the billing by Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson in their debut seasons. Mayfield set the record with his third TD pass in the Week 17 finale against the Baltimore Ravens.

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I'll stop you there about Schwartz.

If you're referring to that deep dig he was running against the Texans 2 high shell - Baker sailed that ball on him.  Just like he did a play before checking into a 7 and throwing to a non-existent receiver.  And the play before that spraying the ball into zone coverage to Njoku without moving the LB.

The Baker thread is only a page back and my screengrabs with route breakdowns are available for all to see.  You can't just say "Schwartz made a mistake" and then expect it to hold up around me. 

33 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'll stop you there about Schwartz.

If you're referring to that deep dig he was running against the Texans 2 high shell - Baker sailed that ball on him.  Just like he did a play before checking into a 7 and throwing to a non-existent receiver.  And the play before that spraying the ball into zone coverage to Njoku without moving the LB.

The Baker thread is only a page back and my screengrabs with route breakdowns are available for all to see.  You can't just say "Schwartz made a mistake" and then expect it to hold up around me. 

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/09/19/baker-mayfield-injured-ugly-interception/

"The Browns were able to score after that thanks to a muffed punt but then the defense gave up seven quick points as well. Looking to go back ahead, Mayfield was throwing it down the field for rookie Anthony Schwartz, who appeared to stop on the route. "

(comments section)

"19 September, 2021

"Credit Schwartz with that INT. This is a two weeks in a row he has quit on a route. Last week he cost us an easy TD before the half and this week an INT and thankfully not a serious injury to Baker on that play when tackling the defender."

The rookie wideout failed to finish running a route, which led to a Justin Reid interception and an injury to quarterback Baker Mayfield's non-throwing shoulder after the QB had to tackle Reid.

4 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Baker wasn't allowed to play hurt...he FORCED it. Remember Baker going to the press basically saying only HE can make that decision. He bet on himself in a contract year and lost

Baker is the only one who says he is able to play. the hc says whether or not he will.

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

Baker is the only one who says he is able to play. the hc says whether or not he will.

Nope...that wasn't the dynamic with your guy. He ran to the press and said only he makes that decision. If your the no.1 pick, medical staff cleared you and you coming off a playoff win and you do that...wtf is Stefanski supposed to do? He put himself infront of the team...and they both lost because of it

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I think you’re forgetting the helmet to helmet hit on Higgins late in the game at the goal line.

The ball went out of bounds in the end zone, which was a turnover.

I forgot about this one (being brought up multiple times) and I haven't read anyone correct it. 

It wasn't late in the game, it was late in the FIRST HALF. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

@hish747  any new legal procedures next or opinions on the added claims?

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/08/deshaun-watson-browns-civil-suspension-timeline/

Seen nothing as of a NFL statement ?

I'm not an Attorney but worked for a criminal defense attorney for 7 years out of law school.

These moves look like shots in the dark to make sure they are financially compensated by adding these additions and inlongating the process

The league maynot suspend him until year 2...which Watson and his representation was trying to avoid for multiple reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...