THE BROWNS BOARD

American's Opinion on Ukraine

Axe

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

I'm not exactly a WWII junky, but I do love history.

Sad thing that few are aware of is that Ukraine throughout it's history has been under constant attack from all sides. The Russians, Turks, Poles. Stalin starved to death millions. Amazing that Ukraine exists.

This gave rise Cossacks, or Kozaks who were a badass bunch...with those shaved heads leaving only "pony tails". They were wearing baggy pants and break dancing long before MC Hammer, didn't rap though lol.

The late great Yul Brenner played the part of Taras Bulba, the leader of the Ukrainian Cossacks. The that movie setting was during the war with the Polocks I believe.

taras.jpg

That is very true, it is in the middle of a lot of strife over the centuries. 

I have one friend who is big time into the Cossacks and the dance and customs, in fact he can get very fired up about it. 

My grandfather,  grandmother,  oldest aunt were from the Ukraine and finally escaped the starvation and lack of any opportunity. 

My one cousin visits relatives there often speaks the language and takes her kids with her.

Other of my 15 cousins know a lot more about everything than I do personally.   This war just happened to put the Ukraine on the front page.  🇺🇦

35 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Well, they are neighbors of Ukraine.  We are not.  Do you think all of the aid is only military equipment?  Bullshit.  Nimbly attitude my ass.  France kicked in 1.7 billion.  How many tens of billions have we?  How about Germany?  The netherlands?  Finland?  Italy?  Etc.?

Not nearly enough against the huge Russian war machine.

Remember the Ukrainians almost by themselves are doing the fighting and dying against this onslaught.   And they are winning,  so far.

If they just rolled over Putin would put the USSR back together one country at a time, a return to the post WWII Iron Curtain.   Bad news.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Not nearly enough against the huge Russian war machine.

Remember the Ukrainians almost by themselves are doing the fighting and dying against this onslaught.   And they are winning,  so far.

If they just rolled over Putin would put the USSR back together one country at a time, a return to the post WWII Iron Curtain.   Bad news.

Let Europe handle them.  I've been stationed in Europe during the Cold war.  And we did most of the defense of Europe.  We need to defend our southern border against the shit coming into our country daily while demented shit Joe and Kamal Toe do nothing.

5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Let Europe handle them.  I've been stationed in Europe during the Cold war.  And we did most of the defense of Europe.  We need to defend our southern border against the shit coming into our country daily while demented shit Joe and Kamal Toe do nothing.

but we can do both. I believe china is going to act out about next year. this all could have been prevented.....