THE BROWNS BOARD

Are you better off today than a year ago?

Vambo

1 minute ago, cccjwh said:

Why don't you try to be less of an entitled spoiled child. That is my point. Thanks for asking.

So in what way would you suggest I amend my behavior? And number two why would being self-sufficient or striving for it be a problem for you?

And what are your team doing make life better for anybody?

WSS 

ps you're  welcome. 

46 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So in what way would you suggest I amend my behavior? And number two why would being self-sufficient or striving for it be a problem for you?

And what are your team doing make life better for anybody?

WSS 

ps you're  welcome. 

Pretty sure I already covered it. I don't have a team, I'm not part of a cult. 

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Why don't you try to be less of an entitled spoiled child. That is my point. Thanks for asking.

You subscribe to the political party of men that throw a fucking toddler temper tantrum if the rest of the world doesn't humor their delusion that they're actually a woman because, feelings, and you're going to go with that? 

I mean you never had any credibility but if you did that would have killed it and shot it's ashes out of a cannon. 

I am, yes. 

But I don't credit that to Biden. Or Trump. 

The impacts a president has on the economy are overstated. And at the very least, they take a lot longer to take affect than some would have you believe. A lot of the negative things we're seeing, and will continue to see, are reverberations from the pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I am, yes. 

But I don't credit that to Biden. Or Trump. 

The impacts a president has on the economy are overstated. And at the very least, they take a lot longer to take affect than some would have you believe. A lot of the negative things we're seeing, and will continue to see, are reverberations from the pandemic.

I wouldn't say its not quite as overstated is it might be. Still it's not completely unlike musical chairs. But doling out credit or blame for the economy is as old as politics itself. And there are certainly things a presidential Administration can do put the kibosh on growth.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I wouldn't say its not quite as overstated is it might be. Still it's not completely unlike musical chairs. But doling out credit or blame for the economy is as old as politics itself. And there are certainly things a presidential Administration can do put the kibosh on growth.

WSS

Just because something has always happened doesn't make it correct 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Just because something has always happened doesn't make it correct 

Cripes Woody who appoints the chairman of the Fed? What do you think happened during the Carter Administration under Paul Volcker? What l do you think happens when you start printing billions and billions of dollars? What happens when you raise or lower cap gains at corporate taxes? Or raise or lower the interest rate even slightly?

that's just a few. Sure the pandemic had a hand in it but it's because some people decided that the best way to fight the virus was to strangle the economy. (I think they had ulterior motives that's another discussion.) Do you think a weak foreign policy has something to do with the price of a barrel of oil which has a huge effect are the US economy?

so yes the President has a substantial effect on the economy.

WSS

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

A21F9920-63B2-4FAC-98C2-1885E9924D0F.jpeg

And you believe that?

Nothing in that meme caused anything in your brain to go "hmm, maybe I should double check this?"

I'll just dust this off....

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.aau4586

"Conservatives were more likely to share articles from fake news domains, which in 2016 were largely pro-Trump in orientation, than liberals or moderates. We also find a strong age effect, which persists after controlling for partisanship and ideology: On average, users over 65 shared nearly seven times as many articles from fake news domains as the youngest age group."

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And you believe that?

Nothing in that meme caused anything in your brain to go "hmm, maybe I should double check this?"

I'll just dust this off....

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.aau4586

"Conservatives were more likely to share articles from fake news domains, which in 2016 were largely pro-Trump in orientation, than liberals or moderates. We also find a strong age effect, which persists after controlling for partisanship and ideology: On average, users over 65 shared nearly seven times as many articles from fake news domains as the youngest age group."

Buyer's remorse2022-03-26_045959.png.a6df2dadd85df8ae7d8a2bf9595ba155.png

9 hours ago, cccjwh said:

I did take a glance at the apologist sites. They did NOT  say the FED wasn't printing a lot of money, which it certainly iS; it says so in the articles. It said that it wasn't to the level of the hyperinflation of some third world countries.

WSS 

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

To answer the question of the original post, YES

how so? just curious.....

"because I don't have to read mean tweets that I never read anyways" ?

51 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Really? Well, good for you. You're either super rich or super poor because if you're in any part of the middle class you couldn't possibly be better off. 

I’m not either of those things. And I am better off. Not having any debt helps. Life is a lot easier and happier not owing anyone anything

52 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Really? Well, good for you. You're either super rich or super poor because if you're in any part of the middle class you couldn't possibly be better off. 

Well consider that one year ago was March 2021. March 2020 was probably the low point because of the overreaction to the pandemic. 2021 was still pretty bad but things have gotten somewhat better since then. Of course a good bit of Lost investment income did come back but at a discounted rate because of inflation. So there's that.

WSS

24 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

man, buy a bunch of groceries and it's glaring. Goin to get worse

Not to mention gas, insurance, building materials or essentially ANYTHING.

If you think that you are doing better than a year ago you are delusional.

• Thanks 1