THE BROWNS BOARD

Tyrell Sutton Cut!

bigred

Sutton is not a Harrison clone. Guys were saying that back before the draft and it's not true. Sutton runs hard and powerful for a guy his size and is more of a true I back in the NFL, although he can really get after it in the passing game.

It's a no brainer to grab him and stash him on the PS. They cut Herron and Jennings, but I would think long and hard about maybe keeping both Sutton and Jennings on the PS. They are thin as hell so if they keep Lewis, Davis and Harrison it would be nice to have two guys waiting in case injuries hit. That way they would both be comfortable with the system.

Sutton is a flat out football player, it would be foolish not to go after him. I like Jennings so far also, but I wasn't a Herron fan. Sutton needed an injury to somebody to make it in Green Bay, they are stacked with proven backs.

Sutton is not a Harrison clone. Guys were saying that back before the draft and it's not true. Sutton runs hard and powerful for a guy his size and is more of a true I back in the NFL, although he can really get after it in the passing game.

It's a no brainer to grab him and stash him on the PS. They cut Herron and Jennings, but I would think long and hard about maybe keeping both Sutton and Jennings on the PS. They are thin as hell so if they keep Lewis, Davis and Harrison it would be nice to have two guys waiting in case injuries hit. That way they would both be comfortable with the system.

Sutton is a flat out football player, it would be foolish not to go after him. I like Jennings so far also, but I wasn't a Herron fan. Sutton needed an injury to somebody to make it in Green Bay, they are stacked with proven backs.

The Tits just cut RB Quinton Ganther and former starting MLBer Ryan Fowler. Ganther got alot of preseason praise in our local paper throughout the preseason. His numbers weren't wonderful but 31 carries for 106 yards prolly stacks up against Lewis' preseason numbers without the extensive wear and tear on the ankles.

Tenn has Chris Johnson, LenDale White, Javon Ringer as their 1-2-3. Henry made the team as the #4 guy and returns to his familiar role on STs. That doesn't mean Ganther couldn't make other rosters less loaded at the position. And now Kory Sheets is available as well - primarily because SF had Gore, Coffee, and Robinson ahead of him. Robinson masters many trades there including the emergency QB duty.

- Tom F.

The Tits just cut RB Quinton Ganther and former starting MLBer Ryan Fowler. Ganther got alot of preseason praise in our local paper throughout the preseason. His numbers weren't wonderful but 31 carries for 106 yards prolly stacks up against Lewis' preseason numbers without the extensive wear and tear on the ankles.

Tenn has Chris Johnson, LenDale White, Javon Ringer as their 1-2-3. Henry made the team as the #4 guy and returns to his familiar role on STs. That doesn't mean Ganther couldn't make other rosters less loaded at the position. And now Kory Sheets is available as well - primarily because SF had Gore, Coffee, and Robinson ahead of him. Robinson masters many trades there including the emergency QB duty.

- Tom F.

Guest Aloysius
Panthers claimed RB Tyrell Sutton off waivers from Green Bay.

The move may indicate concern about Jonathan Stewart's ongoing Achilles' soreness. Stewart is questionable for Week 1. Sutton was productive in the Packers' preseason, but won't unseat explosive rookie Mike Goodson for the No. 3 tailback job anytime soon. He's simply insurance in Carolina.

via here.

Archived