THE BROWNS BOARD

★ 2023 GUARDIANS SCHEDULE and a *special introduction to the 2023 SEASON ★ 

mjp28

★ 2023 GUARDIANS SCHEDULE  and a *special  introduction to the 2023 SEASON  ★ 

* Hello again Guardians fans and welcome to another season of GUARDIANS baseball.   ( With best regards to the incredible Bob Uecher,  Born: January 26, 1934 (age 88 years), Milwaukee, WI  and many more.  And to Major League  fans everywhere.  Uecker's tenure as a Brewers broadcaster (51 years as of the 2022 season) is the third-longest continuous tenure with one team among active Major League Baseball announcers, trailing only those of the Los Angeles Dodgers' Spanish-language broadcaster Jaime Jarrín (1959–present) and Kansas City Royals broadcaster Denny ... )

And YES your questions and comments are welcome.          Information below from FOX TV 8  (see the active links below) :

NEW YORK (AP/WJW) — Every major league team will play each other in the same season for the first time next year as the sport switches to its first balanced schedule since 2000.

As a result of the format switch agreed to in the March lockout settlement, high-profile games between division rivals such as Yankees-Red Sox, Dodgers-Giants and Cubs-Cardinals will be reduced from 19. Intradivision games will drop from 47% to 32%.

A team will host all of the other 29 clubs at least once every two seasons.

“I think it’s great for the fans,” Mets manager Buck Showalter said. “I’m so tired of playing the same people.”

Major League Baseball said Wednesday it will open the 2023 season on March 30 and again will try to have every team start on the same day, which last occurred in 1968.

A team will play 13 games against each division rival for a total of 52 and six or seven against each other club in its league for a total of 64. The remaining 46 games are against interleague opponents: a home and road two-game series against a so-called natural rival and a single three-game series against each of the 14 other clubs in the opposite league.   

“This new format creates more common opponents, both in the division and among your league opponents, so that typically when you’re competing for the wild card, there’s a much higher percentage of common opponents across divisions,” said Chris Marinak, MLB’s chief operations and strategy officer. “And we think that equity is good for the competition on the field.

“On the marketing side, we think that the new schedule gives our fans more opponents at home, so they get to see a broader array of clubs in their ballpark,” Marinak said. “And probably more importantly, it gives us a chance for our star players to get exposure more nationally and be seen in more places throughout the season.”

The American League used a balanced schedule from 1977-2000 and the National League from 1993-2000, with interleague play starting in 1997 and limited to 15-18 games per season for each team. Then-Commissioner Bud Selig had pushed for a return to an unbalanced schedule.

AL openers have Baltimore at Boston, the Chicago White Sox at Houston, Minnesota at Kansas City, the Los Angeles Angels at Oakland, Cleveland at Seattle and Detroit at Tampa Bay.   

The Cleveland Guardians’ home opener is then being played versus the Mariners on April 7.

NL openers are Milwaukee at the Chicago Cubs, Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, Arizona at the Los Angeles Dodgers, the New York Mets at Miami, Colorado at San Diego and Atlanta at Washington.

Interleague openers have San Francisco at the New York Yankees, Toronto at St. Louis and Philadelphia at Texas.

Other home openers are the Giants at the White Sox and the Mets at Milwaukee on April 3; San Diego at Atlanta, the Dodgers at Arizona, the Yankees at Baltimore, Boston at Detroit, Houston at Minnesota, Miami at the Mets and Cincinnati at Philadelphia on April 6, and Seattle at Cleveland, Washington at Colorado, Toronto at the Angels, the White Sox at Pittsburgh and Kansas City at San Francisco on April 7.  

The schedule usually is updated with game times during the winter.

Next year’s start is the earliest since 2019. The season will revert to 186 days from the 182 it was shortened to this year due to the lockout.

The Guardians 2022 season continues to be exciting, with the team currently at the top of the American League Central Division.

See the full 2023 Guardians schedule below: ----->  continued in the link ----->

2023 Cleveland GUARDIANS  Schedule notable games.

While the Guardians battle to extend their season into the postseason this October, the schedule for the 2023 season has been announced.

The Guardians will open the season  March 30 in Seattle  to face the Mariners on Opening Day. The home opener is set for April 7, also against the Mariners, at Progressive Field. Game times have not yet been determined.

The new schedule format across Major League Baseball takes effect in 2023, in which the Guardians will play all 29 other teams. The National League teams coming to Progressive Field for a home series include the Miami Marlins, Colorado Rockies, St. Louis Cardinals, Milwaukee Brewers, Atlanta Braves, Philadelphia Phillies, Los Angeles Dodgers and Cincinnati Reds.

John Adams inducted into Cleveland Guardians Distinguished Hall of Fame  .....  April 7  home opener against Seattle again.   

Long-time Cleveland fan and drummer John Adams has been inducted into the Guardians Distinguished Hall of Fame, the team announced Wednesday.

Adams is the 12th person to receive this honor, which is reserved for non-uniformed personnel. Traveling secretary Mike Seghi was inducted Aug. 19. Adams is celebrating 50 seasons supporting Cleveland baseball. Since 1973, Adams has attended more than 3,700 games, along with his drum that has become synonymous with a Cleveland rally.

Local sculptor David Deming has been commissioned to create a bronzed replica drum affixed to Adams' actual Progressive Field bleacher seat bench, which will be installed on the top level of Heritage Park. An Adams tribute video will be shown on the Progressive Field video board on Sept. 2 and Oct. 1.   Now how cool is that !

• Upvote 1

And the entire  2023 Cleveland GUARDIANS  Season Schedule.   You might want to expand your screen for a better view.   

It's quite a bit different than before they open on the road at Seattle and close the season on the road at Detroit.   A lot of interesting matchups in between.   Check out around the All-Star Break.  And the NYY home in April and away in May only.  Days off pretty much Mondays or Thursdays as usual.    

Here's to another great GUARDIANS  baseball season.

Screenshot_2022-10-21_064245.jpg

And for you real die-hard  fans or those around the Arizona area.   Yes it's the  2023 Cleveland GUARDIANS.  SPRING TRAINING Schedule.   

Updates and  Radio and TV information to follow when available.    

Screenshot_2022-10-21_070743.jpg

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And the entire  2023 Cleveland GUARDIANS  Season Schedule.   You might want to expand your screen for a better view.   

It's quite a bit different than before they open on the road at Seattle and close the season on the road at Detroit.   A lot of interesting matchups in between.   Check out around the All-Star Break.  And the NYY home in April and away in May only.  Days off pretty much Mondays or Thursdays as usual.    

Here's to another great GUARDIANS  baseball season.

Screenshot_2022-10-21_064245.jpg

oh hell ya in seattle only thing that could suck is the weather

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Damn, I was hoping the G's played the Pirates in Pittsburgh on a weekend. 

If you've never caught a game at PNC Park, make sure to do so. 

baseball in seattle is real fun also and allways look forward to a weekend of baseball up there so heres to hoping that MJP reminds me when  tickets go one sale for which should have been both teams in the ALCS

11 minutes ago, syd said:

baseball in seattle is real fun also and allways look forward to a weekend of baseball up there so heres to hoping that MJP reminds me when  tickets go one sale for which should have been both teams in the ALCS

Seattle's ballpark looks pretty damn nice too.

That would definitely require a flight, and I have avoided flying for almost 20 years now

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Seattle's ballpark looks pretty damn nice too.

That would definitely require a flight, and I have avoided flying for almost 20 years now

ya flying is a drag but seattle is worth the destination Great city I get to retire at the end of 23 and may move up there 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, syd said:

ya flying is a drag but seattle is worth the destination Great city I get to retire at the end of 23 and may move up there 

Flying used to be fun way, way back when.

Syd do I read you right and looking at the big easy boy & grilling life at the end of 2023 ?   Always nice if you can swing it.  Any retirement or gap insurance questions just ask.

I've been retired a long while, wife since 2017, officially 2018.  And Dutch keep punching that time clock and keep those Social Security benefits coming for us !   :lol:  

......  edit add,  we really do appreciate that.  And keep saying  "my day will come, my day will come"  over and over.  Believe it or not it will come sometimes sooner than you expect  just be sure you're doing what you can to help it along.  And if you need good advice check it out.   I do have a masters degree MBA with a dual major in MGT and FIN if you need any extra advice.   I do offer it to friends,  neighbors,  relatives on occasions.   Just sayin. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Browns149 said:

We need a CF that can hit. Move Kwan there and spend some money to buy a corner OF

George Valera is the G's #2 overall prospect, and an outfielder. He was up at AAA Columbus, his time is coming sooner than later. 

I'd love to see them get a middle-of-the-order firstbaseman, like the White Sox's Jose Abreu. 

The second big renovation of Progressive Field should start soon, it will be done during the offseasons of the next couple years.

Highlights include dramatically improving the upper deck, getting rid of the glassed-in restaurant down the third base line and replacing it with a open to everyone gathering spot, similar to the bar area in the right field corner. Allegedly the weird storage box things in upper right field deck will be removed and replaced with something hopefully better. Both locker rooms will be improved, with the Guardians possibly moving to the first base side (and dugout). 

( I figured that I should repost this here in the  ★ 2023 SEASON SCHEDULE  ★  thread.   So here's to the 2022 AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS  the Cleveland GUARDIANS. 

Have a good 2023 season everyone and of course your questions and comments are welcome.  )

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>       <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~   

48 minutes ago, Neo said:

I knew the Guardians were in trouble from that last series against the Ray's only scoring one run in 15 innings. And 1 run against the Yankees in game one. Yankees have multiple players that can generate instant offense, Guardians could't generate any when they needed it. Even with the walk off win I knew they weren't going to keep the Yankees quiet. Would be nice if they can get a big bat in FA.

●~~~~~▪︎~~~~~▪︎~~~~~▪︎~~~~~▪︎~~~~>     

Yes they were reverting back to their regular season hot/cold  hitting habits well you can't easily do that ib a short series   -still-  they took the all powerful Yank$ to the end of Game 5.  You better believe that a few Yankee fans were nervous about that.

Still a really exciting fun season and a memorable playoff run in year 1 as the Guardians,   something to build on for year two.   

~ Going  Forward  2022-2023  ~

My biggest  concern going forward from here the overall health and desire of one Mr Tito Francona to be the manager of the Cleveland GUARDIANS.   If you look at his picture year-after-year  he shows the grind of being  "the man"..   Hopefully the excitement of watching these young guns getting better will keep him fired up enough to keep going. 

He is the best  manager in MLB today.

i personally am glad that I got my chance here to reinvigorate and run TBB TRIBE BOARD  in 2022.   I got to try out a few things, tweak a bunch of things to give us Cleveland GUARDIANS  fans a good place to call  "safe at home".   I've already started up on the  2023  offseason,  Spring Training and Year two.  of Cleveland Guardians Baseball. 

I always like to stay open to others questions,  comments and suggestions to keep things fresh.

I also set a personal record of watching or listening to all or part of 160 of 162 games and every playoff  in 2022.....a few in doctor's offices or on the way home.   I don't know if I will keep up that pace but I will try starting with Game 1 in 2023.    It was one fun and exciting year !   mjp.

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ 2023 GUARDIANS SCHEDULE and a *special introduction to the 2023 SEASON ★ 
On 10/23/2022 at 5:57 PM, syd said:

my sister lives in Puyallup - and the scenery of Mt Rainier is majestic. The drive to and into Seattle is another story. A great city yes but lousy freeway system.

18 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

Excellent  !   So glad to see and read that, the bedrock of Cleveland baseball right now.  Good luck Tito in 2023.

........  He is the longest-tenured manager in baseball, having been with Cleveland since 2013. During that time he has led them to six playoff appearances, to Game 7 of the World Series in 2016 and to this year’s amazing season. He has won the Manager of the Year award twice during that time – in 2013 and again in 2016. Maybe more impressive is in those 11 seasons, the Guardians have had a winning record in ten of them (the lone exception being an 80-82 record in 2021). .......

16 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

my sister lives in Puyallup - and the scenery of Mt Rainier is majestic. The drive to and into Seattle is another story. A great city yes but lousy freeway system.

theres just to many people on those roads(it also helps if you don't drive into the city at peak drive time hours) when i drive up i get off in renton maybe go see jimi's grave and back road into seattle 

• mjp28 unpinned this topic