THE BROWNS BOARD

Is time travel possible?

In our wedding photo of my wife, myself and our families you can clearly see right up front is our almost 9 year old daughter.

Well kinda anyway. She's actually my almost 9 year old sister who was used to make a carbon copy lookalike at that same age some 16 years later.

Put their pictures at that age side by side and you would swear they are identical twins.

2 hours ago, syd said:

dont listen to ATOM he is full of shit

I was just getting used to ATOM now back to syd,  this is the perfect thread for you two.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Maybe if you travel to Sagittarius A* star you could time travel (or just be another squashed bug inside that great superblack hole in the middle of the Milky Way keeping us all in our respective places. This is quite interesting for those who love Cosmology. 

https://www.space.com/milky-way-black-hole-mysteries-reinhard-genzel-interview?utm_source=SmartBrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=58E4DE65-C57F-4CD3-9A5A-609994E2C5A9&utm_content=711AE179-64BC-48EC-A62D-B0C120E607A9&utm_term=107a3947-ebcf-4e6b-b8b3-c4f96ebaa37a

An image of the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way, a behemoth dubbed Sagittarius A*, revealed by the Event Horizon Telescope on May 12, 2022.

An image of the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way, a behemoth dubbed Sagittarius A*, revealed by the Event Horizon Telescope on May 12, 2022. (Image credit: Event Horizon Telescope collaboration)
  • Like 1

Time travel isn't easy.  But if you travel out to our black hole, as close to the speed of light as your technology will allow...then fly around the black hole (a very heavy object - time slows around heavy objects) as fast as you can....then fly back to earth at those speeds....you will arrive to earth in the future, compared to the amount of time that you and your body experienced on the journey....because time was traveling slower for you.     How much time in the future you return depends on how close to the speed of light that you traveled at, the mass of the black hole, and how long you spent there doing donuts (Dunkin') around the black hole.

The general thinking is that you cannot go backwards in time (the whole grandfather paradox thingy).  Although...if you believe in the many worlds multiverse...where the universe splits at just about every decision you make, then going back in time to a different branch could be allowed since it won't matter what you do in that universe because it doesn't affect the universe branch that you left.

So, basically, the short answer is No.     (we can't send you anywhere fast enough to make a noticeable difference...and good luck figuring out how to hop universes)   

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 10:59 PM, Axe said:

I'm jealous. As a newly retired fella, I wake up every morning not knowing or caring what day it is.. That's kinda the same thing right? 🤣😉

And I wake up every day knowing it's Saturday. So I guess I time travel backwards in time every night. Or maybe I too am just retired. BTW why to they call it retired anyway? Seems like I was just tired until I stopped working. Now I can just nap and not be "re"tired or tired..😴😁

In theory... Yes... It has been suggested that the Universe it self may a hologram.. And that there are multi-verses playing out history where scenarios end with a different outcome... Which makes the idea of a Matrix plausible.. I find this shit fascinating as all hell

• 5 weeks later...