THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

On 9/12/2022 at 11:09 PM, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Your a moron. The browns destroyed the panthers for 3 quarters. With Watson this would’ve been a blow out. Brissett missed some big throws. The first half the browns left so many points on the board. It’s a fluke the panthers were even in the game. Mayfield played horrible. It’s INSANE the excuses people make for this guy, 

No, it was a fluke bad call that the Browns were able to kick a 58 yard field goal with eight seconds left.

Without a super kicker, the Browns lose. Without the stupid bad call penalty, the Browns lose. The panthers offense played like crap the first half. The Browns dominated most of the game.  Yet, look at the score. Those are simple facts.

17 hours ago, Zombo said:

Dude, if you're rooting against the Browns on this forum you are opening yourself to attack. It's been that way since 1999. Check the name on the door: BROWNS Board. I don't control the coyotes, but I hope they rip your nuts off as long as you are rooting against us.

Z

That's been the story over here for decades. I bow to senior member Zombo. And I've pretty much stayed out of this particular discussion.

But Cal, you should have bet a few tomatoes on the Panthers.

Spred was 2.5. 

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

it's about the trade. I will not support it by ignoring it. THIS garbage is the end of the total traditional avid Browns support.

I don't/won't support them much anymore. It's about THE TRADE. I have too much honor about myself than to continue to support and believe in the Browns like I always have for decades and decades. It's no wonder so many have left this board.

The Cleveland Browns made headlines when they were able to pull off a trade with the Houston Texans for quarterback Deshaun Watson, but it also looks like the Browns also made some folks angry in ...
The Browns just announced things on Twitter, but to say plenty of their fans are upset would be an understatement. Watson had more than 20 women come out and accuse him of sexual assault, though ...
The Cleveland Browns made headlines when they were able to pull off a trade with the Houston Texans for quarterback Deshaun Watson, but it also looks like the Browns also made some folks angry in ...
Angry Browns Fans Jumping on Bills Bandwagon After Watson Trade. Getty Deshaun Watson #4 of the Houston Texan. A controversial and shocking move for the Cleveland Browns could now help to grow the ...
Mar 21, 2022F rom a football-only perspective, the winner of the Cleveland Browns-Houston Texans blockbuster trade for Deshaun Watson is worthy of debate. The Texans shipped the 26-year-old quarterback to the ...

After over a year of speculation, Deshaun Watson has finally been traded to the Cleveland Browns. The Saints & Falcons were rumored to be finalists...but the...
The Browns will receive Watson and a 2024 sixth-round draft choice (which was originally a fifth-round pick), while the Texans will receive a 2022 first-round pick (No. 13 overall), 2023 and 2024 ...
Modified 10 Jun 2022. Cleveland Browns fans should be held accountable for the team's decision to trade for quarterback Deshaun Watson, according to Stephen A. Smith. On ESPN's First Take, Smith ...
Some angry Browns fans are vowing to quit rooting for the team due to the Watson trade over his sexual assault lawsuits. Read more BroBible sports articles here. Some Browns fans are not happy with the team's big move. On Friday, the Cleveland Browns traded for Deshaun Watson and gave him a massive $230 million fully guaranteed contract.
The Browns just announced things on Twitter, but to say plenty of their fans are upset would be an understatement. Watson had more than 20 women come out and accuse him of sexual assault, though ...
The Browns are never going to live down trading for Watson, to whom they immediately gave a five-year, fully guaranteed contract extension. They groveled at such volume, oozed such desperation ...
Deshaun Watson has been traded to the Cleveland Browns...and the fanbase is on fire. Subscribe!YouTube Membership: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg6jOxpPC...
Josie Brandt is a 33-year-old lifelong Browns fan introduced to the team by a father who played college football. She wanted nothing to do with Watson, who she knew was only in play for the Browns ...
The Cleveland Browns are nervously awaiting the NFL's decision on Deshaun Watson. As each day goes by, the fanbase loses faith in ownership. However, when the trade for Watson was first made, ownership thought he could become the future of the team. But nearly four months later, the trade has proven to be a disaster for the franchise.
The Cleveland Browns have spoken. Or typed. Co-owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam turned to Twitter to issue their own version of how things went down with the Deshaun Watson trade. Ditto Browns general ...

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out then.

it's about the trade. I will not support it by ignoring it. THIS garbage is the end of the total traditional avid Browns support.

I don't/won't support them much anymore. It's about THE TRADE. I have too much honor about myself than to continue to support and believe in the Browns like I always have for decades and decades. It's no wonder so many have left this board.

Angry Browns Fans Jumping on Bills Bandwagon After Watson Trade. Getty Deshaun Watson #4 of the Houston Texan. A controversial and shocking move for the Cleveland Browns could now help to grow the ...
Mar 21, 2022F rom a football-only perspective, the winner of the Cleveland Browns-Houston Texans blockbuster trade for Deshaun Watson is worthy of debate. The Texans shipped the 26-year-old quarterback to the ...

After over a year of speculation, Deshaun Watson has finally been traded to the Cleveland Browns. The Saints & Falcons were rumored to be finalists...but the...
The Browns will receive Watson and a 2024 sixth-round draft choice (which was originally a fifth-round pick), while the Texans will receive a 2022 first-round pick (No. 13 overall), 2023 and 2024 ...
Modified 10 Jun 2022. Cleveland Browns fans should be held accountable for the team's decision to trade for quarterback Deshaun Watson, according to Stephen A. Smith. On ESPN's First Take, Smith ...
Some angry Browns fans are vowing to quit rooting for the team due to the Watson trade over his sexual assault lawsuits. Read more BroBible sports articles here. Some Browns fans are not happy with the team's big move. On Friday, the Cleveland Browns traded for Deshaun Watson and gave him a massive $230 million fully guaranteed contract.
The Browns are never going to live down trading for Watson, to whom they immediately gave a five-year, fully guaranteed contract extension. They groveled at such volume, oozed such desperation ...
Deshaun Watson has been traded to the Cleveland Browns...and the fanbase is on fire. Subscribe!YouTube Membership: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg6jOxpPC...
Josie Brandt is a 33-year-old lifelong Browns fan introduced to the team by a father who played college football. She wanted nothing to do with Watson, who she knew was only in play for the Browns ...
The Cleveland Browns are nervously awaiting the NFL's decision on Deshaun Watson. As each day goes by, the fanbase loses faith in ownership. However, when the trade for Watson was first made, ownership thought he could become the future of the team. But nearly four months later, the trade has proven to be a disaster for the franchise.
The Cleveland Browns have spoken. Or typed. Co-owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam turned to Twitter to issue their own version of how things went down with the Deshaun Watson trade. Ditto Browns general ...

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

No, I just predicted a panther win, and ALSO lol, said or maybe the opposite would happen.

You don't know me, but this hostility towards anyone you can figure isn't making you feel like a BB god, has ruined this board for several folks who have left.

I've never said one thing about anyone else having any opinion about anything like you all do.

And, I AM a Browns fan, but like Jim Thome and his Wife, I would have cancelled my season tickets if I had had them, and it disgusts me....and a few haters of anything and everything aren't going to change that, and no, you do not "rule the roost".

I will never go to another game until your sex symbol watson is gone. The trade was sleazier than anything I have ever seen in sports anywhere. I just can't ignore it - you can, but then, that's you.

Cal, you've known me for more than 20 years. What happens when someone comes into my This Week thread and picks against the Browns and says "they deserve to get their heads slapped off their shoulders?"

I go after them.

And if we win? I punish them unless they take the loss like man.

You're that guy this week. You said those things. You picked against us and You said we deserved to lose. 

So fuck you, buddy. I haven't changed since 1999. You're the one that crossed over. You can man up about it, or you can continue to whine and catch my bitch-slapping hand, or you can leave this thread with your tail between your legs. There's three choices for ya.

As for Watson, I have clearly stated my repulsion for him. But he's one guy. I root for 55. If you think I'm turning my back on Myles Garrett,  Nick Chubb, and 50-some other Browns players I have rooted for from Day One because of one trade for one guy ... No. Never. I was wild with glee on Sunday for my Browns. Sorry you couldn't enjoy it because of your hang-ups, but this is a Victory Week, and you're not getting away with your horseshit in this thread this week.

Z

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Cal, you've known me for more than 20 years. What happens when someone comes into my This Week thread and picks against the Browns and says "they deserve to get their heads slapped off their shoulders?"I go after them.And if we win? I punish them unless they take the loss like man.You're that guy this week. You said those things. You picked against us and You said we deserved to lose. 

So fuck you, buddy. I haven't changed since 1999. You're the one that crossed over. You can man up about it, or you can continue to whine and catch my bitch-slapping hand, or you can leave this thread with your tail between your legs. There's three choices for ya.As for Watson, I have clearly stated my repulsion for him. But he's one guy. I root for 55. If you think I'm turning my back on Myles Garrett,  Nick Chubb, and 50-some other Browns players I have rooted for from Day One because of one trade for one guy ... No. Never. I was wild with glee on Sunday for my Browns. Sorry you couldn't enjoy it because of your hang-ups, but this is a Victory Week, and you're not getting away with your horseshit in this thread this week.

Z

Yet you don't know me. We met at a tailgate once. I have said that I still love the Browns players. I've told friends that every time we talk.  I never talk to you as a friend. Never met you. I just posted about Garrett - said he was awesome, and said he was the top pass rusher in the NFL. Go go hump your perverted sex symbol watson all you want. I have not dissed one Browns player once. Not once. I won't. but watson is not a player, he's suspended for months, may actually never play.

I deal with facts, and my own sometimes dumb appraisals. . You deal with your "violent" ? ego. But nobody is perfect, even though your perverted drunken friend should attend AAA meetings.

I'll dang good and well have my sometimes stupid opinions, but at least I am a man who will do mock drafts ahead of the draft, and actually post them and lol be mostly wrong.

I am delighted the Browns won their first opener. I'm delighted for all of us.

The Browns defense was awesome - the quote by Baker/ whether or not he said that - helped them be sky high.  I don't believe the panthers were ready for game one - no matter who they played.....their offense was a disaster, and the game plan was predictable and ill advised.

It should be noted, since you came out out into sunshine - Baker had a disastrous first half and then some, then their offense started to click. Baker was brilliant the fourth quarter. The Browns would have won big if Baker was still here, and your pervert qb hero was elsewhere.

You aren't taking this win like a man, so I think you will really be uhappy and a poor sport when the Browns lose. When that happens, I will be here. We will continue this later. heh heh heh.....

I notice you are a lot more decent in your hate - you sobered up in your old age, didn't ya? Too bad someone else hasn't.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Yet you don't know me. We met at a tailgate once. I have said that I still love the Browns players. I've told friends that every time we talk.  I never talk to you as a friend. Never met you. I just posted about Garrett - said he was awesome, and said he was the top pass rusher in the NFL. Go go hump your perverted sex symbol watson all you want. I have not dissed one Browns player once. Not once. I won't. but watson is not a player, he's suspended for months, may actually never play.

I deal with facts, and my own sometimes dumb appraisals. . You deal with your "violent" ? ego. But nobody is perfect, even though your perverted drunken friend should attend AAA meetings.

I'll dang good and well have my sometimes stupid opinions, but at least I am a man who will do mock drafts ahead of the draft, and actually post them and lol be mostly wrong.

I am delighted the Browns won their first opener. I'm delighted for all of us.

The Browns defense was awesome - the quote by Baker/ whether or not he said that - helped them be sky high.  I don't believe the panthers were ready for game one - no matter who they played.....their offense was a disaster, and the game plan was predictable and ill advised.

It should be noted, since you came out out into sunshine - Baker had a disastrous first half and then some, then their offense started to click. Baker was brilliant the fourth quarter. The Browns would have won big if Baker was still here, and your pervert qb hero was elsewhere.

You aren't taking this win like a man, so I think you will really be uhappy and a poor sport when the Browns lose. When that happens, I will be here. We will continue this later. heh heh heh.....

I notice you are a lot more decent in your hate - you sobered up in your old age, didn't ya? Too bad someone else hasn't.

Lol, I haven't "sobered up" nor did I need to. Nor do I "hate". Plenty of that in the Poli Board, I'm good, thanks. I don't know who my "perverted drunken friend" is, but you certainly like to call everyone a pervert. Usually the sign of a pervert.

The Facts are:

1. You said the Browns "deserve to get their heads knocked off their shoulders" week one.

2. You predicted a Panther win.

#2 is fine. You were 100% wrong, but you took a stab at it. All I ask is for losers is to come back and take their medicine, because I'm here every week, win or lose.

#1 is rooting against the Browns. That's what you did. That's what you wanted. Doesn't matter how you paint it now. This is where it is expected that people man up. But your track record says otherwise. It says you'll never admit you openly, and privately, rooted against the Browns, you'll just keep going in circles and post a bunch of articles about the trade that no one in the history of the Browns Board has ever clicked on. Steeler fans have more integrity.

But I don't play the exhausting game Cal. I'll just delete your next post and lock the thread.

Browns win

Calfox loses 

The End

Z

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Lol, I haven't "sobered up" nor did I need to. Nor do I "hate". Plenty of that in the Poli Board, I'm good, thanks. I don't know who my "perverted drunken friend" is, but you certainly like to call everyone a pervert. Usually the sign of a pervert.

The Facts are:

1. You said the Browns "deserve to get their heads knocked off their shoulders" week one.

2. You predicted a Panther win.

#2 is fine. You were 100% wrong, but you took a stab at it. All I ask is for losers is to come back and take their medicine, because I'm here every week, win or lose.

#1 is rooting against the Browns. That's what you did. That's what you wanted. Doesn't matter how you paint it now. This is where it is expected that people man up. But your track record says otherwise. It says you'll never admit you openly, and privately, rooted against the Browns, you'll just keep going in circles and post a bunch of articles about the trade that no one in the history of the Browns Board has ever clicked on. Steeler fans have more integrity.

But I don't play the exhausting game Cal. I'll just delete your next post and lock the thread.

Browns win

Calfox loses 

The End

Z

For the record Z, Mr. Frosty Root beer tea toataler was referring to my preference for grape juice of the fermented variety. OTOH, he drinks a ton of Orange Kool-Aid, if you know what I mean.  

Trying his classic spin, deflect, deny, whataboutism "I never said that" too...  May as well throw in he has a humongous case of selective morality regarding Watson.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2022 at 4:56 PM, Zombo said:

Dude, if you're rooting against the Browns on this forum you are opening yourself to attack. It's been that way since 1999. Check the name on the door: BROWNS Board. I don't control the coyotes, but I hope they rip your nuts off as long as you are rooting against us.

Z

I think that is 100% true for anyone who openly roots against the BROWNS here on The BROWNS BOARD  period.

Didn't we used to (still do) call them trolls or whatever.   It's a sure fire way to stir up an ongoing argument. 

So  GO BROWNS.....baby,  just win !

I wanted the FO and the sleazy haslams to get what they deserve - "heads blocked off their shoulders".

I didn't openly root against the Browns, I just would be happy if they lost their first game playing against Baker. But I still wanted them to win, except I wanted Baker to have a great game and win.

See? It is not that complicated that your drunken buddy who wants to kiss watson's butt to be his masseuse never understands anything about anything said, nor anything he burps out on the board.

It's a huge problem, Zombo.

Next game, I am completely non-confused - I'll be rooting for the Browns as usual.

But I WILL be rooting for the Browns to loose to every team they play with your watson nutbag at qb.

There. That should clear that up.

Have a nice hostile Zombo day.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

For the record Z, Mr. Frosty Root beer tea toataler was referring to my preference for grape juice of the fermented variety. OTOH, he drinks a ton of Orange Kool-Aid, if you know what I mean.  

Trying his classic spin, deflect, deny, whataboutism "I never said that" too...  May as well throw in he has a humongous case of selective morality regarding Watson.  

Selective morality? Well if it ain't my old Pals pot and kettle.

WSS 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Selective morality? Well if it ain't my old Pals pot and kettle.

WSS 

I'll leave the politics out of it Steve, BUT exactly how many times do I have to repeat my position regarding Watson's past behavior was clearly he's pretty sleazy. OTOH, somebody here likes to think regarding someone else "well, that's all in the past so it's OK".  What a pile of horseshit. Hypocrisy to the nth degree.  Someone likes to call me a troll elsewhere well- using the same yardstick, he's trolling here.  I'd suggest YOU tell him to cool it. 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I wanted the FO and the sleazy haslams to get what they deserve - "heads blocked off their shoulders".

I didn't openly root against the Browns, I just would be happy if they lost their first game playing against Baker. But I still wanted them to win, except I wanted Baker to have a great game and win.

See? It is not that complicated that your drunken buddy who wants to kiss watson's butt to be his masseuse never understands anything about anything said, nor anything he burps out on the board.

It's a huge problem, Zombo.

Next game, I am completely non-confused - I'll be rooting for the Browns as usual.

But I WILL be rooting for the Browns to loose to every team they play with your watson nutbag at qb.

There. That should clear that up.

Have a nice hostile Zombo day.

FWIW, don't put words in my mouth Cal.  The above is doubletalk psychobabble, I'd expect nothing less. As Z posted earlier- you brought the hostility on yourself, so don't try and play the innocent victim card.  RE: the Bold: Sorry, then you're not a fan, if you'd rather see the Browns not win because of one player you don't like. And I can guarantee you damn near every other Board member here will agree with my POV. 

FWIW, you can call me whatever you want to elsewhere- but keep calling me a drunk on this Forum, you're going to start getting warning points. Zombo had zero class? People who live in glass houses shouldn't start throwing stones- or names- around.   Being a Moderator prevents me from calling you a name that would fit what you're spewing. 

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll leave the politics out of it Steve, BUT exactly how many times do I have to repeat my position regarding Watson's past behavior was clearly he's pretty sleazy. OTOH, somebody here likes to think regarding someone else "well, that's all in the past so it's OK".  What a pile of horseshit. Hypocrisy to the nth degree.  Someone likes to call me a troll elsewhere well- using the same yardstick, he's trolling here.  I'd suggest YOU tell him to cool it. 

I think you fuckers should cool it with the politics over here.

I think everybody has stated their opinion on Watson. I think he's a scumbag, a liar, a predator etc but probably not an actual criminal. I wish the POS wasn't the face of my team. Your mileage may vary.

(even though I might have hate the deal/move I at least wouldn't be disgusted if it had been Aaron Rodgers Russell Wilson or Matt Ryan Etc)d

For the record I've known you for years I would prefer to think that your burning obsession with guys you don't agree with is due to Cabernet rather than actual mental illness.

Anybody that actively roots against Cleveland Browns here is going to get shit ESPECIALLY from Z. Nothing I plan to do about it.

(Just like when people were rooting for them to lose so Bill Belichick would get fired because he benched a fan favorite. Or cheering when a Browns quarterback was hurt.)

WSS

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

but THIS TRADE - I do not accept it. Flat out, No bs.

Lots of folks feel that way. As fans, not much we can do. Don't go to the games is about it.

I just can't do that, hopelessly addicted. I'll be there Sunday, looking for a 2-0 start.

Manziel, Justin Gilbert, Andre Rison, Warfield trade, Byner trade, etc, the list is long.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

FWIW, don't put words in my mouth Cal.  The above is doubletalk psychobabble, I'd expect nothing less. As Z posted earlier- you brought the hostility on yourself, so don't try and play the innocent victim card.  RE: the Bold: Sorry, then you're not a fan, if you'd rather see the Browns not win because of one player you don't like. And I can guarantee you damn near every other Board member here will agree with my POV. 

FWIW, you can call me whatever you want to elsewhere- but keep calling me a drunk on this Forum, you're going to start getting warning points. Zombo had zero class? People who live in glass houses shouldn't start throwing stones- or names- around.   Being a Moderator prevents me from calling you a name that would fit what you're spewing. 

Who made you the judge?  I don't agree with Cals take.  I felt as most did that the statement he was trying to make was a tad extreme.  But he is still entitled to make it. An extreme move by the Browns was met by an "extreme" (in your book) reaction.

That said, you know goddamn well Cal has been and avid and passionate Browns fan all his life. Neither you nor anyone else sitting atop your perches of Browns fan superiority have any business judging or questioning Cals fandom because of the way he chose to express his disdain over the Watson deal. He and he alone is entitled to make the decision to abandon his team. Only until then can we say bye-bye and show him the door.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• Zombo locked this topic
2 hours ago, FY56 said:

Who made you the judge?  I don't agree with Cals take.  I felt as most did that the statement he was trying to make was a tad extreme.  But he is still entitled to make it. An extreme move by the Browns was met by an "extreme" (in your book) reaction.

That said, you know goddamn well Cal has been and avid and passionate Browns fan all his life. Neither you nor anyone else sitting atop your perches of Browns fan superiority have any business judging or questioning Cals fandom because of the way he chose to express his disdain over the Watson deal. He and he alone is entitled to make the decision to abandon his team. Only until then can we say bye-bye and show him the door.

I see Z locked the thread... But I feel entitled to have the last word. 

OK, let me ask you...  What supposed "fan" hopes his team loses because he doesn't like a particular player? Pretty unheard of if you ask me. Cal can have his opinion about Watson, fine.  In his hatred of Deshaun he happens to be conveniently ignoring there's dozens of high character guys on the BROWNS like Nick Chubb and Joel Bitonio that he'd rather see lose right along with him. Hoping your team loses = abandoning them, sorry but that's the way it is. I also happen to have the opinion, you're not much of a fan anymore if that's your attitude. 

PS- Plenty of Cleveland fans turned in their fan cards when the Watson deal went down. Cal should do the same- he said he was leaving... Guess not. :) 

I am personally not in favor of locking threads when somebody gets pissed off. That said it's Z's thread so I'm not going to unlock it.

Just for the record those of you that hate Cal because you don't like his politics should f*** yourselves and take it where it belongs.

I have been friends with Zombo for decades and in the rare occurrence we are blessed to spend time with each other I can't remember once discussing politics with the guy.

WSS

• Thanks 1

I locked the thread because I'm done with it and it's almost time to start this week's thread. Cal & Larry are welcome to carry on their personal spat elsewhere.

Hope someone roots for the Jets this week, that was fun. I miss trolls.

Z

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

I locked the thread because I'm done with it and it's almost time to start this week's thread. Cal & Larry are welcome to carry on their personal spat elsewhere.

Hope someone roots for the Jets this week, that was fun. I miss trolls.

Z

For the record I was rooting for Baker not the Carolina Panthers. One game one time. Fuck the Jets.

I figure anybody rooting for the Jets probably already left the board.

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

For the record I was rooting for Baker not the Carolina Panthers. One game one time. Fuck the Jets.

I figure anybody rooting for the Jets probably already left the board.

WSS

Steve.. At the risk of extending the festivities.   Are you aware of HOW I became a Moderator in the first place?  Regarding the Jets. It's now 1AM.  I worked second shift for over 30 years. Way back around 2AM some pissed off Jets fan- after we beat them- thought it would be way funny if he posed some pretty disgusting porn on the board in that time frame. And there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it then.  So I became (with all due respects to Tom Morello) I became the Night Watchman around here.  Still on patrol.  :)  

• Thanks 1

For the Love of God, ladies, the thread is closed. I'll be starting a new one soon. In the meantime, Steve's idea of a Coffee Klatch for those who want to continue sharpen their claws on off the field issues is a fine idea.

Z

• Thanks 1