THE BROWNS BOARD

Coolest QB who wore #12.

SkippinTurtles

9 hours ago, Browns149 said:

If this was the MOST overrated Qb to wear 12. Then you have a winner

Yep, he only did one thing right. Became the first AFL QB to guarantee and produce a SB win over the NFL.

Now if Watson can make and keep that same guarantee of a SB win for the Browns, all hell breaks loose as the ice freezes over.🌬️

10 hours ago, Browns149 said:

If this was the MOST overrated Qb to wear 12. Then you have a winner

The question was coolest not necessarily the best and Broadway Joe was cool.

Too bad his knees were shot when he was still at Alabama he did have talent .  Overrated stat-wise like Lynn Swann was overrated to get in the HOF probably there are a lot of really good quarterbacks out there some not in the HOF. 

Namath was most famous for being the quarterback who broke that Lombardi "NFL is supreme" over that other league and did it in SB III.  I believed that the NFL was supremel to the  AFL but hey I was only 14,  many others thought so too.

Namath knew that the JETS were better than the NFL Baltimore team and said so.....which became the famous  guarantee  which he and the team backed up.  THAT guaranteed his cool status for sure.

Remember too the Colts shutout our beloved BROWNS to get to SB III,  the rest is NFL history. 

My coolest quarterback ever Joe "Mr. Cool" Montana of course 

images.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep, he only did one thing right. Became the first AFL QB to guarantee and produce a SB win over the NFL.

Now if Watson can make and keep that same guarantee of a SB win for the Browns, all hell breaks loose as the ice freezes over.🌬️

That’s ALL he did. He had 1 great year and 1 good year in an otherwise lackluster career

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

My favorite quarterback who never wore orange and brown. Joe Namath.

WSS

Mine too... Saw him outside Cleveland Muni once when I was a little kid... And if anyone thinks Namath was garbage... Let me tell ya... The guy had a gun for an arm and was deadly accurate.. Hes knees were shot pretty early on... But he was basically Dan Marino before there was Dan Marino...

From NFL.com.......

......Think about Staubach, Bradshaw, Namath, and the G.O.A.T. himself. They all share two digits so common among the game's best passers -- No. 12. Sixteen Super Bowls have been won by quarterbacks wearing that number. Simply picking it out of a jersey pile should trigger a classic NFL Films score. There may not even be a TB12 Method without the 12......

17 minutes ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Madden was the Father, Stabler was the Son and Jack Tatum was the Holy Ghost.  Bo Jackson couldn't hit the curve.

Neither could Michael Jordan and he did try at it.  Besides necessary speed and basic athletic skills the professional curve ball is what separates  the  AAA and AA guys and the bigs.

Now I have to get myself ready for the Cleveland Gardenias  or is it Guardians especially in this money grabbing delay of the game. 

GO TRIBE !  We can still say that right ?  No ?

• Haha 1

Namath still the coolest QB of all time.

Then Montana.

Then probably Favre.

You gotta have that " don't give a fuck what you think " quality.

Brady, for one, cares what you think. Nothing wrong with that. He's the best QB of all time. But not the coolest.

Zombo

-- Honorable Mention to Lenny Dawson

len-dawson-cig-super-bowl-01192014.jpg

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Neither could Michael Jordan and he did try at it.  Besides necessary speed and basic athletic skills the professional curve ball is what separates  the  AAA and AA guys and the bigs.

Now I have to get myself ready for the Cleveland Gardenias  or is it Guardians especially in this money grabbing delay of the game. 

GO TRIBE !  We can still say that right ?  No ?

Baseball.. The sport that passes time until football starts in September.  Cleveland Geraniums... Gerberas.... Gladiolus...Bridge Statues...  yawn... Dolan, you're a wimp GOOBER for changing the name.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Baseball.. The sport that passes time until football starts in September.  Cleveland Geraniums... Gerberas.... Gladiolus...Bridge Statues...  yawn... Dolan, you're a wimp GOOBER for changing the name.  

Baseball was cool when you had Rickey Henderson and guys stealing 100 bases a year.  Metrics ended that.  Shame.  Guardians is garbage.  Guard my balls.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Baseball was cool when you had Rickey Henderson and guys stealing 100 bases a year.  Metrics ended that.  Shame.  Guardians is garbage.  Guard my balls.

And don't forget our Cleveland INDIANS All Star Kenny Lofton back in the power years.  

They brought the TRIBE back from the Major League days to the contenders year after year. 

And not to drift off ot the cool #12 how about Robbie Alomar or Francisco Lindor ?

Now back to football. 

On 3/23/2022 at 9:33 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Wore 2 but.....

Biggest Johnny Manziel Controversies   <--- Mr. No Class !!

Mr. No Class shows why !

A stack of bills with the $1 on top,  probably going to  " make it rain "  somewhere.   Wasted 1st round draft pick in the BROWNS era of bad draft picks ........ you bet it was !

Moving right along from JFF hopefully for a long while. 

14 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And don't forget our Cleveland INDIANS All Star Kenny Lofton back in the power years.  

They brought the TRIBE back from the Major League days to the contenders year after year. 

And not to drift off ot the cool #12 how about Robbie Alomar or Francisco Lindor ?

Now back to football. 

Kenny Lofton was awesome.  True leadoff hitter.  No power, caught balls at the wall and could grab a bag.