THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns cuts to 53

nickers

37 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

These were the cuts to get from 90 to 80.. 1-2 weeks ago..

From 80 to 53

6 cuts are official/ Odom to IR/ 20 more cuts are pending (a 4 game IR is possible)  

I always root for J Bradley.  But he always gets cut.  Though they always seem to bring him back onto the practice squad.  He's been around us long enough.  They know what he can and cannot do (which is to say, he probably just can't be counted on to 'get open').  

Tomorrow's going to be interesting.  And the next day, with the after-cuts signings.   I'm interested in those signings.

7 hours ago, Orion said:

I always root for J Bradley.  But he always gets cut.  Though they always seem to bring him back onto the practice squad.  He's been around us long enough.  They know what he can and cannot do (which is to say, he probably just can't be counted on to 'get open').  

Tomorrow's going to be interesting.  And the next day, with the after-cuts signings.   I'm interested in those signings.

No doubt it is going to be a fluid situation for several days.  I am still waiting for us to trade a back.  It makes no sense to keep as many quality backs as we currently have.  We need to move one for a player at a position of need or a pick.  Insurance is one thing.  Wasting a player and roster spot is stupid.  Berry needs to get off his ass and figure out which of Hunt or DJ we want to extend a few years and trade the other.  I can't imagine no team in the league wouldn't want one of those guys.  Either could be the lead back or the top rotational back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

These were the cuts to get from 90 to 80.. 1-2 weeks ago..

From 80 to 53

6 cuts are official/ Odom to IR/ 20 more cuts are pending (a 4 game IR is possible)  

It's still good to re-post them for knuckleheads like me that can't even remember why I just walked into the kitchen...

At this point in time, there's more urgency to keep at least 4 starting caliber RBs while we might not have 1 starting caliber Center lining up in front of our QB. May not make sense just yet but I have an example of patience paying after the preseason ended. 

Not for nothing, I'd like to see at least one guy in our Center competition that isn't 6'5" or 6'6" tall like all the current candidates seem to be.  Looks like our pad heights out of stance are forfeiting the legs below our Center candidates too frequently.  Can't win in the trenches without good leverage.  I say this having not seen the preseason game vrs the Bears I'm recording on Friday.

Once upon a time, we traded for the 6'2" Hank Fraley in the 1st week of September when the competition to replace injured Center LeCharles Bentley after the 1st practice of training camp never produced anyone.  This worked out really well for us for about 2-3 years after Philly had already replaced him in their starting lineup. He became a leader immediately making all the calls at the line of scrimmage.  The guy could still pull around end at that stage of his career; and he always had great pad height and leverage that kept him efficient.  

48 minutes ago, Flugel said:

It's still good to re-post them for knuckleheads like me that can't even remember why I just walked into the kitchen...

Or ones like me that can't remember .........................................something or other........................I know there's a there's a term for it.💩

• Haha 1

Rosen cut....

Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," Rosen said. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

Hahahahahahah

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Rosen cut....

Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," Rosen said. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

Hahahahahahah

That didn't age very well now did it :)

His full name is Josua Ballinger Lippencott Rosen....is that a name that screams superbowl.

Although he has made 19 million so far...not to shabby.

18k per snap!!

Anyone who has a chip on their shoulder shouldnt have to tell you they have a chip on their shoulder.

No Regerts!!

3 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Rosen cut....

Hahahahahahah

Saw that one coming a mile away...  Joining the long line of quarterback busts... Probably the end of the line for Josh. Minor surprises Hance and Stanton got the ax.   

I'd look for Kelly to make the practice squad if another team doesn't pick him up.  

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-announce-initial-53-man-roster-heading-into-2022-season

PS the Brisket didn't look all that great against the Bears... 

3 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Rosen cut....

Hahahahahahah

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Joining the long line of quarterback busts... Probably the end of the line for Josh

In all fairness Rosen had a better pre-season than Brissett. And Dobbs had the best one out of the three and yet they still have Brissett penciled in as the starter. Still trying to figure this one out.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

• Waived (17):
  • LB Dakota Allen
  • WR Daylen Baldwin
  • TE Miller Forristall
  • TE Nakia Griffin-Stewart
  • G Blake Hance  some guy named Blake
  • WR Mike Harley Jr.
  •  
  • LB Willie Harvey Jr.
  • S Lavert Hill (injured)
  • C Brock Hoffman
  • CB Shaun Jolly
  • CB Herb Miller
  • TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden
  • G David Moore Jr.
  • T Alex Taylor
  •  
  • DT Roderick Perry II
  • FB Johnny Stanton IV
  • WR Easop Winston
  • Terminated Contract (2):
  • RB John Kelly Jr.   Somebody please sign this guy - he's pretty good
  • QB Josh Rosen
  • Placed on reserve/suspended by commissioner (1):
  • QB Deshaun Watson

27 minutes ago, Neo said:

In all fairness Rosen had a better pre-season than Brissett. And Dobbs had the best one out of the three and yet they still have Brissett penciled in as the starter. Still trying to figure this one out.

I agree, if I was setting the roster I would have Dobbs as starter backed up by Rosen.

• Upvote 1

I'm a bit surprised they dropped both Stanton and Kelly. I thought they'd keep one of them. And also dropped another first round QB. Maybe he asked to be dropped now knowing he might get a chance somewhere else rather than dropped when QB1 returns after game 11. Harder to get on somewhere that late in the season.

22 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And also dropped another first round QB.

I was just telling my son that Dobbs played well enough and that he's more like Watson than Rosen is.  I knew it was gonna happen.  

We've got 5 RB's.  (Felton is listed at RB...but even 4 is a lot)

And only 2 TE's on the roster?   That's going to change.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see WR go from the current 5 to 6.

...and lest we forget our current Center position having just one guy that we're none too sure of.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

I have a feeling Brisette is going to be on a very short leash if he starts single handedly losing games by throwing ill advised interceptions. His career record speaks for itself.  

12 hours ago, Neo said:

NFL starting experience.  And that's pretty much the gist of it.  

Well at least they kept Isaiah Thomas. He gets after QBs when he's in there. Schwartz is a trainwreck who will cost us games. I think I will keep track of crucial drops per game. You know he will have them because he's a choker. There is a guy I play doubles racquetball against from time to time. When it comes time for a crucial game winning or losing shot, I find a way to send it his direction because he's a choker under that kind of pressure. That is what Schwartz does.

• Upvote 1

The full order for waiver wire claims is here:

1. Jacksonville Jaguars
  2. Detroit Lions
  3. Houston Texans
  4. New York Jets
  5. New York Giants
  6. Carolina Panthers
  7. Chicago Bears
  8. Atlanta Falcons
  9. Denver Broncos
  10. Seattle Seahawks
  11. Washington Commanders
  12. Minnesota Vikings
  13. * Cleveland Browns *
  14. Baltimore Ravens
  15. Miami Dolphins
  16. Indianapolis Colts
  17. Los Angeles Chargers
  18. New Orleans Saints
  19. Philadelphia Eagles
  20. Pittsburgh Steelers
  21. New England Patriots
  22. Las Vegas Raiders
  23. Arizona Cardinals
  24. Dallas Cowboys
  25. Buffalo Bills
  26. Tennessee Titans
  27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  28. Green Bay Packers
  29. San Francisco 49ers
  30. Kansas City Chiefs
  31. Cincinnati Bengals
  32. Los Angeles Rams
  33. PFF's full cut down tracker.. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-roster-cuts-tracker