THE BROWNS BOARD

Kory Sheets Cut!

DumAssWhiteGuy

Link

They also cut Bear Pascoe, a very nice blocking TE. Not sure what happened there.

I hear that Heiden is on the bubble. He just can't get 100% healthy and I think that scares them down the road this season. So, Pascoe isn't that far fetched of a look.

BUNK

You know... its real easy to verify this all on your own. He gave you his source. Profootballtalk.com

Its a sight that is extremely easy to navigate and find where he lists the 20 players the 49ers cut. Additionally, PFT gives you a link that verifies this news.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/artic...7c-3f5f14a95725

So rather than saying bunk when someone gives you a source, try a little research on your own.

Ok..I am salivating over the list of names that have been cut from other teams. Sheets is definitely at the top of my list though. After the preseason he had I never thought that SF would cut him. Dump Ratliff and bring in Chase Daniel as a project. The Bears cut hood, and we definitely need a CB. The list goes on and on, but good God, claim Sheets now! This is Lewis's last year here, so don't pass on future talent.

I hear that Heiden is on the bubble. He just can't get 100% healthy and I think that scares them down the road this season. So, Pascoe isn't that far fetched of a look.

I had not heard that Heiden is on the bubble. I love the way he plays, but injuries are a problem for him. I agree that Pascoe could be a good fit for that role (blocking TE). I wish we had a Dustin Keller/Greg Olsen type to be a pass receiving TE though. Royal is not great in that role and Rucker was somewhat invisible in training camp (although I still have high hopes for him). Guess it just means our RBs will have to catch more passes out of the backfield.

To the one raving about Kory Sheets on here he has just been released by San Fran according to PFT.

Like I said in a previous thread, the talk of that camp has been Glen Coffee. He looked phenomenal in the one game I caught on the NFL channel. He was averaging about 10 yards a carry in that one. There's some saying he's outplaying Gore. Although if that's from the same people that said Sheets was tearing it up - proceed with caution.

Our RB depth could use a boost and I'm guessing there will be 1 or 2 victims of a crowded talent elsewhere that might be able to offer us help and upside.

- Tom F.

Ytown I usually agree with about 99% of the time but I can't imagine them having an issue with Heiden. He's extremely valuable and Mangie loves him. People forget that he is also the backup long snapper and a damn good one, that's a valuable commodity to have.

Even if he's still not totally healthy they have two decent TE's in Royal and Rucker.

Ytown I usually agree with about 99% of the time but I can't imagine them having an issue with Heiden. He's extremely valuable and Mangie loves him. People forget that he is also the backup long snapper and a damn good one, that's a valuable commodity to have.

Even if he's still not totally healthy they have two decent TE's in Royal and Rucker.

Don't get me wrong, I love Heiden but he didn't have a real good camp and doesn't seem to be all the way back. He's playing but you have to have concern about him holding up throughout the season. I'm not a very big Royal fan and think the offense suffers with him over Heiden.

I hope Heiden proves he has enough left in the tank for a full year. for that reason I think they add Walker or another TE to the practice squad. Word I heard was that Heiden almost landed on the PUP. Mangini loves TEs in his offense and I just can't think he would go in with Heiden a little hobbled and just Royal and Rucker. Rucker has been playing more H-back then TE lately. But, maybe Heiden's health was a little overblown. Like most things coming out of Berea, too much is read between the lines because of such a tight ship being run.

Guest Aloysius

Well, that's what happens when your college coach only has bad things to say about you:

Sheets ran the third-fastest time at the combine (4.39), yet he went undrafted. His agent told him that the Purdue "coaching staff screwed you." Obviously, Sheets did not leave Purdue on the best of terms. He said former Purdue coach Joe Tiller gave him "no help" throughout the process with NFL teams.

But Sheets said he's learned from it and he holds no grudges.

The problems stemmed from the aftermath of Purdue's loss to Northwestern when Sheets criticized the offensive game plan, as well as the play of QB Curtis Painter. He was then banned from speaking to the media, and he went undrafted.

Archived