THE BROWNS BOARD

Heinz Field, home to Pittsburgh Steelers, to be renamed Acrisure Stadium

Riffer X

Their new Three Sewers is...

Heinz Field will have a new name starting with the 2022 football season. The Pittsburgh Steelers’ home field will be renamed Acrisure Stadium, the team announced Monday.

Acrisure, a Michigan-based insurance and financial technology company, signed a 15-year naming rights agreement for the stadium. Financial terms were not released.

"The Pittsburgh Steelers are an institution in American sports and a globally recognized brand. Partnering with the Steelers is the opportunity of a lifetime and a tremendous honor," Greg Williams, the co-founder, chairman and CEO of Acrisure said in a statement.

"Acrisure provided us with an opportunity to ensure our stadium continues to be a valuable asset for our fans as well as keeping up with the market value of NFL stadiums. We are very appreciative to partner with Greg Williams and his company, and we look forward to a long, beneficial relationship for years to come," said Steelers President Art Rooney II.

Steelers officials said the partnership “will enable the franchise to continue to invest in stadium amenities and aesthetics, including new stadium identification for the 2022 season,” and help increase brand recognition for Acrisure.

A spokesperson for Kraft Heinz, which held the naming rights for the stadium since it opened in 2001, said the company worked with the Steelers for “several months” to mint a new deal, but the team “found a new partner willing to pay significantly more than we could justify.”

“While our name will no longer be on the stadium, Heinz will remain a significant, long-term sponsor of the Steelers and we’re excited to announce the details of our new partnership in the days ahead,” the company said.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And who won the last game at Heinz field?

WSS

Let me check my Rolodex file let's see Heinz, Heinz..... oh yeah here it is 24-22.    :)

Seems like Ben's enjoying his retirement 😳

Ben Roethlisberger: Today’s young players are coddled

“I feel like the game has changed,” Roethlisberger said on that point. “I feel like the people have changed in a sense. Maybe it’s because I got spoiled when I came in. The team was so important. It was all about the team. Now, it’s about me and this, that and the other.

“I might be standing on a soapbox a little bit, but that’s my biggest takeaway from when I started to the end. It turned from a team-first to a me-type attitude. It was hard. It’s hard for these young guys, too. Social media. They’re treated so well in college. Now, this new NIL stuff, which is unbelievable. They’re treated so special. They’re coddled at a young age because college coaches need them to win, too. I know coach [Terry] Hoeppner never coddled me [at Miami of Ohio]. Neither did [Bill] Cowher.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/23/ben-roethlisberger-todays-young-players-are-coddled

💣  💥 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

“I feel like the game has changed,” Roethlisberger said on that point. “I feel like the people have changed in a sense. Maybe it’s because I got spoiled when I came in. The team was so important. It was all about the team. Now, it’s about me and this, that and the other.

“I might be standing on a soapbox a little bit, but that’s my biggest takeaway from when I started to the end. It turned from a team-first to a me-type attitude. It was hard. It’s hard for these young guys, too. Social media. They’re treated so well in college. Now, this new NIL stuff, which is unbelievable. They’re treated so special. They’re coddled at a young age because college coaches need them to win, too. I know coach [Terry] Hoeppner never coddled me [at Miami of Ohio]. Neither did [Bill] Cowher.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/23/ben-roethlisberger-todays-young-players-are-coddled

💣  💥 

https://www.nfl.com/news/ben-roethlisberger-i-wasn-t-a-good-teammate-0ap3000000507410

It was not a secret that many Steelers veteran players had a big problem with Roethlisberger when he was a young player too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm just glad to see the renaming of Heinz field increased the Vegas O/U expected total Steelers wins more than the addition of Baker did for the Panthers.

Acrisure.. It's such a big name in Pittsburgh that the field now, finally, at long last, feels like it's named what it always should have been.  

On 7/23/2022 at 8:49 PM, gumby73 said:

💣  💥 

Big Ben is a dirt bag. Loved him on the field, especially in his prime but he has never, ever been a likable dude. I'd defend him here and defend him in general as a diehard fan but I'm not at all surprised he's foaming at the mouth already. He was a skirt chasing shit lord before marriage and now he's a churchy loud mouth after marriage. He needs to stfu and enjoy retirement. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Big Ben is a dirt bag. Loved him on the field, especially in his prime but he has never, ever been a likable dude. I'd defend him here and defend him in general as a diehard fan but I'm not at all surprised he's foaming at the mouth already. He was a skirt chasing shirt lord before marriage and now he's a churchy loud mouth after marriage. He needs to stfu and enjoy retirement. 

Yes.  Now he sold his mansion equipped with a bowling alley and more nice actually  because he's a family man with his kids.

It still amazes me how much money he's got from the Steeler organization for playing football among the NFL highest  plus his other endorsements. Don't get me wrong I would do the same thing too in his position. 

Big Ben a man of many faces from Findlay, Ohio.   What's next for Mr Steeler ?

interesting - the stench and corruption of three rivers sewage.... lives on.

Apr 13, 2021Matt Schweinzger has stepped down as Acrisure CFO after a fund he set up plowed $485mn into what federal prosecutors allege was a Ponzi scheme, this publication can reveal. An internal memo seen by Inside P&C states that Schweinzger will step down to "navigate his personal situation", as the fast-growing broker, which placed over $22bn of ...

10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Big Ben is a dirt bag. Loved him on the field, especially in his prime but he has never, ever been a likable dude. I'd defend him here and defend him in general as a diehard fan but I'm not at all surprised he's foaming at the mouth already. He was a skirt chasing shirt lord before marriage and now he's a churchy loud mouth after marriage. He needs to stfu and enjoy retirement. 

Would have rather had your QB problem than ours.

Nevertheless, Ben was also a "me first" douchebag whether you know it or not.

I remember hearing a story about Ben being pissed at the Steelers for drafting Rudolph.

The audacity. Stated he wasn't gonna mentor the new QB. What a fuckstick.

Ben Roethlisberger's comments display lack of accountability, self-awareness | Opinion (yahoo.com)

The Pittsburgh Steelers are less than a week away from formally turning the page from Ben Roethlisberger to Mitch Trubisky and eventually Kenny Pickett, ending an 18-year run that yielded two Super Bowl titles and a third appearance.

Evidently, Roethlisberger wasn’t quite ready to go quietly into that good night. In case you’ve been living under a rock, the future Hall-of-Famer spoke with the Post-Gazette’s Ron Cook about a wide range of subjects pertaining to his Steelers career.

If Roethlisberger, always savvy about getting his message out, thought that his words would be viewed in the court of public opinion as a surgical, justified airing of grievances with the only franchise he’s ever known, he miscalculated. It came off more like a Hail Mary, a last-gasp effort to lay blame for anything that went wrong with the team during his tenure at everyone’s feet but his own.

His gripes ranged from semi-valid – his Super Bowl XLIII winning pass to Santonio Holmes doesn’t get enough credit compared to Holmes’ catch (true, but only outside of Pittsburgh) – to tone-deaf and devoid of self-awareness, particularly when he bemoaned the Steelers’ transition from a team-oriented group into a me-first outfit.

Were Antonio Brown, Le’Veon Bell and others “me-first” at times? Sure. No one argues that they weren’t. Roethlisberger was right there with them, though, even if he wasn’t all over social media.

Anytime he spoke to the media, in the locker room or on his 93.7 The Fan radio show, every ear in Pittsburgh was perked up, waiting to hear what he would say. He was remarkably compelling, because he hardly ever fell back on tired clichés, but his comments frequently had a self-serving bent.

Often, he was throwing shade at teammates, whether it was Brown for running “too flat” of a route against Denver, or Mason Rudolph for having the audacity to – hold on, let me check my notes – be drafted by the team.

That’s me-first behavior by any definition. Early-career Roethlisberger engaged in it, too. Remember his habit of riding a motorcycle without a helmet? That’s putting yourself at risk of injury, despite you being extremely important to the team. I can’t imagine his teammates were too thrilled with that sort of thing in those early days, even as he was having immediate, huge success on the field.

One other thing; this transition to more of a “me-first” mentality happened when Roethlisberger finally ascended to the role of locker room leader, a title he really didn’t have until after Troy Polamalu’s retirement. That’s not to say that Mike Tomlin isn’t responsible for the team’s culture – he is – but so too was Roethlisberger. Lead by example, and all that.

He also spoke of how players are coddled in the modern era, making sure to note that Terry Hoeppner, his coach at Miami of Ohio, as well as Bill Cowher, never coddled him. College coach-player dynamics are different than in the pros, and Cowher never coddled Roethlisberger because he only coached him for three years, and Roethlisberger was a relative pup on a team chock full of veterans and leaders.

If that was a subtle jab at Tomlin, I’m confused. What was the head coach supposed to do, crack the whip on his highest-paid player? I’d like to have seen that happen, mainly because I suspect Roethlisberger would not have taken it well, and it would have done exponentially more harm than good.

Roethlisberger’s comments about Kevin Colbert might have been the most misguided of all, and going after Colbert, a Pittsburgher’s Pittsburgher, might be the simplest explanation for the immediate public backlash.

Roethlisberger implied that of the Tomlin-Colbert-Art Rooney II braintrust, Colbert was the one readiest to move on at quarterback after the 2020 season, that Tomlin was “a little ready” to move on, and that Rooney was the reason he was brought back.

I just don’t get that at all. Forget about all the money the Steelers paid Roethlisberger over the years – it is $267,286,864 per Spotrac, if you really wanted to know – and even Colbert’s infamous “Ben and 52 kids” comment of a few years back. Think of all the times Colbert, and really the entire organization, stood by Roethlisberger in his early years when his successes on the field were matched only by his repeated embarrassments away from it.

From a football standpoint, Colbert was also perfectly reasonable to want to move on after 2020. Roethlisberger might feel he played well last year, but his 86.8 passer rating (league average: 90.8) and an abysmal 35.6 QBR – by far the lowest of his career over a full season – suggests otherwise.

In no way, shape or form have the Steelers or Colbert ever done wrong by Roethlisberger. Quite the opposite. They forced Roethlisberger’s close friend Bruce Arians into a retirement that was anything but, but Arians’ coaching philosophy was going to dramatically shorten Roethlisberger’s career.

They eventually cut loose Todd Haley because Roethlisberger didn’t like him, despite the fact that Roethlisberger took fewer hits and put up big numbers in Haley’s offense. Haley’s replacement? Randy Fichtner, a Roethlisberger friend who was out of his depth as coordinator.

Roethlisberger’s only gripe with Colbert would be that he hasn’t always made perfect draft picks, but no general manager does, and with plenty of other needs to address, he went out and got Roethlisberger two shiny new skill-position talents – Najee Harris and Pat Freiermuth – in the first two rounds of last year’s draft.

Ben Roethlisberger is entitled to his opinions, and his status as a two-time Super Bowl winner and future Hall of Famer means that he’ll always have a platform to make them public whenever he feels like it. But if he wants to assign blame for the Steelers’ shortcomings over the last half of his career, there’s another place he should look in addition to his teammates, coaches and general manager.

A mirror.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Yes.  Now he sold his mansion equipped with a bowling alley and more nice actually  because he's a family man with his kids.

It still amazes me how much money he's got from the Steeler organization for playing football among the NFL highest  plus his other endorsements. Don't get me wrong I would do the same thing too in his position. 

Big Ben a man of many faces from Findlay, Ohio.   What's next for Mr Steeler ?

Yeah, Ben from Findlay Ohio being replace by Mitch from Mentor Ohio. That for some reason makes me uncomfortable.

What I worry most about the Steelers is that I believe the QB play will be much improved. 

Ben was utter trash least season. His passer rating was 86.8, 24th in the NFL His QBR was even worse at 26th, right behind Jared Goff.