THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland BROWNS Rookie WR David Bell signs his 4 year $4.9M contact.

mjp28

Well  WR David Bell signed not bad for a rookie dictated by the CBA.  Work hard and wait until your can get your first real contract down the road.  

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns and rookie wide receiver David Bell have reached an agreement on Bell’s four-year, $4,894,904 rookie contract. A league source confirmed the agreement for cleveland.com.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported the deal, citing Bell’s agent, Brandon Parker.

Rookie contracts are dictated by the league’s collective bargaining agreement and are a standard four years for players selected after the first round.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• mjp28 changed the title to Cleveland BROWNS Rookie WR David Bell signs his 4 year $4.9M contact.
11 minutes ago, Orion said:

Good.  With the roster as it is, we kinda' need him to hit the ground running and be a reliable target in year 1.  

Thoughts on the super-massive's images?

the black hole Sagittarius A*

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

What role are we seeing for him? Landry's modest-speed/separation, sure-handed?

Not quite-as-strong Michael Thomas. 

That classic boundary X, but with the feet and hip sink to play all over the formation.  Kid really has the look of another mid round gem, who just wasn't the speed merchant so GMs tend to overlook him.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Thoughts on the super-massive's images?

I set it as my office desktop at work yesterday.  :)    

I haven't gone down the rabbit holes on it yet......so....right now I'm a little confused.   The one they released a couple of years ago in M87 had a bright region and the rest not as bright.  And the reason given was that the brighter area was where the material was moving towards us and the less bright areas were of the material not heading towards us.  The material is spiraling around it like water in a bath tub.   But the picture of Sagittarius A star has multiple bright areas with less bright in between.  -  Perhaps some of it is just more dense with material that's superheated compared to other areas.  Cool pic though.  

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I set it as my office desktop at work yesterday.  :)    

I haven't gone down the rabbit holes on it yet......so....right now I'm a little confused.   The one they released a couple of years ago in M87 had a bright region and the rest not as bright.  And the reason given was that the brighter area was where the material was moving towards us and the less bright areas were of the material not heading towards us.  The material is spiraling around it like water in a bath tub.   But the picture of Sagittarius A star has multiple bright areas with less bright in between.  -  Perhaps some of it is just more dense with material that's superheated compared to other areas.  Cool pic though.  

I won't comment on Black Holes, other than there's convincing evidence that a super massive (millions of stars worth) one resides in the center of our Galaxy. But I will comment if it's clear your way- starting at about 10:30 PM EDT until around 2AM (mid eclipse around midnight) there's a total eclipse of the Moon Sunday night stretching into early Monday morning, if you're into that sort of thing.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I won't comment on Black Holes, other than there's convincing evidence that a super massive (millions of stars worth) one resides in the center of our Galaxy. But I will comment if it's clear your way- starting at about 10:30 PM EDT until around 2AM (mid eclipse around midnight) there's a total eclipse of the Moon Sunday night stretching into early Monday morning, if you're into that sort of thing.  

I posted an article confirming it's existence over in the Barber Shop.

• Upvote 1

Does this pick remind anyone else of the Robiski pick?  Not a real fast receiver but more NFL ready.  And then last year we went with Schwartz who was the fast guy but less NFL ready.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Does this pick remind anyone else of the Robiski pick?  Not a real fast receiver but more NFL ready.  And then last year we went with Schwartz who was the fast guy but less NFL ready.

I surely hope he's better than Brian Robiskie. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 9:44 PM, hoorta said:

I'm real interested in what the new James Webb Telescope will yield

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Orion said:

I've put no work into this type of questioning🤓 🤣

But, Sticking with the 3rd round WR draft theme..

Bell has the looks & tude of Steve Smith sr. (pick#89).. and than it stops there...

While watching Bell's game-tape/(pick #99) this former foe came to mind.. and hoping he has the same career as pick #92 in 1998

download.jpg.049df6948afbbf6c2eea609d49afb623.jpg

Yeah, I said it... He'll fight & get open, for a ball like Hines Ward 2.0  :ph34r: now you can..( Boooooooooo me! )

15 hours ago, Orion said:

I don’t remember Robiski getting behind coverage like Bell did at Purdue and I don’t recall Robiski getting separation at any level college or Pro.  

It was brought up by me and others on here last year at this time.  Schwartz was not ready for a full NFL route tree yet at times the Browns seemingly called on him to do things he’s still Very green and ill equipped to do. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

I don’t remember Robiski getting behind coverage like Bell did at Purdue and I don’t recall Robiski getting separation at any level college or Pro.  

Agreed... Robiske was a project who really was a gamble... Not really bad but not really great...... He was just meager in an 'ok' sort of way... Maybe I'm being too nice...

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

Agreed... Robiske was a project who really was a gamble... Not really bad but not really great...... He was just meager in an 'ok' sort of way... Maybe I'm being too nice...

I’d say he had some polish in his game.  He ran very good routes at OSU and he had very good hands.  But If you can’t separate though you better be able to pluck the ball out of the air with coverage on you.  

• Upvote 1

I read somewhere where Watson is inviting a bunch of the offense to work out with him in the Bahamas.  (He's just gonna love Christmas in Cleveland)

It would be a good thing to start getting everybody acquainted asap.  Throw the ball around, start to get familiar with everyone's speed, quickness, moves, etc.  (and afterwards, everybody gets laid) 

56 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Speaking of targets. 😁

Dr. Becky is fun to watch.  - I'm still amazed how that incredibly complex contraption got up there and unfolded itself perfectly.  Can't wait for it to start doing observations.

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

Dr. Becky is fun to watch.  - I'm still amazed how that incredibly complex contraption got up there and unfolded itself perfectly.  Can't wait for it to start doing observations.

Yep, she sounds a little kooky, but you don't get to be an astrophysicist at Oxford by being just another dummy. Wrote up her doctorate paper in 2 months. Unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

Alright you Space junkies...;)

Rookie mini Camp.. boots on the grounds.. https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/cleveland-browns-rookie-minicamp-recap-187561816/

We sign a UDFA DB Junior Faulk on Friday... Than choose to Waive him by Monday..https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/browns-waive-junior-faulk-187624555/  I put some Shawn Jolly game-film on last night... Appie St. nickle position looks were rare to find.. but he will watch a QB's eyes👀 than attack a 🏈

I needed this... https://www.si.com/nfl/talkoffame/nfl/nerds-on-rise-in-nfl-but-will-it-work

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I put some Shawn Jolly game-film

Love his name.  This was on nfl com.  I'm pulling for Weston to be good.

• QB Felix Harper, Alcorn State
  • WR Mike Harley Jr., Miami
  • WR Travell Harris, Washington State
  • WR Isaiah Weston, Northern Iowa
  • TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden, Florida Atlantic
  • OT Ben Petrula, Boston College
  • C Brock Hoffman, Virginia Tech
  • DT Glen Logan, LSU
  • DT Roderick Perry II, Illinois
  • LB Silas Kelly, Coastal Carolina
  • CB Junior Faulk, Delta State
  • CB Shaun Jolly, Appalachian State
  • S D'Anthony Bell, West Florida

so...it's curious. If our wr's room was so fine for Baker....

why the dramatic shakeup?

answer: the wr's were NOT GETTING OPEN? like Doug Dieken said?

I went to the store a few days ago, true story - got our of the car, and an old guy was sitting there in the passenger seat next to me. Was wearing a Browns cap with the Brownie on the front. He seemed to be about 90. Whoever drove was in the store.

I said, "How about those browns, eh" and shook my head. That started a conversation - he said all his years, since before Jim Brown came to the Browns, he's been a browns fan. Through stupid drafts....mike junkin, winslow etc, and really stupid trades, like trading away Paul Warfield to Miami, etc. but he literally said "and NOW ....they give up all that *guaranteed history making giant money contract, and THREE *&%^*&^ first round draft picks? For WHAT? A PERVERT?

the haslams should sell the team. It was bad enough they fired Paul Brown. and when they let bellichek can Bernie Kosar.... but this really is the last straw. Oh, I might watch them here and there, but NOT if they let that pervert play."

so we both made a few jokes about it, and I had to go.

The 2022 draft class at the

Rookie Premiere in Los Angeles.

FTTBez-XoAE5h6r.jpg.adc7bf7c492f31476e2782db966a9864.jpg <^^<and the Browns 3rd rd. pick, #18 WR David Bell 🔔 get's the invite

not my camera angle 🧐... but Hutch^^ looks to be the 'grown as$ man dwarfing' on some of these dudes