THE BROWNS BOARD

No NYC Subway racist shooter thread ?

Gorka

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Your caveat disproved that statement.

If the solution is not effective then it's not a solution. You are looking for a solution to the problem of mass shootings. Certainly there are things oh, Draconian things, that could be done but would not be effective nor reasonable nor popular but unless they eliminate mass shootings; they are not Solutions.

Example might be in trigonometry class there is one of those twenty line problems on the Blackboard. The answer is XX XX. You go through your calculations and come with XX0X and while that may be somewhat close it's not the solution

WSS

You must be in the mood for some ridiculousness. Fair enough. The caveat didn’t disprove anything. A solution can be perfectly effective for resolving a problem, and just because it creates or exacerbates another problem doesn’t mean it was less effective at tackling the original problem, it just means it created another problem in the process. Whether or not that newly created problem is more or less acceptable as an overall outcome when balanced with the resolution of of the first problem, well that’s where the debate comes in to play.

If your dick kept falling off most of the time and there was a medication that made it stop falling off most of the time, but it had a side effect that made your dick smell like Gorgonzola cheese, is this newly created problem of having a stinky cheese dick acceptable to you in lieu of having your dick keep falling off most of the time? Debatable, right? The medication is damn good at keeping your dick in place with a noticeable and quantifiable rate, so that problem is no less solved because your dick smells like stinky cheese.

Some guys may like having a stinky cheese dick. It reminds them of a wonderful trip they had to Spain. Some guys may not mind that their dick keeps falling off. It’s more comfortable on long car rides to just chuck it in the glove box. It can really blur the lines between problem and solution, so it’s nice that we can have these deep and ridiculous conversations to really gain perspective on such things. 

24 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

You must be in the mood for some ridiculousness. Fair enough. The caveat didn’t disprove anything. A solution can be perfectly effective for resolving a problem, and just because it creates or exacerbates another problem doesn’t mean it was less effective at tackling the original problem, it just means it created another problem in the process. Whether or not that newly created problem is more or less acceptable as an overall outcome when balanced with the resolution of of the first problem, well that’s where the debate comes in to play.

If your dick kept falling off most of the time and there was a medication that made it stop falling off most of the time, but it had a side effect that made your dick smell like Gorgonzola cheese, is this newly created problem of having a stinky cheese dick acceptable to you in lieu of having your dick keep falling off most of the time? Debatable, right? The medication is damn good at keeping your dick in place with a noticeable and quantifiable rate, so that problem is no less solved because your dick smells like stinky cheese.

Some guys may like having a stinky cheese dick. It reminds them of a wonderful trip they had to Spain. Some guys may not mind that their dick keeps falling off. It’s more comfortable on long car rides to just chuck it in the glove box. It can really blur the lines between problem and solution, so it’s nice that we can have these deep and ridiculous conversations to really gain perspective on such things. 

Whatever. I say a solution by its very definition solves a problem. If you think it means cutting down on the problem a tiny bit then fine. But if you do there's no point discussing it. And I'll give you an example. Since almost all violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders then the death penalty or at least life in prison for the first violent offense would be a solution.

But if you want to argue the definition of solution we are truly wasting our time.

WSS

15 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Whatever. I say a solution by its very definition solves a problem. If you think it means cutting down on the problem a tiny bit then fine. But if you do there's no point discussing it. And I'll give you an example. Since almost all violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders life in prison for the first violent offense would be a solution.

But if you want to argue the definition of solution we are truly wasting our time.

WSS

I didn’t wanna argue any of that, lol. I thought you were trying to generate some amusement and l was just playing along. I’m not too far off the mark with a quick google search. 

a means of solving a problem or dealing with a difficult situation.
"there are no easy solutions to financial and marital problems"
    a liquid mixture in which the minor component (the solute) is uniformly distributed within the major component (the solvent).
    "a solution of ammonia in water"

just fighting windmills. makes the lefties FEEL good about themselves.

but reality bites. so they just keep fighting windmills like they are easily slain dragons.

4 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:
I didn’t wanna argue any of that, lol. I thought you were trying to generate some amusement and l was just playing along. I’m not too far off the mark with a quick google search. 

a liquid mixture in which the minor component (the solute) is uniformly distributed within the major component (the solvent).

Actually I think that definition is just about exactly what I said. A solution is something that solves a problem.

But let's use your semantics. here's a solution; prayer. Or in the absence of faith, wish really really hard.

WSS

• Upvote 1

The Problems of Utopia - Social Utopias, Past and Present

Utopian thinkers wanted to be able to create a society in which all races, classes and genders came together and lived harmoniously. Unfortunately, as we have seen all too often during our class research, bringing all of these different people together, with completely different backgrounds, initiated the breakdown of the society.

21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually I think that definition is just about exactly what I said. A solution is something that solves a problem.

But let's use your semantics. here's a solution; prayer. Or in the absence of faith, wish really really hard.

WSS

I thought we were done there but ok, more ridiculousness. 

Prayer, sure. Or baking. Skee ball? Maybe a little light gardening?

Or maybe something more reasonably effective. People have had ideas before. Background checks, waiting periods, mental health questionnaires, etc. Just looking to see if our best and brightest have any such suggestions. 

spitting into the wind just makes certain people look like they are really not smart.

"fighting windmills"......

yep.

Innocent men, women and children were/are being tortured, raped, murderd - russian troops committing genocide...

and these turkeys won't say one word about it all.

Maybe eventually they will realize their vote opened the doors to it happening.

They voted for American distress, global distress, horrific war crimes...etc etc.... because they felt good about

being social media darlings.

Now, they quibble about nonsense arguments.

22 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The Problems of Utopia - Social Utopias, Past and Present

Utopian thinkers wanted to be able to create a society in which all races, classes and genders came together and lived harmoniously. Unfortunately, as we have seen all too often during our class research, bringing all of these different people together, with completely different backgrounds, initiated the breakdown of the society.

You haven’t turned into a ninny on me have you Cal? You used to be capable of giving a straight answer. I still appreciate you man. 

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I thought we were done there but ok, more ridiculousness. 

Prayer, sure. Or baking. Skee ball? Maybe a little light gardening?

Or maybe something more reasonably effective. People have had ideas before. Background checks, waiting periods, mental health questionnaires, etc. Just looking to see if our best and brightest have any such suggestions. 

Well then, problem solved. Next up? World Peace.

WSS

and woodpecker and ibb did it again - diverted the op into a stupid question designed to get responses they can

bitch about.

bitch, bitch, bitch.

it never ends.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

@Ibleedbrown  good luck

if something doesn't completely solve every aspect of an issue then it clearly isn't even worth the effort...

That was clearly a collective freak flag flying event right there. Solution and solution and trigonometry and Gorgonzola and fighting windmills, oh my. Happy to be a part of it.

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

and woodpecker and ibb did it again - diverted the op into a stupid question designed to get responses they can

bitch about.

bitch, bitch, bitch.

it never ends.

It was an honest question and l had no intention of giving you a hard time about whatever response you gave, but if you’re too big of a ninny to give an honest reply, then just carry on with your windmills and feelings rants.

5 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

You did very well being ridiculous except that Steve's take was anything but.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Yo mama.

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The trick in finding a "solution" to a problem is not to create new ones.

The left/demonrats have a history of "solving problems"  which resulted in created new ones. That's a fact jack.

55 minutes ago, Gorka said:

You did very well being ridiculous except that Steve's was anything but.

Captain ridiculous to the rescue. I did my part. I kinda figured the joke was on me so l did my best for everybody’s amusement. I try to be a good sport. 

A step back from that, l thought it was ridiculous to scrutinize the definition of “solution” so intensely. You can disagree. We will agree to disagree then. 

People have used the word to sort the gun violence problem before as well as other problems in life. It’s not a word strictly used for trigonometry. Here’s an example. No l have not read it.

https://www.everytown.org/solutions/

If it helps, think of it like l’m asking for opinions or ideas on how to reduce gun violence, if you have any. You may not, and that’s ok. I don’t either, which is why l ask.

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

If it helps, think of it like l’m asking for opinions or ideas on how to reduce gun violence, if you have any. You may not, and that’s ok. I don’t either, which is why l ask.

Get democrats out of office...

Melugin investigates the effects of LA district attorney's 'criminal friendly' policies

On 4/14/2022 at 11:34 PM, MLD Woody said:

Good thing states exist within vacuums from each other

Look man, I just don't have the energy to go through this whole song and dance. And I know you're an intelligent guy, its not like going through this with the rest of the people here. But this is just one of those issues where it is crazy to me we refuse to do really anything as a country. Call it big gun lobbying, culture, whatever... but after every shooting both sides will say their piece and nothing will happen. Maybe we're creeping forward towards actual change, idk. 

Just like healthcare to me. Looking at other developed countries that seem to avoid issues like this and then looking at America being to stubborn, stupid, whatever to do anything. 

With more support among younger generations maybe we'll make some progress. Who knows. And no, I don't have the answer for what exactly needs done, but I think it is clear, to me at least, that something needs to happen. With this, healthcare, etc...

And likewise, legal restrictions don't exist in a vacuum.

The last time this topic came up, you dodged my questions. I bring up a fair argument this time, and you refuse to engage. So let me ask you again. How do you propose enforcement of a law that transitions guns or magazines that tens of millions of people in the country legally own into something that is now illegal? You have hammered on background checks and more restrictions on who can and cannot buy a firearm. New York City has all of that and more. However, the crux of the issue, which you are unwilling to engage on, is that THERE ARE HALF A BILLION GUNS IN THE COUNTRY, NEARLY TWO FOR EVERY CITIZEN. Every time the gun control lobby has a freakout, that number goes up!  There are practical and cultural barriers that the gun control lobby is going to have to overcome to accomplish their goals, and if you can come up with a way to make the country safer without going full Hitler, then I'm all ears. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Vambo said:

Thank you Vambo. Can you expound upon this? Simply changing who is in office will have no bearing on existing gun laws. What action(s) do you expect the non-democrats to take to resolve, or improve upon, the gun violence situation.

2 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

The last time this topic came up, you dodged my questions. I bring up a fair argument this time, and you refuse to engage. So let me ask you again. How do you propose enforcement of a law that transitions guns or magazines that tens of millions of people in the country legally own into something that is now illegal? You have hammered on background checks and more restrictions on who can and cannot buy a firearm. New York City has all of that and more. However, the crux of the issue, which you are unwilling to engage on, is that THERE ARE HALF A BILLION GUNS IN THE COUNTRY, NEARLY TWO FOR EVERY CITIZEN. Every time the gun control lobby has a freakout, that number goes up!  There are practical and cultural barriers that the gun control lobby is going to have to overcome to accomplish their goals, and if you can come up with a way to make the country safer without going full Hitler, then I'm all ears. 

While not directed at me l may have an answer, and that’s simply some form of grandfather clauses for preexisting guns/magazines. Treat it similar to how ivory was handled with one set of rules governing how it can be bought and sold from the 1970s to 2016, then another set of rules after that. It’s still allowed to be owned, but how it changes hands gets regulated.

There may be a precedent for this already. Didn’t some states make it illegal to own bump stock after an incident a few years ago? How did they handle preexisting pieces?

For the record l’m just trying to answer your hypothetical question and not advocating for anything here. 

2 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Woodys recourse is what it always is... to go complain on the football forum about what nut jobs everyone over here is.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Thank you Vambo. Can you expound upon this? Simply changing who is in office will have no bearing on existing gun laws. What action(s) do you expect the non-democrats to take to resolve, or improve upon, the gun violence situation.

Perhaps his point was to show that the absurdity of these "criminal friendly" policies, proves that no demonrat should be in a position to make or change gun laws.

To your third sentence. Are you now implying that there are no solutions? 

Take a stand would ya?

Just now, calfoxwc said:

so, the problem is, making some new law when there are plenty of laws already that are not enforced.

Like in NYC, which has some of the most stringent gun laws in the country, the op talks about what happened.

Even in a country that does ban all guns, criminals will have guns.

Good people do not need to have trouble getting guns. period. Making some guns illegal is just a happy leftwing liberal's attempt to eventually get all guns banned.

Handing down family heirloom guns to kids and grandkids - is a treasure to most Americans.

We already have background checks. The left is it's own worst enemy.

Like - anyone who has a serious mental illness should never be allowed to own a gun. I agree.

Anymore who has been convicted of anger - road rage/demestic violence - should  never be allowed to own a gun.

Then, the left thinks that supporting America First is some kind of obviously fake "mental illness". Thinking that there are biological only TWO GENDERS, would also be "labeled" a fake political "mental illness".

Then, taking kids out of the public school sytem, disagreeing with CRT school boards - the same thing.

Then, they can apply the "can't have a gun" law to just about anyone.

Big democrack cities are not enforcing laws. They let violent criminals (especially if they are black) right back out onto the streets.

It's not easy to have more gun laws than NYC has already.

Having discussions on how the left can pass laws to undermine our permanent 2nd Amendment - just makes control freak liberals happy.

It does not work. It can't be labeled a legit attempted solution to any problem - it's just a

sassy liberal attempted control tweak aimed at Real Americans who live with the God given RIGHTS in our Constution/Bill of Rights.

At every? aspect of American constructive society - the left fights against it.

Education of kids. 1st Amendment. 2nd Amendment. Safe borders. Property ownership. Patriotism. Our Grand Old Flag.

Names of sports teams. Our national security - the discipline and effectiveness of our Military, defense spending, valid legit fair elections......science - gender, God, Christian schools, charter schools, everything they can think off.

The desperate neurotic liberal subculture is inspired by social media to act out.

People chaining themselves to gates over mmgw hysteria. the women who tried to glue herself to an NBA? basketball floor over "animal rights"......wanting to slash SUV tires over "mmgw" hysteria. Defiantly claiming to be one of 48?? fake genders based on twisted emotions. How they FEEL is their own fake reality. Nothing else matters.

As the twisted liberal world turns - they channel Don Quixote - and "believe" that they have to destroy dragon windmills.

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

There are enough gun laws already you need the people in place to enforce them, get rid of no cash bail and get rid of Soros paid for prosecutors that don't lock up criminals.  They also need to quit letting criminals out of prison just to keep the population low.

California is releasing 76K inmates early, including violent felons

https://ktla.com/news/california/california-will-release-76k-inmates-early-including-violent-felons/

No-cash bail law a bust, NY voters demand changes

https://nypost.com/2022/03/28/no-cash-bail-law-a-bust-ny-voters-demand-changes-poll/

States with the Strictest Gun Laws

California is the state with the strictest gun laws, and it also has the seventh-lowest rate of deaths by gun violence. In addition to regulation on who can purchase a gun and what kinds of firearms may be legally obtained, California gun laws allow for funding to community programs that have reduced gun-related violence. Other states with strict gun laws include Illinois, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts. Some of these states require background checks and a waiting period before someone is allowed to purchase a gun; some require that they undergo training first.

States with the Least Strict Gun Laws

The states with the most lenient gun laws are New Hampshire, South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Texas, Montana, West Virginia, Alabama, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alaska, Kansas, South Dakota, Arizona, Kentucky, Missouri, Idaho, Wyoming, and Mississippi. Many states are trying to enact legislation to promote gun safety, as gun violence continues to be a leading cause of death throughout the country.

New York City crime wave continues into 2022 as city rolls out safety plan

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/05/us/new-york-city-crime-wave-2022/index.html

The city recorded a 41% increase in overall major crime through the first months of 2022 compared to the same period last year, including a nearly 54% increase in robberies, a 56% increase in grand larceny incidents and a 22% increase in rape reports, the data shows.

New Crime Stats Revealed: Homicides in Los Angeles Soared in 2021

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/new-crime-stats-revealed-homicides-in-los-angeles-soared-in-2021/

• Thanks 2