THE BROWNS BOARD

★ TNF ★ NEXT WEEK Pittsburgh at Cleveland.... Week 3, NATIONAL BROADCAST SCHEDULE

mjp28

Thursday Night Football  week 2  Pittsburgh at Cleveland.....only on Prime ?   Yes.  ......  ★  edit add 9/8......MAYBE NOT,  despite what the cute refrigerator magnet I got which says. ......."ONLY ON PRIME"......  no fine print there.  . Too bad it didn't say for you streaming video fans.

Trickery  in advertising.     :lol:      Now back to NBC on my TV.   * TNF Week 2 not on my local TV.........  here we go again  !

I got a letter from Amazon Prime (which I have) also enclosed was a Thursday Night Football  Schedule on a magnet with "Only on Prime".....what ?  Pittsburgh at Cleveland week 2 only on Prime TV, yes.  Michaels and Herbstriet on the games.

Make your plans now.  

......* edit add,  9/20/22..... From  506  Sports  ......  

Week 3 games  -  September 25, 2022

NOTE :    Maps will be posted on Wednesday, September 21.

NATIONAL BROADCASTS

• Thursday Night: Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (Amazon)  <----  our game September 22
          also WPXI (NBC 11) Pittsburgh; WEWS (ABC 5) Cleveland
  • Sunday Night: San Francisco @ Denver (NBC)
  • Monday Night: Dallas @ NY Giants (ESPN/ABC)

Thursday Night Football' schedule 2022

• Start time: 8:20 p.m. ET
  • Live stream: Amazon Prime

This will be the first year that Amazon Prime is the exclusive home of "Thursday Night Football" after it had been previously been broadcast by Fox.

Al Michaels, who joins the Amazon booth from NBC, will work call play-by-play for the games with Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN's college football analyst, providing color commentary as the new broadcast duo.

Thursday-Sunday-Monday-050622-Various-FTR.jpeg

gHS0wtU9IDykxp79zL.gif     I'm guessing? your final Direct TV/ 2022 NFL Ticket would need a business account?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/23/amazon-signs-deal-with-directv-to-air-thursday-night-football-games-in-bars.html

go out with a bang Direct TV ! add the millions of little peoples/home dwellings that's overpaid your chosen business for years ! 

On 9/8/2022 at 7:30 AM, gumby73 said:

gHS0wtU9IDykxp79zL.gif     I'm guessing? your final Direct TV/ 2022 NFL Ticket would need a business account?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/23/amazon-signs-deal-with-directv-to-air-thursday-night-football-games-in-bars.html

go out with a bang Direct TV ! add the millions of little peoples/home dwellings that's overpaid your chosen business for years ! "

Or business  "scare tactics "  to drum up more sales for their product ?   

i just recently saw a study that showed how much wasted money was out there by people who basically forgot about  unused online memberships and similar things.  The numbers were way up there something like about 40%....but then again people can be forgetful or just lazy at times.   I've done it on a few $1 or $1.99/mo. items.  

Just go over your apps and see how many were a good idea.....at one time long ago.  Time to clean house.

Reminds me I have one big one I've been going to cancel, better do it today.   :huh:

Question:  We have a new really nice TV in our family room and a nice tv out on our deck  a 24" TV in the kitchen and living room tv area, a 22" tv on my desk.

So why do I want to stream Amazon Prime to our computers or 10" tablet?   Maybe I'll skip TNF except  the PIT vs CLE game next week.

We've never needed to stream before......I wonder how many others do the same thing ?

The NFL  "money grab"   in all of its green glory.    💲💲💲

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Thursday Night Football  week 2  Pittsburgh at Cleveland.....only on Prime ?   Yes.

I got a letter from Amazon Prime (which I have) also enclosed was a Thursday Night Football  Schedule on a magnet with "Only on Prime".....what ?  Pittsburgh at Cleveland week 2 only on Prime TV, yes.  Michaels and Herbstriet on the games.

Make your plans now.

This will be the first year that Amazon Prime is the exclusive home of "Thursday Night Football" after it had been previously been broadcast by Fox.

Al Michaels, who joins the Amazon booth from NBC, will work call play-by-play for the games with Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN's college football analyst, providing color commentary as the new broadcast duo.

The more important question who do you like tonight?  Bills? Rams?  Rams are dogs at home coming off the SB win?  Say it ain’t so. 

34 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

The more important question who do you like tonight?  Bills? Rams?  Rams are dogs at home coming off the SB win?  Say it ain’t so. 

My gut feel, NOT the Bills.  

19 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Thursday Night Football  week 2  Pittsburgh at Cleveland.....only on Prime ?   Yes.

Make your plans now.

After all of that Amazon Prime BS   "Only on Prime "  I'm watching the game on my local NBC station.

So much for streaming concerns for me.

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ ​​​​​​​Thursday Night Football  Week 2  Pittsburgh at Cleveland.....only on Prime ?   Yes...... MAYBE NOT !
On 9/8/2022 at 12:04 PM, mjp28 said:

Question:  We have a new really nice TV in our family room and a nice tv out on our deck  a 24" TV in the kitchen and living room tv area, a 22" tv on my desk.

So why do I want to stream Amazon Prime to our computers or 10" tablet?   Maybe I'll skip TNF except  the PIT vs CLE game next week.

We've never needed to stream before......I wonder how many others do the same thing ?

The NFL  "money grab"   in all of its green glory.    💲💲💲

Well fortunately, I can stream darn near anything to our relatively new 55" Samsung. You have to have it hooked into your Internet via an ethernet cable or home Wi-Fi though.  If you haven't already, you still have time to rectify that mjp.  

You know what I REALLY don't like about Prime having the exclusive to TNF? (other than you need an Amazon Prime membership to use it?)   You can't record it....  Unless it's going to be archived so you can watch it later. Like Paramount+ and Picard.  

I would be remiss as a Tolkien fanatic not mentioning Amazon's  Lord of the Rings is pretty stupendous.  However, as in Peter Jackson's LOTR movies....  If you happen to be a Loremaster (I'm a minor league one) don't expect the series to exactly follow what JRR wrote in the Silmarillion....  I've already duly noted several major discrepancies... Details on request.  :) 

PS- I've heard rumblings that DirecTV may well eventually go to a streaming mode also. It's way cheaper to stream stuff than maintain a fleet of satellites. It seems to be the way things are headed anyway with providers like Netflix and Hulu already having millions of subscribers.  I believe (haven't checked lately) if you have Verizon as your cellphone provider, they throw in Disney+ for free, that's damn near the entire Disney catalogue.  As a Trekkie, I was forced to subscribe to Paramount+ to watch Picard. Ah, another $5 bucks a month to get the entire Star Trek catalogue.  I really question if Direct will be able to survive minus Sunday Ticket.. Was at the brother-in-laws place last weekend, so I got to check out what you get when you sign up for Hulu.       

• Upvote 1

Wasn't sure where to place this... But!... I will be making "Cleveland Football" themed paracord bracelets and key chains... As soon as I can figure out logistics... I will make them available for sale.. Here's a prototype sample... I need to acquire some Brown paracord... I will also do Military/Veteran themed ones as well with those proceeds going to benefit Veterans charities in the future...

1619122276_BrownsParacordBracelet.thumb.jpg.f475b28d6061b8d9de729f495331a2d2.jpg

TNF Week 1 on my local NBC station.......Week 2 not on anywhere. 

And what about next Week Pittsburgh at Cleveland  ??    Back to Amazon PRIME BS again ?   Ridiculous $$$ grab again. 

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ TNF ★ NEXT WEEK Pittsburgh at Cleveland....only on Prime ? Yes.... MAYBE NOT ! .... *maybe yes again.
3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

TNF Week 1 9n my local NBC station.......Week 2 not on anywhere. 

And what about next Week Pittsburgh at Cleveland  ??    Back to Amazon PRIME BS again ?   Ridiculous $$$ grab again. 

You bet-ya... Prime ONLY... EXCEPT if you're in the Cleveland metro viewing market, then they HAVE to give an OTA station the rights to show it... Unless something has changed that I'm not aware of.  Ditto the Browns upcoming MNF game (ESPN) against the Bengals. 

But as Gumby suggested... Sign up for your 30 day free trial, and after the Browns game drop Prime like a lead balloon. Researching, just stand alone Prime video runs about $7 bucks a month. There's discounts if you're a student, or disabled too.  But they're not giving it away indefinitely for free though.  

Or grab a stream and watch on your laptop.. or Chromecast and throw it to your TV.

One

Two

Three

Be sure to use an adblocker - I'm a fan of uBlock - and you won't get popups.  In 2022, you should also be using a firewall/antivirus program.  I use Bitdefender Total Security because it's the one that uses the least amount of memory.  Also should be doing a scan about every 2 months with the free version [but updated info] of Malwarebytes and use CCleaner to clean your drive if you want.

Here is some more TNF information including Week 1 and others. 

Thursday night gamesEdit

Since 2012, a Thursday night game went into effect during every week of the season with the exception of the final week. Each game is aired on the NFL Network (prior to 2021) Amazon (2022 and on), with the exceptions of the Week 1 NFL Kickoff and Thanksgiving Day games, which are aired on NBC.

The season-kickoff game for the 2012 season was moved up a day — to a Wednesday, in order to avoid conflict with President Barack Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention. Since the NFL tries to avoid scheduling Thursday night games during the season which would require the visiting team to travel more than one time zone (excluding the Week 1 Kickoff),[46] the five teams in the Pacific Time Zone — the Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks — would have more limited scheduling options in years that the AFC West and NFC West divisions don't face each other in interconference play. There have been some notable exceptions: the Kansas City Chiefs, who are based in the Central Time Zone, have played both the Chargers and Raiders on Thursdays; the Rams, who were based in St. Louis until 2015, played against the 49ers in 2013. Since TNF started in 2012, the Dallas Cowboys of the Central Time Zone have occasionally hosted clubs from the Pacific Time Zone on Thanksgiving Day: Dallas hosted the Oakland Raiders in 2013, the Los Angeles Chargers in 2017, and hosted the Las Vegas Raiders in 2021. The Detroit Lions, of the Eastern Time Zone, have not hosted a Mountain or Pacific Time Zone team during this time. Each year since 2014, the Thursday Night game the week after Thanksgiving has featured two teams that played on Thanksgiving, effectively giving both teams a full week of practice rather than the short week that most teams have for a Thursday Night game.

In 2014, CBS had simulcast Thursday night games between Weeks 2–8 and televised one of two Saturday games in Week 16,[47] and each Thursday night game was an intra-division game, except for the Packers–Seahawks Week 1 NBC kickoff and the Cowboys–Bears game in Week 14. The two Saturday games in Week 16 — EaglesRedskins and Chargers–49ers — aired beginning at 4:30 p.m. ET. The 4:30 p.m. ET game was televised by the NFL Network, while the other began shortly after 8:00 p.m. ET, and aired on CBS.

On 9/9/2022 at 4:41 PM, nickers said:

Wasn't sure where to place this... But!... I will be making "Cleveland Football" themed paracord bracelets and key chains... As soon as I can figure out logistics... I will make them available for sale.. Here's a prototype sample... I need to acquire some Brown paracord... I will also do Military/Veteran themed ones as well with those proceeds going to benefit Veterans charities in the future...

1619122276_BrownsParacordBracelet.thumb.jpg.f475b28d6061b8d9de729f495331a2d2.jpg

That is excellent, Nickers. I have a book on making those things. This is one of the first things I ever did - made a break apart necklace for my camp knife, wilderness knife. The beads are wooden - to have shavings to help start a fire.

It's a double braided weave on the necklace.

The orange is better to see in low light, and of course, for the Browns.

image.thumb.jpeg.6001a0672aec82ca3c66ce6fc7231a0c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

That is excellent, Nickers. I have a book on making those things. This is one of the first things I ever did - made a break apart necklace for my camp knife, wilderness knife. The beads are wooden - to have shavings to help start a fire.

It's a double braided weave on the necklace.

The orange is better to see in low light, and of course, for the Browns.

image.thumb.jpeg.6001a0672aec82ca3c66ce6fc7231a0c.jpeg

Yeah I use Orange for both reasons mentioned.. is that a through tang knife? Love the grip you made for that... Also the reason I like Orange.. Like lighters for example,, you lose'em.. Lighter colors are easier to find like Day-Glo 'orange, neon green' etc.

From  506  Sports .......

Week 3 - September 25, 2022

★  Maps will be posted on Wednesday, September 21.

NATIONAL BROADCASTS

• Thursday Night: Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (Amazon)  <---  the big game for us.  September 22, 2022
          also WPXI (NBC 11) Pittsburgh; WEWS (ABC 5) Cleveland
  • Sunday Night: San Francisco @ Denver (NBC)
  • Monday Night: Dallas @ NY Giants (ESPN/ABC)

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ TNF ★ NEXT WEEK Pittsburgh at Cleveland.... Week 3, NATIONAL BROADCAST SCHEDULE