THE BROWNS BOARD

Well, I can cross Morphine off My Bucket List

Axe

a very serious lower back surgery..ouch!

@AxeGood luck man ! and when did you get this done?

when I came out of back surgery in January....(high as fuk 🙃) I hated the morphine given also.. I can tell ya.. I had better luck with a hydrocodone..and find a stool softener

Opioids equals (serious) constipation...

and don't try to push or pull a thing.. take it slow...I almost wanted to cry, trying to twist a new 2 liter cap off..🤣 lol 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Thurs night was the surgery.  I was up and walking on my own yesterday. Thurs nite was tough, I'll admit that..

Hang in there and stay with the rehab exercises and all of that fun stuff.

Long ago I had a fracture/dislocation of my C6-C7 and had it fused with cadaver bones and wired together.....sounds gross but  I don't even think about it now.  About two years ago I found out that I have bulging C3-C4-C5 disc's but for now we are not going to address it, fine with me right now.

Over the years I've had a lot of rehab most all since 2015.  I just try to stay in shape,  eat right in fact I'm in pretty good shape a shade less than I weighed in high school over 54 years ago  no kidding.  The pain mess can be tricky but my wife's a retired nurse and takes care of those details. 

I also have a bad left shoulder,  psyatic left hip, arthritis everywhere  and the pain can be bad.  I even go to a pain management office to deal with those meds.....what a hassle but MDs don't handle that now.

Hang in there and eat well.  Bon Appétit  !

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 8:47 PM, Axe said:

Thurs night was the surgery.  I was up and walking on my own yesterday. Thurs nite was tough, I'll admit that..

Ouch! I took the Hydrocodone for medial meniscus tear surgery, but only for a day. The rest I have kept on hand for emergency use for the most severe pain I ever had, passing a kidney stone. I'll put it this way, a broken leg and complicating dislocated ankle used to be my 10 on the 1-10 scale. After a kidney stone going from the kidney to the bladder I downgraded the prior injury to a 7. Kidney stone passage (10) feels like you are doing that ritual Japanese hara-kiri. It makes you beg to just have an assistant lop off your head to stop the pain after about an hour.

26 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ouch! I took the Hydrocodone for medial meniscus tear surgery, but only for a day. The rest I have kept on hand for emergency use for the most severe pain I ever had, passing a kidney stone. I'll put it this way, a broken leg and complicating dislocated ankle used to be my 10 on the 1-10 scale. After a kidney stone going from the kidney to the bladder I downgraded the prior injury to a 7. Kidney stone passage (10) feels like you are doing that ritual Japanese hara-kiri. It makes you beg to just have an assistant lop off your head to stop the pain after about an hour.

A  teeny tiny little stone that can make you bend over in pain and find a whole new set of swear words.  Oh yeah !

And on that 1 to 10 pain scale with my left hip and left shoulder pain I reserve 9 and 10 for all out 5 alarm stuff. 9 you screaming and hope you're on the way to the hospital and 10 you're there.

Tuesday they upped my big time pain med and we'll see where it goes from there.  I'm normally around a 7 and I'm no sissy when it comes to the pain game. 

Old man pain stuff not for newbies.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

A  teeny tiny little stone that can make you bend over in pain and find a whole new set of swear words.  Oh yeah !:lol:

LOL! At first they had me waiting in the waiting room in the ER. I told my wife that she needed to inform them that as a veteran I knew the symptoms of going into shock and that this was happening to me in the waiting room. So many nurses, orderlies and an MD came running out so fast that it made my head spin getting me on a gurney and back into a treatment room faster than you could say Jumpin' Jack Flash. Scared 'em big time, but it was the absolute truth of what they saw when they got there that scared 'em most. I wasn't BS'n even one little bit.

• Thanks 1

I have had Morphine on a few occasions... A couple were recreational lol... I'll just leave it at that...

I shattered my ankle and lower leg in 1990. Have had 8 screws and a 10inch plate and a 3 inch pin in there ever since

It never bothers me. But when it happened they only gave ibuprofen. Nothing stronger. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

I shattered my ankle and lower leg in 1990. Have had 8 screws and a 10inch plate and a 3 inch pin in there ever since

It never bothers me. But when it happened they only gave ibuprofen. Nothing stronger. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain

I see one of your interests is Harley Davidson Motorcycles just curious was that a motorcycle deal ?

17 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I see one of your interests is Harley Davidson Motorcycles just curious was that a motorcycle deal ?

No. Jumped off a bridge

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

No. Jumped off a bridge

Oh,  silly me that was my second pick.   :lol:

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2022 at 7:47 AM, hammertime said:

how did the dr visit go?

Quick, uneventful.. I see him again tomorrow..

The last time after a skin cancer surgery my dermatologist stopped while doing the full body check, he looked up and said "Man, you sure are one scarred up old war horse aren't you".. Now I have 8 more stab wounds in my back..  It's been a tough, but good life.

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2022 at 7:13 PM, Browns149 said:

I have a very high tolerance for pain too, but I was willing to give up my first born to make that kidney stone pain pass.😱

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I have a very high tolerance for pain too, but I was willing to give up my first born to make that kidney stone pain pass.😱

I'm in your club an extremely high natural pain tolerance  -but-  a few will have you discovering new swear words you never knew before.......kidney stones and kidney infections are two.

I had gall bladder surgery in 2021 and it was no big deal my surgeon told my wife it was the worst GB she'd ever seen, it was ready to blow.