THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Haden Signs Contract With The Browns

Canton Dawg

That's classy of Joe... And of the Browns... Joe's heart bleeds Cleveland.. He's a great kid... He had his short comings for a DB... But he balled out... Or... This is a bad joke?

1 hour ago, nickers said:

That's classy of Joe... And of the Browns... Joe's heart bleeds Cleveland.. He's a great kid... He had his short comings for a DB... But he balled out... Or... This is a bad joke?

I think he was pretty good, but wanted out, so he may have faked the concussions. He truly seemed to like Cleveland though.

The Browns' secondary always seems to be the most unhealthy unit on the team. Really bizzare.

Classy move Joe Haden..

Never liked losing good draft picks like Joe Haden or Alex Mack/ while never investing in a real QB either.

Sure, Haden saw some injuries.. But he also saw many WR1's with new rule changes, that only favored the offense.. I hated reading, Alex Mack retired as a 49'er... 

Glad #23 Joe Haden did us right today.. Welcome back Joe & good luck in your football retirement     

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

I like him...but he is just an average football player...no playoff wins..nothing special compared to others in his position...lets not try to turn chickenshit into chicken salad.

He was a good player and he's got a good heart... Let's leave it at that...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Good to see #23 back in the house today.. 👀

Browns CB MJ Emerson on Joe Haden:
Growing up in Florida, I was a Florida Gators fan ... He’s a big influence on me playing cornerback.
A lot of people don’t know but I looked up to Joe Haden.
Haden: Stuff like that makes me feel good. I just want to hug him.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Good to see #23 back in the house today.. 👀

Browns CB MJ Emerson on Joe Haden:
Growing up in Florida, I was a Florida Gators fan ... He’s a big influence on me playing cornerback.
A lot of people don’t know but I looked up to Joe Haden.
Haden: Stuff like that makes me feel good. I just want to hug him.

I always thought he was a good player and a good fit in Cleveland.    I'm now glad to see him again. 

Hey Joe, enjoy your retirement  !

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I always thought he was a good player

He was a good player.  He just wasn't great.  And being drafted as high as he was, and what he was being paid, people expect 'great'.  And then when you're not great, then being a good, solid player is not good enough.  Its the way it is now, in the times of BIG money.  I'm glad that he came back to us to retire...even though some of us sent him out of town with a 'don't let the door hit you in the ass' kind of sentiment.  

You were a good, solid player Joe Haden.  

11 hours ago, Orion said:

He was a good player.  He just wasn't great.  And being drafted as high as he was, and what he was being paid, people expect 'great'.  And then when you're not great, then being a good, solid player is not good enough.  Its the way it is now, in the times of BIG money.  I'm glad that he came back to us to retire...even though some of us sent him out of town with a 'don't let the door hit you in the ass' kind of sentiment.  

You were a good, solid player Joe Haden.  

I always thought he definitely didn’t live up to where he was drafted, or his contract 

It always seemed if the other team needed a big play, they went right at him. And I know he was on the other teams best wr mostly, but the good to great cb’s shut down that guy. Joe just never seemed to do that 

• Upvote 1