THE BROWNS BOARD

This is how a RESPECTABLE Browns FO and owner would handle things

calfoxwc

but no, Browns get .......

and Bills fans are PROUD of their FO and ownership. Seems other teams will not want to

be in a sick situation as the Browns.

1 day agoThe Bills released rookie punter Matt Araiza two days after a lawsuit was filed alleging the player and two college teammates gang-raped a teenager last fall ... The Buffalo Bills cut Matt Araiza ...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

and Bills fans are PROUD of their FO and ownership. Seems other teams will not want to

1 day agoThe Bills released rookie punter Matt Araiza two days after a lawsuit was filed alleging the player and two college teammates gang-raped a teenager last fall ... The Buffalo Bills cut Matt Araiza ...

It starts with ownership Cal... Haslam wanted scumbag Watson... no matter the cost or baggage.. He got his boy... Now has to live with the consequences... Watch DW pull a Carlos Baerga and completely disintergrate right before your eyes with a crashing thud...

18 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Creditable reports that the Bills brass was made aware of  allegations long before the (civil) suit was filed and the resulting media/public pressure (see; image) 

Careful who you attempt to canonize. 

I'm not canonizing at all - they probably heard of it, but didn't give up three FIRST round draft picks and a historically biggest guaranteed contract to get him, either. More information came out, they had a chance to talk to him, learned MORE information and then he was toast.

the browns are toast, their reputation is trashed. The Bills easily fixed the situation. The Browns are stuck in the mire. I suppose fans who are sick of the crap - will watch the browns games and will be disgusted to hear about watson every single game. Because of the browns stupidity and slimey desperation - they are locked in. New information just makes them look lower than the slime on the bottom of a swamp.

2 days agoBills head coach Sean McDermott said he has learned new information in the last day concerning the rape allegations his punter, Matt Araiza, faces, and that he wants to learn more.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Creditable reports that the Bills brass was made aware of  allegations long before the (civil) suit was filed and the resulting media/public pressure (see; image) 

Yes. Ariza was regarded as the best punter, yet two punters were drafted ahead of him.

The Bills, like the Texans, knew No media backlash towards them like the Browns.

Just now, Kvoethe said:

Sounds like no evidence, but wait till he is famous and $$$$, then go for a civil suit.  How many years ago did this supposedly happen?  Lawsuit of opportunity.

Not saying it didnt happen.  Just saying why not press charges when it happened.....

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Careful who you attempt to canonize. 

In other words, the Bills weren't buying into the rumor just yet? The civil suits against Watson were already filed when the Browns perused him. Not at all similar situations.

It was appropriate that the Bills cut him now since the allegations have resulted in lawsuits rather than cut him based on allegations alone.

5 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Not saying it didnt happen.  Just saying why not press charges when it happened.....

They were talking about it on 100.7 here in Toledo, she was 17,at a party outside. He took her into a room with supposedly 2 other guys.....besides assaulting,they pulled piercings out...and did other things. It was reported to authorities. And i do believe they said a test was also done.

10 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

It happened less than a year ago. And  It was report right away. 

Then put him away for sure if he is guilty...his buddies too.  I have no problem with that.  

16 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

But........what Warson was accused of wasn't rape. I know some people out there want it to be so they can point their fingers and say what a bad person he is so they can feel better about themselves.  But it's not and that's why the Browns front office is sticking by him.

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think you just got a title for cal's untitled novel.

"Twice is Never Enough"🤣

Dumping your punter on a rape allegation. Great. Just so happens, star players get different treatment than the ones that are replaceable moving parts.

Now if that had happened to be Josh Allen instead,  you think the Bills would have cut him immediately? Fat change there. :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Dumping your punter on a rape allegation. Great. Just so happens, star players get different treatment than the ones that are replaceable moving parts.

Now if that had happened to be Josh Allen instead,  you think the Bills would have cut him immediately? Fat change there. :D

Kind of like incognito and who was that other loser who escapes my mind atm...

10 hours ago, Flugel said:

Can we kill a dead horse more than once?     Not sure, but rumor has it if you watch the original Rocky movie 10 times he finally wins in your 10 attempt to see him win.   Man, did I get ripped off on that one!!!

My dad has always been a big film guy, loves cameras, movie-making, etc. Worked in the theater business for years. 

So he was one of the early people to plunk down an insane amount of money when VCRs came on the market. Like, I think you could have easily bought a dozen VCRS in the late 80s for the price he paid for his first one, I think in 1979 or '80. One of the first things he recorded was the '80 Browns vs Raiders playoff game. 

I remember, as a 5 year old, watching that game in the months after over and over again, thinking that if I watched it enough eventually Sipe would throw a touchdown and the Browns would win. Basically, it was my football version of Linus sitting in a pumpkin patch every year in a futile attempt to see the Great Pumpkin. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

My dad has always been a big film guy, loves cameras, movie-making, etc. Worked in the theater business for years. 

So he was one of the early people to plunk down an insane amount of money when VCRs came on the market. Like, I think you could have easily bought a dozen VCRS in the late 80s for the price he paid for his first one, I think in 1979 or '80. One of the first things he recorded was the '80 Browns vs Raiders playoff game. 

I remember, as a 5 year old, watching that game in the months after over and over again, thinking that if I watched it enough eventually Sipe would throw a touchdown and the Browns would win. Basically, it was my football version of Linus sitting in a pumpkin patch every year in a futile attempt to see the Great Pumpkin. 

That was a GREAT post!   That experience was good training for "The Drive" and "The Fumble" because the unfinished business of it all gives us insatiable appetites for more.  

42 minutes ago, Flugel said:

That was a GREAT post!   That experience was good training for "The Drive" and "The Fumble" because the unfinished business of it all gives us insatiable appetites for more.  

Otherwise known as "Reasons I Drink To Forget"... 

• Haha 1

What Ariza is accused of is simply light years worse than what Watson allegedly did. Asking a masseuse to rub your Johnson or slapping it on her is far different than forcefully and repeatedly gang raping a minor. Not say My Watson doesn’t need counseling but it’s night and day.