a 2nd

a 3rd

two 4th's

two 5th's

a 6th

and a 7th

plus any compensatory picks which are tradeable now

so quit being bitter about getting a franchise Q.B

We don't have one yet. When we do I might tip my hat to you. Maybe you are right and all the quality players we have will take less money so they can bask in his glory.

Or...

Maybe they will grab a job that pays a dollar more.

WSS

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

On the other hand it's not a bad idea.

Nah, It's a bad idea to build a team around a backup anything.  What they did was build their backup QB's around their starter.

If you guys haven't watched Watson highlights in a while, I suggest you do so. It's absolutely insane. He's so much faster than I remember and he has the super quick release. 

On 11/5/2022 at 12:51 AM, jiggins7919 said:

If you guys haven't watched Watson highlights in a while, I suggest you do so. It's absolutely insane. He's so much faster than I remember and he has the super quick release. 

See ya in 4 weeks...

6 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

See ya in 4 weeks...

This is a general reply. Ber4y was right about Baker. I pray he is right about Watson so I agree, see ya in 4 weeks.

Having some pain tonight, 3 AM, took 3 long Island ic3d teas and 3 shots of Zacapa XO and I am first class fucked up right now.

My issue is temporary, but fuck it's a motherfucker. More painful is the Browns are seldom on TV in Memphis. So a cigar, Sirius and the backyard it is for me....if I get up in time.

Fuck anyone who is not a Browns fan.

• 2 weeks later...

No JB Curtain Call here...

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/11/jacoby-brissett-has-done-more-than-his-share-this-season-and-has-proven-hes-an-nfl-starter-mary-kay-cabot.html

Well said MKC !

JB has to be excited to be facing Tom Brady this Sunday...

The off season.. Trade him or Pay him ? should have come with better results.. JB's been a real Pro

The Question remains... Who do they try to slide to PS QB next Week?

Dobbs or Mond?  🤔 

(one spot left on PS)    

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The Question remains... Who do they try to slide to PS QB next Week?

Dobbs or Mond?  🤔 

We haven't gotten to see Mond have we?

Before the season started I felt that we were screwed because we had to play with Jacoby Brissett as our QB.  And now we know that we were, in fact screwed.  But not because of the QB.  I doubt Baker would've done much better. 

On 11/5/2022 at 12:51 AM, jiggins7919 said:

That would be from two years or more ago right?   Two years.  I'm doubtful that he will be looking fantastic out there on the field.  I'm expecting him to look confused out there.  But hey, it'll be the start of the 2023 pre-season....next week.  This week we'll be out to make the Buc's look like a powerhouse rushing team.  :)

Before anyone closes this thread:

Jacoby Brissett came into the league as Tom Brady's backup.  Today, Jacoby Brissett started the game and defeated Tom Brady.   How does it feel Jacoby!?  Congrats!!!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Orion said:

Jacoby Brissett came into the league as Tom Brady's backup.  Today, Jacoby Brissett started the game and defeated Tom Brady.   How does it feel Jacoby!?  Congrats!!!

In Jacoby's words.. "No disrespect, But that was fucking awesome"

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Coyote said:

Jacoby played better than anyone expected in most of the games he started.   Had our defense and special teams played as well as he did we would be in the drivers seat for the division.

Brissett should be held in high esteem for being a professional and playing well in almost every game. There are flaws in his game, there's a reason why he's a borderline starter and not someone you roll with for years, but he put the Browns in position to be in good shape when Watson took over. He did his job admirably.

Unfortunately, the rest of the team didn't, or they'd be sitting at 6-5 or 7-4. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Orion said:

well, Bissett played terrific - within his own long ball limitations. The key to the Browns' passing offense, is Amari Cooper.

The goat lost his magic when Gronk retired, and Evans got hurt. Their offense didn't work. Brady kept having nobody to throw to Emerson's uncalled PI's didn't help. And I thought Njoku pushed off on his TD, but it went uncalled, probably because of the defender deserving it - whatever.

The Browns played proud. The watson trade was not necessary, just my opinion - you watch.

7 hours ago, Coyote said:

Jacoby played better than anyone expected in most of the games he started.   Had our defense and special teams played as well as he did we would be in the drivers seat for the division.

Hey Coyote,  what new with you ?

No doubt about that if he had a little help from his friends in just some key moments in a few games we'd be discussing playoff seedings   -not-   draft picks.  

Now it's up to DW to play miracle worker to eek the BROWNS back into the AFCN  top spot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Emerson's uncalled PI's didn't help

umm...who's side are you on?  

...and he was called for a PI.  ...and he got hurt a time or two...and he came back in and played....and he totaled 4 passes defended....nobody else on either team had more than 2.  He had a heck of a game, for a rookie.  I'm glad to see that he's improving as the season wears on....he seems to be turning into a veteran...

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

...and he was called for a PI.  ...and he got hurt a time or two...and he came back in and played....and he totaled 4 passes defended....nobody else on either team had more than 2.  He had a heck of a game, for a rookie.  I'm glad to see that he's improving as the season wears on....he seems to be turning into a veteran...

Nothing says someone who was thrilled that the Browns won like a guy who then comes on here and details how the Browns got away with penalties. 😁

As always on this board, consider the source. 

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nothing says someone who was thrilled that the Browns won like a guy who then comes on here and details how the Browns got away with penalties. 😁

As always on this board, consider the source. 

Hey I'd rather bad calls broke our way than for the opposition..

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/24/2022 at 10:08 PM, Orion said:

That would be from two years or more ago right?   Two years.  I'm doubtful that he will be looking fantastic out there on the field.  I'm expecting him to look confused out there.  But hey, it'll be the start of the 2023 pre-season....next week.  This week we'll be out to make the Buc's look like a powerhouse rushing team.  :)

Well, the first drive definitely had me thinking that we're going to give up a 1000 yards on the ground, but we locked it down. I couldn't believe it. As far as Watson, I definitely expect him to be rusty AF, but I also think Stefanski will have a game plan simple enough for him to execute. Playing the worst team in the league certainly helps, A LOT. Think about 3rd and medium. The defense HAS to respect the qb run EVERY time. That's a lot to handle. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Orion said:

LOL just being honest. Look here at the number of penalties. Emerson is the #1 defensive player with the most penalties at #4 overall, followed by Delpit and Ward.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties-player.html?tm=8

• Haha 1