THE BROWNS BOARD

Supreme Court Overturns Roe vs Wade

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You should do se research on the overall effectiveness of birth control. 

Though I know that would require you to confront data the goes against something you believe. Definitely easier to call them all lazy.... This also doesn't directly affect you at all either... Both of those together and you've got some classic social conservatism 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception/how-effective-contraception/#:~:text=than 99% effective.-,Fewer than 1 in 100 women will get pregnant in,get pregnant in a year.

Laziness has a lot to do with it. And again it's a lot more fun to f*** that it is to take precautions seriously. But can't you see the irony and blowing off birth control because you found a study that said it wasn't a hundred percent effective? Especially after haranguing the people who didn't want to be vaccinated?

It would be good to hear honest responses from some of you board members pull up actually had sex with multiple partners over the past. Especially when you were young.

WSS

39 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception/how-effective-contraception/#:~:text=than 99% effective.-,Fewer than 1 in 100 women will get pregnant in,get pregnant in a year.

Laziness has a lot to do with it. And again it's a lot more fun to f*** that it is to take precautions seriously. But can't you see the irony and blowing off birth control because you found a study that said it wasn't a hundred percent effective? Especially after haranguing the people who didn't want to be vaccinated?

It would be good to hear honest responses from some of you board members pull up actually had sex with multiple partners over the past. Especially when you were young.

WSS

These statistics have been addressed. I could provide real, clear data and this board will ignore / not follow whatever is posted. 

Vapor addressed the effectiveness of birth control methods already. I imagine you and others here could at least listen to him. 

Attempting to dismiss this all on people you don't like, calling them lazy, etc (standard practice), isn't correct.

(I'm also not "blowing off birth control because I didn't find a study that says it wasn't 100% effective". Not at all what I've said. The attempt at tying in covid doesn't work either, as pregnancy isn't contagious. Large scale statistics and their implications aren't a strong suit of this board, I'll leave it at that)

45 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

These statistics have been addressed. I could provide real, clear data and this board will ignore / not follow whatever is posted. 

Vapor addressed the effectiveness of birth control methods already. I imagine you and others here could at least listen to him. 

Attempting to dismiss this all on people you don't like, calling them lazy, etc (standard practice), isn't correct.

(I'm also not "blowing off birth control because I didn't find a study that says it wasn't 100% effective". Not at all what I've said. The attempt at tying in covid doesn't work either, as pregnancy isn't contagious. Large scale statistics and their implications aren't a strong suit of this board, I'll leave it at that)

It's virtually contagious since nobody expects anyone to take any precautions whatsoever and humans are hardwised to fuck. I'm not a pro-lifer but it is what it is birth control for the irresponsible. And not to be too cynical but a relatively simple and profitable procedure.

It would be nice if people weren't hypocritical about human life depending on the situation.

WSS

ps your real clear data is based on not expecting anyone to use the products properly. I get it.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Cal, did the majority of Americans approve or disapprove of repealing Roe v Wade?

(Not to mention I haven't once been pushing for completely unrestricted access not have I at any point made it seem like that view point is the majority. Keep up)

Don't worry Woody, contrary to your beliefs, men CANNOT get pregnant.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

It's virtually contagious since nobody expects anyone to take any precautions whatsoever and humans are hardwised to fuck. I'm not a pro-lifer but it is what it is birth control for the irresponsible. And not to be too cynical but a relatively simple and profitable procedure.

It would be nice if people weren't hypocritical about human life depending on the situation.

WSS

ps your real clear data is based on not expecting anyone to use the products properly. I get it.

Oh geez...

- you can't keep putting "virtually" in front of words like it means something relevant. It isn't contagious. End of story. 

- what % of women seeking abortions do you think are doing it as a form of birth control? 

- and there's no hypocrisy in forcing a women to carry to term and then not wanting to provide any social support once the child is born. Fetuses and guns clearly rank above actual children

- it is based on typical use. You can't just create your own reality where it is used perfectly every time. Though I'm guessing, based on your views towards women on this board, you'd push for whatever surgery, injections, etc they could get to put it all on them. Even if it was perfect use, over millions and millions of people, that's still unwanted pregnancies where every party was responsible.

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh geez...

- you can't keep putting "virtually" in front of words like it means something relevant. It isn't contagious. End of story. 

- what % of women seeking abortions do you think are doing it as a form of birth control? 

- and there's no hypocrisy in forcing a women to carry to term and then not wanting to provide any social support once the child is born. Fetuses and guns clearly rank above actual children

- it is based on typical use. You can't just create your own reality where it is used perfectly every time. Though I'm guessing, based on your views towards women on this board, you'd push for whatever surgery, injections, etc they could get to put it all on them. Even if it was perfect use, over millions and millions of people, that's still unwanted pregnancies where every party was responsible.

I do it because you are not a very imaginative nor honest discussion partner. Your agenda controls every word that comes out of your mouth. But as to your stupid question. What percentage of women seeking an abortion are doing it for birth control? I think the answer would be all of them.

I'm not really taking issue with anyone who doesn't believe the fetus is a human life and is worth trying to protect. But if you do (or pretend to in order to appear less callous) at any level then taking precautions would be the proper thing to do. It's as simple as that.

(Just an aside I've never been in an auto accident in which I received serious injury. Knock on wood. I still wear a seatbelt. And I don't rail at people who I think that's an important thing to do.)

WSS

16 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I do it because you are not a very imaginative nor honest discussion partner. Your agenda controls every word that comes out of your mouth. But as to your stupid question. What percentage of women seeking an abortion are doing it for birth control? I think the answer would be all of them.

I'm not really taking issue with anyone who doesn't believe the fetus is a human life and is worth trying to protect. But if you do (or pretend to in order to appear less callous) at any level then taking precautions would be the proper thing to do. It's as simple as that.

(Just an aside I've never been in an auto accident in which I received serious injury. Knock on wood. I still wear a seatbelt. And I don't rail at people who I think that's an important thing to do.)

WSS

"My agenda", oh lord...

In 2019 58% of women that got an abortion were getting one for the first time. 

ft_2022.06.23_abortiondata_03.png

Not exactly a bunch of women running around out there using abortion as their primary / only form of birth control... Let alone "all of them".

And if course:

- no one is saying you shouldn't take any precautions

- I'm not surprised you ignored the other points in my last post

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

"My agenda", oh lord...

Not exactly a bunch of women running around out there using abortion as their primary / only form of birth control... Let alone "all of them".

And if course:

Your other points are meaningless. Referring to what you think my opinion of women might or might not be. And I don't see any relevance as to whether it's the first time the second time or the 5th. How someone gets pregnant is no longer a mystery.

What relevant comment did I ignore?

WSS

24 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

"My agenda", oh lord...

And if course:

So let me guess, you’re saying that ALL women are seeking an abortion because they’re chosen method of birth control didn’t work?

Is that what you’re saying?

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

So let me guess, you’re saying that ALL women are seeking an abortion because they’re chosen method of birth control didn’t work?

Is that what you’re saying?

I don't believe I'm the one using ALL or NONE statements here. 

Go see Steve's earlier post for an absolute. 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Your other points are meaningless. Referring to what you think my opinion of women might or might not be. And I don't see any relevance as to whether it's the first time the second time or the 5th. How someone gets pregnant is no longer a mystery.

What relevant comment did I ignore?

WSS

You don't like my other points. Nothing more. 

You've made it clear through years of posting on here what your opinion women is

If you don't see any relevance, read back through your statements here. Not sure how you don't see the relevance, unless you're just actively choosing not to. 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"My agenda", oh lord...

And if course:

Out of the 58% how many were because the mothers life was in danger?

How many were due to rape or incest?

So the other 42% had two or more abortions, think about that...

47 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You don't like my other points. Nothing more. 

You've made it clear through years of posting on here what your opinion women is

If you don't see any relevance, read back through your statements here. Not sure how you don't see the relevance, unless you're just actively choosing not to. 

You are talking out your ass. State them or STFU.

Whether it's the first or the 25th it is necessarily a method of birth control.

WSS

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Cal, did the majority of Americans approve or disapprove of repealing Roe v Wade?

(Not to mention I haven't once been pushing for completely unrestricted access not have I at any point made it seem like that view point is the majority. Keep up)

The majority didn't in a few polls. But the majority is not allowed to overrule our Constitution. You have this dumb notion that if enough people were a majority and wanted a nazi "final solution" on gun owners, that it would happen.

There is no "vote" in a poll that can take away inalienable, God-given rights.

Do I need to bold that? Making biggie font size?

Even the Supreme Court Justice, as I posted, regretted roe, because he said it was a big mistake.

If you read the decision - it has limits, as well it should have. But, it had very serious flaws - as in, Justice Ginsburg herself SAID SO.

It's has been a very bad law since it was written. It is now corrected.

The old question - "what about the life of the mother?" is valid - but far more legit way back in the day. With the amazing medical tech we have today, it's would be very, very rare.

Dr. Ben Carson, famous obstetrician, said he never had that be an issue his entire career.

Yet, millions of innocent unborn children are murdered for frivolous, convenient reasons.

Read roe - it talks about restrictions. Except obaMao favored pba.

The Supreme Court way back, was not an originalist court. This court is more originalist. Bad law got fixed. on the FEDERAL LEVEL.

Now, seriously, you need to think about your blathering. this decision DID ..............NOT...................BAN..................ABORTIONS.

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

- and there's no hypocrisy in forcing a women to carry to term and then not wanting to provide any social support once the child is born.

what? there are social programs like crazy.

WIC program assists single moms with grants. WIC is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children. This initiative provides States with Federal grants for nutrition education, health care referrals, and supplemental foods. ... To apply for Medicare assistance, get in touch with the Social security Administration at ...
Eligibility for this federal program for single mothers is limited to low-income woman and/or their children. To qualify, moms must be pregnant, postpartum, or breastfeeding; children are eligible up to age 5. Applicants must also meet income eligibility guidelines and be at-risk for poor nutrition. 02. of 05.
Mar 25, 2022The Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program provides monthly cash assistance to people who are disabled, blind, or elderly. Since its launch in 1974, SSI has guaranteed a minimum level of income to those who qualify. The current basic monthly SSI benefit is $841 for an individual and $1,261 for a couple. 6.

1 day agoJune 26, 2022, 4:14 AM. Women seek out progams that can lend financial and emotional support for women with unwanted pregnancies, who decide to carry to term.
Government Assistance Programs Pregnant Women, Mothers and Children. You state, local, and the federal governments can help with financial, medical and nutritional problems. Click this link if you are thinking of placing your child for adoption, or contact us or call 1-800-943-0400. Our not-for-profit Agency has helped over 9000 birth parents ...

12 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Or people in general...

(Does pre med not include statistics?)

Just a very basic understanding of sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, and negative predictive value. There are a couple of others. I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure calculating the union and intersection of statistical sets is not part of what is tested on the USMLE.

3 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Just a very basic understanding of sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, and negative predictive value. There are a couple of others. I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure calculating the union and intersection of statistical sets is not part of what is tested on the USMLE.

I'm honestly surprised, given all of the statistical analysis that goes on in medical studies, reports, etc. Seems like it would be very relevant.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:46 PM, MLD Woody said:

I'm honestly surprised, given all of the statistical analysis that goes on in medical studies, reports, etc. Seems like it would be very relevant.

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'If You Were Trying To Force A Needle Into My Arm Last Year Then I Don't Wanna Hear "My Body My Choice" From You Now...'

• Upvote 1

So here is my line in the sand on abortion...

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2022/07/01/ohio-girl-10-among-patients-going-indiana-abortion/7788415001/

There is no way a 10 year old should be having a baby.  I have no problems with her going anywhere to get an abortion. It's super dangerous for her and she would suffer dearly down the line if not immediately. 

I also would like to say, this newspaper, their editors, their writers are all some of the worst MFs I've ever come across in the media.  How you can write an article like this is hard to fathom.  

You can't just normalize a pregnant 10 year old into a general opinion piece on abortion.  You can't even group it with a teenager having an abortion.  It's so extremely rare (and disturbing) that it deserves more effort than two fucking sentences in some shitty op-ed.  This would be a journalistic opportunity to point out why abortion should be available in extreme situations.  BUT NO!!, let's do our best to make it blend in with the standard fare.  Fuck off!

• Like 1