THE BROWNS BOARD

But Seriously, can we get back to actual talking about politics???

calfoxwc

For a long time, jibes get out of control, imho, because of trolling to get desperate people control of narratives, and/or, attention - by attention whores. They do not care that they spout garbage in opposition of whatever was honestly said.

It goes on and on. Of course, it isn't any of MY fault.

haha. Just kidding, just kidding.

But it seems obvious that the left rails against everything being said honestly about what is currently going on. They always have.

We would complain about obaMaocare, and the left slurs "RACIST". Then we get defensive and ridicule that ridiculousness,

and the real discussion of issues disappears.

MAYBE, with 3 of 4 intentional helter-skelter trouble-makers "Gone" - we can ignore the last one, and just talk about politics.

Issues. Solutions. The dangers of some policies that are so destructive - yet are touted as "we have to" because it benefits the left politically.

Like defunding the police. Banning guns. Getting rid of the electoral college. Blowing up the Surpreme Court. Open borders with millions of UNvetted illegals going all over. The skyrocketing and hideous rise in violent crime in big democrat cities. Like hiring 75000 more IRS agents.

We rarely get to talk about the forest (for example - what does all this craziness mean?

Instead, we get slurs, and we respond, and we mock the intentionally belligerent and fake retorts to get the "goat" of conservatives on their side. They thrive on the spawned controversy.

Especially when three of them demand the board be shut down, because they can't control it.

To a bit of a point, our distracted responses are what they want - they say the board is all screwed up, and blame US.

A thousand? + memes to let them know we know they aren't serious - they are just bitching to screw with people - I say that because they don't even TRY for a second to justify/explain why they say things.

if the troublemakers really left to boycott, can we stop acting like they are still here?

Seems like this is a great time to stop meme-ing and arguing with those who thrive on the trouble brewed.

I know - I've been doing it too - I'd just like us all to stop most of it. They don't listen, don't care, and love distracting us.

I'll go work a bit on my survival thread per request.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

What are the righty's policies and ideas, again? I mean other than the culture war bs. The only time I hear from righties is when they are crying about people criticizing Cheetos, attacking something you don't understand and/or dislike, or making up shit about what the "left" wants.

58 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

For a long time, jibes get out of control, imho, because of trolling to get desperate people control of narratives, and/or, attention - by attention whores. They do not care that they spout garbage in opposition of whatever was honestly said.

It goes on and on. Of course, it isn't any of MY fault.

haha. Just kidding, just kidding.

But it seems obvious that the left rails against everything being said honestly about what is currently going on. They always have.

We would complain about obaMaocare, and the left slurs "RACIST". Then we get defensive and ridicule that ridiculousness,

and the real discussion of issues disappears.

MAYBE, with 3 of 4 intentional helter-skelter trouble-makers "Gone" - we can ignore the last one, and just talk about politics.

Issues. Solutions. The dangers of some policies that are so destructive - yet are touted as "we have to" because it benefits the left politically.

Like defunding the police. Banning guns. Getting rid of the electoral college. Blowing up the Surpreme Court. Open borders with millions of UNvetted illegals going all over. The skyrocketing and hideous rise in violent crime in big democrat cities. Like hiring 75000 more IRS agents.

We rarely get to talk about the forest (for example - what does all this craziness mean?

Instead, we get slurs, and we respond, and we mock the intentionally belligerent and fake retorts to get the "goat" of conservatives on their side. They thrive on the spawned controversy.

Especially when three of them demand the board be shut down, because they can't control it.

To a bit of a point, our distracted responses are what they want - they say the board is all screwed up, and blame US.

A thousand? + memes to let them know we know they aren't serious - they are just bitching to screw with people - I say that because they don't even TRY for a second to justify/explain why they say things.

if the troublemakers really left to boycott, can we stop acting like they are still here?

Seems like this is a great time to stop meme-ing and arguing with those who thrive on the trouble brewed.

I know - I've been doing it too - I'd just like us all to stop most of it. They don't listen, don't care, and love distracting us.

I'll go work a bit on my survival thread per request.

case in point already made, I take it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

What are the righty's policies and ideas, again? I mean other than the culture war bs. The only time I hear from righties is when they are crying about people criticizing Cheetos, attacking something you don't understand and/or dislike, or making up shit about what the "left" wants.

So you never heard the right talk about securing the border and Bidens failure? Or being energy efficient?...Biden screwed that up too. Overturning Roe vs. Wade?

Opposition to defunding the police? Opposition to men who think they are women being allowed compete in womens sports. Lower taxes, and opposition to the lefts vision for gun control. 

If indeed the right is void of policies and ideas, it must be because they are too busy fighting the enemy within.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

cartoon-090522-copy.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

A few for starters...

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, FY56 said:

So you never heard the right talk about securing the border and Bidens failure? Or being energy efficient?...Biden screwed that up too. Overturning Roe vs. Wade?

Opposition to defunding the police? Opposition to men who think they are women being allowed compete in womens sports. Lower taxes, and opposition to the lefts vision for gun control. 

If indeed the right is void of policies and ideas, it must be because they are too busy fighting the enemy within.

OK, the border that is one you guy talk about. I guess that is something. I don't give a shit about immigration, not afraid of immigrates. Pissing away a lot of money treating the symptoms instead of the problem. 

Crying about ByDon is not a policy or an idea.

Never heard righty talk about energy efficient, ever. Less gluttony would go a long way to help with energy prices/supply.

You are right about guns. I forgot the "more guns are always the answer to all problems". But you guys already won the battle, anyone can get a gun. You want to make 10 guns per person in the US, instead of 1.2? We are a gun utopia.

The rest of your rant fall under "attacking something you don't understand and/or dislike, or making up shit about what the "left" wants."

35 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

OK, the border that is one you guy talk about. I guess that is something. I don't give a shit about immigration, not afraid of immigrates. Pissing away a lot of money treating the symptoms instead of the problem. 

Never heard righty talk about energy efficient, ever. Less gluttony would go a long way to help with energy prices/supply.

You are right about guns. I forgot the "more guns are always the answer to all problems". But you guys already won the battle, anyone can get a gun. You want to make 10 guns per person in the US, instead of 1.2? We are a gun utopia.

The rest of your rant fall under "attacking something you don't understand and/or dislike, or making up shit about what the "left" wants."

So you are ignorant about all policies not Trump...

3 hours ago, cccjwh said:

My my look who got triggered.

Energy self-sufficient I intended to say, not efficient. 

But by all means please do help me understand. This should be interesting.

A very well thought out post as usual cccp.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

My my look who got triggered.

Energy self-sufficient I intended to say, not efficient. 

But by all means please do help me understand. This should be interesting.

A very well thought out post as usual cccp.

It's great that there is a righty here that is for renewed energy. I didn't think there were any one this board. Congrats.

On 9/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, FY56 said:

Good points.  The bad thing is how did America get so bitterly devisive particularly in the past decade  -but- really accelerated in the last few elections. 

The expential growth of the largely unchecked and out of control  social media   both sides.

Interference from our enemies in Russia, China, Iran and others are contributing to stirring up the pot.

COVID-19  also has played a part in America and worldwide .....and here at home in creating other problems on its own.

I miss healthy debates from both and all others America is not all blue/red.   ATTENTION  !!.   I'm a lifelong steel working Democrat  but  I do see validity on both sides. 

America works best with two healthy parties that will listen (not yell) to others. 

....I'm done now, I will step aside and listen for awhile.   And, always....

GO BROWNS,   a common ground area right ?  With a few steelers voices out there.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, cccjwh said:

It's great that there is a righty here that is for renewed energy. I didn't think there were any one this board. Congrats.

Who may that be?

Being energy self-sufficient...in other words being energy independent... in other words not having to rely on other nations for oil. Get it now?

Aren't you going to help me understand how there can be more than 2 genders? How do you identify btw? I'm curious.

for me "common ground" begins with the need for smaller govt. &  NO invasive policies in our lives

abolish IRS? yes 

abolish the FED? yes

provide for natl / local defense? yes

these are a few - but the overall "health" of our democracy is dependant on a healthy free market economy.

when  we had  a thriving self sustaining energy sector and a growing GDP 

in a guy like DJT who really started out poorly in 2016, came in (with baggage some folks couldnt look past ) - 

provided clarity into the media malfeasance in almost every area -and its shedding light into the swampy BS that 

is currently DC politics,

Didnt stand in the way of inclusion of ALL people groups including (and argueably) lgbt rights, 

but NOT make social policy issues a (front and center)  DISTRACTION over more important majority needs.

So yes - if you long for "politics" of the past where civility and honor were championed and valued - then keep looking

cuz that is LONG gone, the current division built by the biden - obama - clinton - carter admins are the reasons why.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Good points.  The bad thing is how did America get so bitterly devisive particularly in the past decade  -but- really accelerated in the last few elections. 

The expential growth of the largely unchecked and out of control  social media   both sides.

Interference from our enemies in Russia, China, Iran and others are contributing to stirring up the pot.

COVID-19  also has played a part in America and worldwide .....and here at home in creating other problems on its own.

I miss healthy debated from both and all others America is not all blue/red.   ATTENTION  !!.   I'm a lifelong steel working Democrat  but  I do see validity on both sides. 

America works best with two healthy parties that will listen (not yell) to others. 

....I'm done now, I will step aside and listen for awhile.   And, always....

GO BROWNS,   a common ground area right ?  With a few steelers voices out there.

The bitter divisiveness began with Obama. The examples are many. When elected the majority of us stood back and gave him a chance...that perhaps it would take a black man to finally bring about domestic unity and "world peace".  Sadly, it turned out he was who we thought he was.

Trump didn't bring about divisiveness, the left did, including the media. It's always been between those that hate him versus those that support him. And it continues to this day. TDS. Remember, Trump hadn't even become president yet when the campaign to destroy him began...the civil unrest and violence that occurred during his campaign.

Biden is just an extension of his boss Obama. Listen to his last speech.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Then don't say you are for "energy self-sufficient". Renewables are part of being energy self-sufficient. 

I had just explained to exactly what I meant. And you wonder why people pay no attention to you.

Have you ever heard a righty when discussing about being energy independent (self sufficient) also advocate windmills, solar, or electric cars.? Hmmmm?

If you think advocating for renewable energy was implied, then you must have had the wrong impression about righties after all. Right?

Stop digging yourself into a hole. Not thinking things through before replying just so you can generate a response doesn't make you sound inteligent.

synonyms for self-sufficient - Thesaurus.com

independent

1 hour ago, FairHooker11 said:

another FZ tidbit

Frank Zappa.jpg

https://www.aft.org/ae/summer2018/shapiro_brown

1. Only nine states and the District of Columbia require one year of U.S. government or civics, while 30 states require a half year and the other 11 states have no civics requirement. While federal education policy has focused on improving academic achievement in reading and math, this has come at the expense of a broader curriculum. Most states have dedicated insufficient class time to understanding the basic functions of government.11

47 minutes ago, FY56 said:

I had just explained to exactly what I meant. And you wonder why people pay no attention to you.

Have you ever heard a righty when discussing about being energy independent (self sufficient) also advocate windmills, solar, or electric cars.? Hmmmm?

If you think advocating for renewable energy was implied, then you must have had the wrong impression about righties after all. Right?

Stop digging yourself into a hole. Not thinking things through before replying just so you can generate a response doesn't make you sound inteligent.

synonyms for self-sufficient - Thesaurus.com

independent

Renewables are part of being energy self-sufficient. 

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I hate you.

just kidding, lol.

I think I'm going to cry....

Really just kidding,   :lol:    I think that we understand each other and maybe having political differences we do have a good amount of common ground.   Like right to carry, camping,  fishing,  cooking out, gardening to mention a few.

Catch you later.   GO BROWNS  !

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

They probably would be if they were efficient enough to fill the energy needs we presently have.

We would still have to give up a lot of the things we are used to.

That might happen someday.

WSS

but it's so much nonsense to fight our current energy - to go to renewables which are NOT

sufficient - at ALL. That is what is wrong today - the left demands the opposite - renewables and get rid of your current energy NOW.

It's an ulterior motive of control. I don't see any other explanation for it.

• Thanks 1

the hysterical dedication to renewable fuels and against our current energy sources is leftwing political.

Why diss our current energy sources, and push stopping it/ignoring it - to go to energy sources that can't fill the needs?

It just doesn't make sense.

Just an article about the plight of Europe:

sbcglobal.net

Fri, Sep 9 at 10:25 AM

American Energy Alliance

The energy situation in Europe is ugly -- and seems to grow worse by the day.

Europe’s electricity and natural gas prices are skyrocketing, with European electricity prices now at the equivalent of $1,000 per barrel of oil. 

But while it’s easy to blame Russia for Europe’s energy woes, it’s not as though 40 years of American presidents, from Ronald Reagan to Donald Trump, haven’t been warning Europe that it’s dangerous to rely on Russia for energy.   

But the truth is, Europe’s problem isn’t just Russia. In recent decades Europe has placed little value on the reliability of their energy grid, while simultaneously focusing on reducing carbon dioxide emissions. 

And Europe has been successful at reducing carbon dioxide emissions. But the costs this year alone will be immense. For example, the UK’s price cap (the default bill on combined natural gas and electricity bills) has tripled over the past two years, and could double again by next April.  

But let me say it again: Russia isn’t Europe’s only problem. In fact, Russia only invaded Ukraine once it was advantageous for them to do so, after Europe had already weakened itself through increasing dependence on Russian natural gas.

For starters, Europe’s own natural gas production has fallen substantially over the past decade. From 2011 through 2021, European natural gas production fell by over 26 percent but over the same time period natural gas consumption fell by less than 2 percent. The natural result was Europe becoming more dependent on Russian natural gas, despite warnings from the United States.      

And today Europe is paying the prices as businesses are closing -- starting with the petrochemical industry and trickling down to many other businesses as well.  

In the UK, for example, many businesses have expiring energy contracts and are facing massive price increases. Valley Grown Nurseries, a business just north of London which has revenues of just under $6 million, is facing a $17 million energy bill when their current energy contract expires in the next few months.

And it’s not just farms being crippled by massive energy price hikes; the European hospitality industry is also up against a similar struggle. Pubs are looking at energy price increases of 250 percent over last year. It seems reasonable to ask how neighborhood pubs are expected to survive when they need to pay over $115,000 just for electricity and natural gas.

##First#3, Europe’s economic and energy futures are bleak. And to make things worse, it’s doubtful anyone will want to invest in Europe after this energy shock. After all, why would anyone risk capital knowing that Europe is actively pursuing energy policies that got them in this position in the first place?

And lest we start feeling too smug here at home -- unfortunately, the Biden Administration is following Europe’s lead, choking off domestic and North American secure supplies of energy and pushing for more part-time energy sourced in China. 

Clearly, the United States would do well to learn from Europe’s mistakes. As George Santayana -- a European raised in the United States -- famously said, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

We fight for a pro-American energy agenda that fuels our freedom and our way of life, rather than destroying it!

Tom Pyle
President

American Energy Alliance

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

but it's so much nonsense to fight our current energy - to go to renewables which are NOT

sufficient - at ALL. That is what is wrong today - the left demands the opposite - renewables and get rid of your current energy NOW.

It's an ulterior motive of control. I don't see any other explanation for it.

Still there's s*** we can do to lighten the load. I've been preaching this for years replacing every incandescent light in every stadium city office building Highway Church School etc etc with LED. That would massively cut down on the energy consumption it would be better across the board. I realize that's a different issue than completely self-sustaining power but there are things that will help.

On the other hand we have a ton of clean efficient Natural Gas we can use for a lot of things we need.

WSS

• Upvote 2