THE BROWNS BOARD

Dwayne Haskins killed in car accident

FP7Mos9XMAEhgBC.jpg.e7642c5e2727068b01dd088147ae8bc3.jpg   Classy move by the Penguins 

Heartbreaking 💔...  According to Florida Highway Patrol, Lt. Indiana Miranda said “an open traffic homicide investigation.”

Haskins was attempting to cross the westbound lanes of Interstate 595 on foot when he was hit by a dump truck. He was pronounced dead at the scene.  🙏 

2 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Sad and a bit shocking. Why the hell would he be attempting to cross the interstate on foot? 

That is suicidal...  One of my friends even brought up that possibility as a motive?   Well, if it was a dump truck.. I doubt that driver was under the influence... Pending further details. 

FWIW, in my bike rides, there was a spot trying to get down to the Ohio River...  that involved crossing a 4 lane highway.....  nope, not going to try it....  

In a way, a reversal of the Stallworth deal when some guy thought it a good idea to run across a highway to catch a bus.

I am not casting shadow over anything, just wondering how you go about getting hit by a dump truck unless you just didn't look and started out across the road?  I think most people know that vehicles on an interstate are going fast. It's not like sauntering out in to the street in front of your house.  But, it happens.  I just don't get it.

May he rest in peace and peace to his family.

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

That is suicidal...  One of my friends even brought up that possibility as a motive?   Well, if it was a dump truck.. I doubt that driver was under the influence... Pending further details. 

FWIW, in my bike rides, there was a spot trying to get down to the Ohio River...  that involved crossing a 4 lane highway.....  nope, not going to try it....  

There's a spot up here in Massillon (Route 21) that because of construction on the Tow Path would require bike riders to cross the four lane highway, and that's a hard no from me. In fact, there's signs telling bike riders to go another way and to not attempt it. 

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

In a way, a reversal of the Stallworth deal when some guy thought it a good idea to run across a highway to catch a bus.

I am not casting shadow over anything, just wondering how you go about getting hit by a dump truck unless you just didn't look and started out across the road?  I think most people know that vehicles on an interstate are going fast. It's not like sauntering out in to the street in front of your house.  But, it happens.  I just don't get it.

May he rest in peace and peace to his family.

A number of things could of happened, a perfect storm so to speak. Like I said, I read somewhere (A steelers forum I think) that he ran out of gas. So him walking down the highway fits that. And maybe he didn't look before crossing combined with maybe the dump truck driver was distracted (texting maybe) who knows? It's still a tragedy and he's still dead. I hope his family gets some closure.