THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

here's your time for payback for us breakin' your balls for years about Rapistburger. Let me have it!"

Nice entrance.  But poor analogy.  Watson made a request.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Not to be rude but did she tell you exactly what the up charge would be for the happy ending?

WSS

7 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Boon, I anticipate a deeply religious experience.

Many LOL Thanks ! I needed those minutes of laughter after this week 🤣

16 hours ago, Vambo said:

Roger Goodell appoints Peter C. Harvey to hear NFL appeal of Deshaun Watson’s 6-game suspension

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-designates-former-n-j-attorney-general-peter-c-ha

"Mr. Harvey served as the Attorney General of New Jersey and is now a partner at the Paterson Belknap firm in New York," the league said Thursday in a statement. "He has also served as a federal prosecutor. He has deep expertise in criminal law, including domestic violence and sexual assault, and has advised the NFL and other professional leagues on the development and implementation of workplace policies, including the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy. Mr. Harvey has also served as the Commissioner's designee in blah/blah/ blah 😇

Ya Know?

This should remind folks of when we were kids.. Ya know?

After you'd run to your Mother (Robinson) and not get what you want... simmer a few..

Than you'd run to your Dad asking the same question hoping for better results.. 🤫 

(i take no credit in this...)

signed, My Wife..

A  Panthers Fan  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Was this back in the 50's?😁

LOL! All my friends from college days are now either solid silver or solid white. They all accuse my of using Grecian Formula since I still have just silver in sprinkles everywhere. I have to show them the silver strands that go all the way to roots to prove it's just normal & untouched. I had good genes. My Mom was only about 50% silver/50% dark brown hair when she died at 87.

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

I'll bet you they're saying that American called Nickers is way too quiet.  He has that dangerous church mouse silence people should be worried about...  

I was a hyper little kid... as I got older I mellowed out... Now I just let My guitar do all the talking...I'm still hyper... Just in a different way... I think its a natural trait among Musicians... We're bound up with excessive energy... Its like being a Jack in the box waiting to explode!

32 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Would never happen with her or any legit masseuse in a paid professional setting. 

I think the key word is “legit”.

DW didn’t bother to ask if any of the MT were licensed.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Um, sure. 

:)  I hear ya.  But...that's his side of the story.  And the Three Musketeers, Jimmuh, Dee and son-in-law, did a thorough investigation prior to visiting him.  :)  But honestly, I think that if the Musketeers came to think that Watson was some sort of perv they wouldn't have moved forward with the plan.  I assuming that they've got SOME SORT of threshold one needs to meet.   I'm hoping...

In massage lay-men's terms 🙃... This means to hurry up !

Per Flo, 

The NFL is believed to be looking for an indefinite suspension of at least one year as well as a fine. The initial ruling by Sue L. Robinson did not include any monetary penalty for Watson.

Former New Jersey Attorney General Peter Harvey was selected to hear the appeal by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Harvey has served on advisory committees for the league and consulted with the league on the Personal Conduct Policy that was used to suspend Watson.

The policy calls for an expedited decision on appeal, so Harvey’s ruling should come in the near future and provide the Browns with clarity about when they might have their big acquisition of the year in the lineup.

It's the HOF weekend...  hurry! The NFL suits are all in Canton...  see ya around Hump Day !

4 minutes ago, FY56 said:

these are the same hacks that won't be happy until they see 2 years..ala Bauer.. that deal was off the table when it got to Robinson... and I don't believe the NFL ever offered it.. the media did.. that smoke might clear soon from the Browns side 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Vambo said:

Roger Goodell appoints Peter C. Harvey to hear NFL appeal of Deshaun Watson’s 6-game suspension

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-designates-former-n-j-attorney-general-peter-c-ha

"Mr. Harvey served as the Attorney General of New Jersey and is now a partner at the Paterson Belknap firm in New York," the league said Thursday in a statement. "He has also served as a federal prosecutor. He has deep expertise in criminal law, including domestic violence and sexual assault, and has advised the NFL and other professional leagues on the development and implementation of workplace policies, including the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy. Mr. Harvey has also served as the Commissioner's designee in other arbitrations."

Harvey served as the New Jersey attorney general from 2003-2006.

And what if Goodell doesn't like his decision either?

3 minutes ago, FY56 said:

And what if Goodell doesn't like his decision either?

By what I gather Harvey works for Goodell (off and on) so I would imagine he knows what he is going to decide...

• Thanks 2

I'm fairly certain Rambo Kay Cabot has Roger warrants from reaching the Canton City limit signs this weekend..

download.jpg.649d17df047d612fe1bb7844b457a234.jpgdownload.jpg.a2c4ea83a14fe264415e2fcc972e54e7.jpg

you can't make this 💩 up  https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/08/massage-therapists-to-hold-national-convention-in-cleveland-as-deshaun-watsons-suspension-case-plays-out.html

Can Browns fans sue the NFL for pain and suffering?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nickers said:

I was a hyper little kid... as I got older I mellowed out... Now I just let My guitar do all the talking...I'm still hyper... Just in a different way... I think its a natural trait among Musicians... We're bound up with excessive energy... Its like being a Jack in the box waiting to explode!

Next time just pick up one of their Spanish acoustical guitars and play for 'em. They'll love ya! Might even get one of the senoritas to do a little flamenco for ya. Oh Lay!!💃😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Vambo said:

By what I gather Harvey works for Goodell (off and on) so I would imagine he knows what he is going to decide...

Makes me wonder why he didn't appoint him in the first place cutting out the middlewoman. This made zero sense to me, but then so does the contract with the NFLPA that set this ridiculous scenario up in the first place. If I were in a union, I'd have fired those guys for such a stupid agreement with the NFL.

10 hours ago, Orion said:

:)  I hear ya.  But...that's his side of the story.  And the Three Musketeers, Jimmuh, Dee and son-in-law, did a thorough investigation prior to visiting him.  :)  But honestly, I think that if the Musketeers came to think that Watson was some sort of perv they wouldn't have moved forward with the plan.  I assuming that they've got SOME SORT of threshold one needs to meet.   I'm hoping...

The Haslams? The same people who ripped off trucking businesses for a shitload of money?

I think what happened on this board is that Training Camp started, some people who were anti-Watson started getting excited about the upcoming season, and while they might not like him, they know he's a definite upgrade over Baker. A top notch QB with THIS roster? Man... this could be a great team! Oh, Watson is going to only miss the first six games? Well, that won't kill the Browns. Watson might be sleazy, but its not like I know any of those women, and he's probably learned his lesson, and man this team could be great, and football is finally back, and OH WHAT THE HOLY FUCK NOW GODDELL IS GOING TO WRECK OUR GREAT SEASON!!!!!????? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Haslams? The same people who ripped off trucking businesses for a shitload of money?

Umm...yeah, them.  I DID say I was hoping.  And remember, Jimmuh and the janitor didn't know anything about that scheme. :)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Next time just pick up one of their Spanish acoustical guitars and play for 'em. They'll love ya! Might even get one of the senoritas to do a little flamenco for ya. Oh Lay!!💃😂

Well funny you should mention that... I'm actually tackling a Flamenco piece called "Asturias" which was written on and for piano... But it actually translates better for Classical guitar...  It's very tricky and it has a lot of alternate picking technique.. I have just about mastered the main theme and technique.. Now I just have to assemble the rest of the parts like Lego blocks so to speak... It's quite challenging... I'm also working on Eddie Van Halens Intro to "Little Guitars"... I'm gonna do my own arrangement where I combine both pieces together.. It just sounds like a perfect fit...

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Many LOL Thanks ! I needed those minutes of laughter after this week 🤣

Ya Know?

This should remind folks of when we were kids.. Ya know?

After you'd run to your Mother (Robinson) and not get what you want... simmer a few..

Than you'd run to your Dad asking the same question hoping for better results.. 🤫 

(i take no credit in this...)

signed, My Wife..

A  Panthers Fan  

And if it was my dad he'd tell me to listen to my mother.

Who knows, maybe Harvey will say just that. 

6 games.

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Well funny you should mention that... I'm actually tackling a Flamenco piece called "Asturias" which was written on and for piano... But it actually translates better for Classical guitar...  It's very tricky and it has a lot of alternate picking technique.. I have just about mastered the main theme and technique.. Now I just have to assemble the rest of the parts like Lego blocks so to speak... It's quite challenging... I'm also working on Eddie Van Halens Intro to "Little Guitars"... I'm gonna do my own arrangement where I combine both pieces together.. It just sounds like a perfect fit...

Post 'em for us when you feel you have a good recording. I love the sound of classical guitar. My wife and I had front row seats for Christopher Parkening many years ago. It was absolutely wonderful. Sometimes he made it sound like two guitars playing at once. Here ya go. His version of "Asturias".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Silver slayer said:

This is all about the look .

Goodell can say hey we tried to get more. 

I fully expect the 6 games to stand. 

1 Year and a hefty fine. Goodell appointed a woman because he thought she would do even worse than that minimum. Backfired on him.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Makes me wonder why he didn't appoint him in the first place cutting out the middlewoman. This made zero sense to me, but then so does the contract with the NFLPA that set this ridiculous scenario up in the first place. If I were in a union, I'd have fired those guys for such a stupid agreement with the NFL.

Exactly, the NFLPA should have demanded the contract language MLB has.. A totally independent source to hear the league's appeal, not someone with ties to the NFL. 

That's not saying this guy isn't qualified, I just hope he can be 1\2 objective.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think what happened on this board is that Training Camp started, some people who were anti-Watson started getting excited about the upcoming season, and while they might not like him, they know he's a definite upgrade over Baker. A top notch QB with THIS roster? Man... this could be a great team! Oh, Watson is going to only miss the first six games? Well, that won't kill the Browns. Watson might be sleazy, but its not like I know any of those women, and he's probably learned his lesson, and man this team could be great, and football is finally back, and OH WHAT THE HOLY FUCK NOW GODDELL IS GOING TO WRECK OUR GREAT SEASON!!!!!????? 

Really reached the point I'm numb to it all Dutch. If Watson gets a whole year, the Haslam's have no one but themselves to blame for doing shoddy research.  We won games last year with a one armed Baker. We can certainly win games with Brissett. 

And we know an entire season is going to be appealed, the Soap Opera will continue. I'm hoping for some sort of compromise. Less than a year, and a hefty fine. 

PS The hatahs hoping that the Browns lose every game because of Watson can go find another team to root for, they won't be missed. 

• Upvote 1

1. So did Roger really appoint Peter Harvey who played a role in drafting the conduct policy?  I’m asking the question because it was mentioned he helped formulate the policy…is that true?  Seems like a conflict of interest to me if so.

2.  If he’s getting 12 games it is better that it be the entire season.  We are better off having his contract start to toll in 2023…so he gets into a groove by Week 16 when we are 7-8 at best.   I would trade Clowney and any other soon to be 2023 free agent. I’m sorry but 8-9 is no longer appealing.  Boy the Texans arguably more culpable make out handsomely with an extended suspension…is this what the NFL wants.

3. We talk about “bad” precedence that the NFL finds itself in over and over again.  This situation makes it worse.  What is Sue Robinsons role? 

4. Haslem and Co. overestimated the role the public opinion would play in this case.  They may have reviewed the cases, reviewed the NFLs prior stances, reviewed the new procedure and had a solid ground for the signing BUT they didn’t weigh public opinion and when you are talking about penalties and “legal” proceedings it has no place in the equation.

5. Robert Kraft what a joke.  I hope Nick Chubb puts 250 on them in a runaway game and our stadium welcomes Kraft to Cleveland 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1