THE BROWNS BOARD

Deshaun Watson vs. Baker Mayfield

lodilobo

This is not a post to compare stats. Watson obviously holds the edge in that area. I wasn't thrilled about Mayfield being our #1 draft choice in 2018....the guy I wanted is playing in Buffalo. He reminded me a lot of Vinnie Testeverde, who was also an inaccurate passer until he was coached properly. But....call me crazy, but there has been no point in time, that I have ever wished that Watson was the Browns' qb. I've always felt that he was one of the league's most over rated qb's. Now, you have the moron owner of the team, who has more money than brains, giving this guy $230 million...guaranteed, no less...to play here. It's a ridiculous joke even without all the sexual misconduct accusations, to give up 3 first round draft picks for Watson. Mayfield surprised me when he got on the field. He has a stronger arm than most of the top qb's, and early on, was very accurate. With the injury and lack of confidence that was obvious last season, he struggled. Haslam has proven, once again, that the Cleveland Browns are by far, the most dysfunctional professional sports team on the planet. This latest fiasco is not going to end well. I can only dream that with all this crap, that somehow Haslam comes to his senses and sells the team. I've been a fan sine the early '60's, and remember this franchise being one of the most winning and respected. I know we are all supposed to hate Art Modell, but....I wish we had an owner like him, now. I really have no loyalty to Mayfield...I certainly was disappointed with him as much as anybody, last season. But...I would much rather be going into this season with a healthy Baker, than this crap that we're dealing with now.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

I just think that kids wearing the jersey of so many qb's, in most stadiums, qb's generally being the face of the team...

does anyone want kids wearing the jersey of watson?

just sickening that the Browns have done this trade. Surely they knew? that they were going to alienate so many fans...which means they do not care about the fans - the haslams just want the nfl $$$$.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I just think that kids wearing the jersey of so many qb's, in most stadiums, qb's generally being the face of the team...

does anyone want kids wearing the jersey of watson?

just sickening that the Browns have done this trade. Surely they knew? that they were going to alienate so many fans...which means they do not care about the fans - the haslams just want the nfl $$$$.

I'm still wondering who is going to start at QB for the Sold Souls...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, lodilobo said:

This is not a post to compare stats. Watson obviously holds the edge in that area. I wasn't thrilled about Mayfield being our #1 draft choice in 2018....the guy I wanted is playing in Buffalo. He reminded me a lot of Vinnie Testeverde, who was also an inaccurate passer until he was coached properly. But....call me crazy, but there has been no point in time, that I have ever wished that Watson was the Browns' qb. I've always felt that he was one of the league's most over rated qb's. Now, you have the moron owner of the team, who has more money than brains, giving this guy $230 million...guaranteed, no less...to play here. It's a ridiculous joke even without all the sexual misconduct accusations, to give up 3 first round draft picks for Watson. Mayfield surprised me when he got on the field. He has a stronger arm than most of the top qb's, and early on, was very accurate. With the injury and lack of confidence that was obvious last season, he struggled. Haslam has proven, once again, that the Cleveland Browns are by far, the most dysfunctional professional sports team on the planet. This latest fiasco is not going to end well. I can only dream that with all this crap, that somehow Haslam comes to his senses and sells the team. I've been a fan sine the early '60's, and remember this franchise being one of the most winning and respected. I know we are all supposed to hate Art Modell, but....I wish we had an owner like him, now. I really have no loyalty to Mayfield...I certainly was disappointed with him as much as anybody, last season. But...I would much rather be going into this season with a healthy Baker, than this crap that we're dealing with now.

Vinny was hot garbage... Puhleeze... Josh Allen is 10x's better... Vinny couldn't read defenses to save his soul.. And because he is color blind.. Often threw to the wrong colored jersey...

• Upvote 1

Sorry....unintentional interruption. As I was saying....Josh Allen, like Testeverde, looked great throwing the ball and had a nice looking deep ball. They were both inaccurate, and threw interceptions. Say what you want about Testeverde....that's your opinion. The argument has been made by others that he should be in the HOF.

48 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

Vinnie was terrible when he came into the NFL. Once Parsons and Bellichik got him, he turned things around. Yes...he was not very bright. Josh 

Yeah because they shortened the field for Vinnie and wouldn't let him hit anything down the middle and routed everything to the perimeter for him..... Also... The biggest knock on Vinny was he was a poor student of the game... the biggest knock by his own coaches was he did not take well to doing film study in college.. He was more interested in bangin chicks than studying film...... But He was a a good lookin kid... so there's that..

• Haha 1