THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Bengals

Orion

image.png.1e7f6954b2e6b682892b443aee9eba60.png

The Bengals bring their high powered passing attack to our 14th ranked pass D.  But WE know that our pass D is not playing up to that ranking.  It's a blessing that our totally sucky run D is playing the 26th ranked run offense....although we made the lowest ranked rushing team in the league look like a powerhouse.  

We have to take advantage of their so-so run D.  The problem is that they're quite good against the pass, so they'll feel that they can load up more against the run and still be effective enough against our weak passing attack.  Stef tries to establish 'some sort' of passing game so as to free up the LOS a bit for Chubb to take advantage of his elite running abilities.  But with Njoku being out I'm not sure we have the receiving weapons to do so.  We're going to have to run it effectively whether they know we want to run or not.  We cannot let the game turn into a shoot-out.  We've only got a musket.  We need time consuming drives culminating in TD's.....FG's at the minimum.  No leaving points on the table because we want to 'analytic' a 4th down into a TD. 

We've gotta create some sacks.  The Bengals have given up a lot of 'em.  (Of course we gave up a bunch last week)   If we give Burrow the time in the pocket to beat us, he will.

It's starting to get ugly behind closed doors.....we've got to stop the losing streak here and now (Monday).  Not that I think the Browns will win...but they HAVE to.

20 minutes ago, syd said:

just bought my sons dog a Browns shirt

What kind of dog?  I've got a Boston Terrier.  A BIG Boston.  34 lbs.  Not overweight or anything...just tall and long.  

6 minutes ago, syd said:

dogs rule

Damn straight!  I love dogs.  But I've got one.  You get YOUR ass on Amazon and get one.  Your year mourning period is over.  (sorry about your loss by the way.  I still miss my little Dachshund)   To tie this in to the Browns, I loved the half time wiener dog races.  lol 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 8:35 PM, Orion said:

Damn straight!  I love dogs.  But I've got one.  You get YOUR ass on Amazon and get one.  Your year mourning period is over.  (sorry about your loss by the way.  I still miss my little Dachshund)   To tie this in to the Browns, I loved the half time wiener dog races.  lol 

My buds

20221024_150804.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Regarding the game. In days gone by, this Ohio rivalry was a war in which the stats and standings went out the window. Do you still  think that applies? Does.this generation of players even care about this kind of thing?

being that it is a division game  and you would also think they would feed off the energy of the crowd so ya im sure they do

15 minutes ago, syd said:

being that it is a division game  and you would also think they would feed off the energy of the crowd so ya im sure they do

I love the Steelers and Cincinnati rivalry. I hate Baltimore in a totally different way. Those cocksuckers shouldn't even be in the NFL.

I am looking forward to the Bengals

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Regarding the game. In days gone by, this Ohio rivalry was a war in which the stats and standings went out the window. Do you still  think that applies? Does.this generation of players even care about this kind of thing?

stats -  Does.this generation of players even care about this kind of thing?   More-so than days gone by.

this Ohio rivalry - Does.this generation of players even care about this kind of thing?  Faaar less than days gone by.

- two handsome dogs.  ...and a Gretsch & Fender?

6 hours ago, Orion said:

stats -  Does.this generation of players even care about this kind of thing?   More-so than days gone by.

this Ohio rivalry - Does.this generation of players even care about this kind of thing?  Faaar less than days gone by.

- two handsome dogs.  ...and a Gretsch & Fender?

Yes, the Gretsch is a 200 dollar Jim Dandy, designed to replicate the stuff from the turn of the century delta blues.

This thing is unbelievable. It has volume beyond the imagination. I play a lot of fingerstle jazz and am amazed. 200 bucks. Solid wood, Indonesian craftsmanship which is among the best.

I decided to keep it near I like it so much.

The electric is actually a special Squire Jazzmaster w active pickups and again, for an inexpensive ax (499) it is really nice.

Decided to keep it close, too. Here is a sound clip from a cigar account I have on tiktok

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/28/2022 at 12:30 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

My buds

20221024_150804.jpg

Dogs can be just amazing in so many ways.   And unbelievably smart at times.

19 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Indonesian craftsmanship which is among the best.

I recently bought a Guild Aristocrat, made in China (I'm embarrassed to say)...but the guitar is nice.  The action is right on the deck.  Fretwork is nice and smooth (but the frets at the very high end of the neck are a bit discolored if you look real close).  And the three position switch doesn't always work when selecting the bridge pickup.  But the Franz P90 pickups sound great (which is why I bought it because I didn't have a P90 guitar).  The Aristocrat M-75 is the more expensive one made in Indonesia.  It's a hollow body with no f-holes.  The one I got is a chambered solid body.  I like it a lot.  It plays so well.  It's what I bring to rehearsals now.  (and I got it brand new for 655.00).  But, of course, I've gotta change that Chinese 3-way switch.  

Aristocrat.png

• Like 1

As in the Thanksgiving Day tradition featuring Detroit, a Browns Bengals game should be played every Halloween.

The Bengals black and orange are the colors of Halloween. The Browns orange and brown colors represent the fall season and even more symbolic are those pumpkin head helmets.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Orion said:

I recently bought a Guild Aristocrat, made in China (I'm embarrassed to say)...but the guitar is nice.  The action is right on the deck.  Fretwork is nice and smooth (but the frets at the very high end of the neck are a bit discolored if you look real close).  And the three position switch doesn't always work when selecting the bridge pickup.  But the Franz P90 pickups sound great (which is why I bought it because I didn't have a P90 guitar).  The Aristocrat M-75 is the more expensive one made in Indonesia.  It's a hollow body with no f-holes.  The one I got is a chambered solid body.  I like it a lot.  It plays so well.  It's what I bring to rehearsals now.  (and I got it brand new for 655.00).  But, of course, I've gotta change that Chinese 3-way switch.  

Aristocrat.png

Absolutely effin gorgeous , dude!.. I'm a huge P-90 fan

• Thanks 1

It's weird... on one hand, if the Browns lose Monday night vs the Bengals, the season is pretty much over.

On the other hand, if they win, you can look at the upcoming schedule and realistically see a path to the Browns getting to .500 by the time Watson comes back vs the Texans. 

Now, please carry on with guitar talk.... 😉

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's weird... on one hand, if the Browns lose Monday night vs the Bengals, the season is pretty much over.

On the other hand, if they win, you can look at the upcoming schedule and realistically see a path to the Browns getting to .500 by the time Watson comes back vs the Texans. 

Now, please carry on with guitar talk.... 😉

I'll bet there's at least 1 or 2 Cincinnati smiles that will sound like a harmonica in the stands Monday Night.  Let's hope that's real short lived from those fellers...

12 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I'll bet there's at least 1 or 2 Cincinnati smiles that will sound like a harmonica in the stands Monday Night.  Let's hope that's real short lived from those fellers...

I'm not going to the game after all (my buddy with the season tickets is in Vegas for work and doesn't get back until tonight and isn't up for another late night) so I guess I won't see our neighbors to the south in person. Such a pity. 😁

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not going to the game after all (my buddy with the season tickets is in Vegas for work and doesn't get back until tonight and isn't up for another late night) so I guess I won't see our neighbors to the south in person. Such a pity. 😁

If the game goes in the direction we don't want it to - you might end up being really happy you didn't go.  

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Orion said:

Aristocrat.png

Nice guitar. Indonesia is known in manufacturing circles as being among the finest in the world. China is capable of making great parts, but also shit parts, so it's hit or miss.

A lot of decent stuff comes from China, but as you alluded to some of the fine details often get missed.

P 90s along with the HI Lo tron and Dan Electro lipstick are my favorite pick ups.

To Me, Humbuckers are the biggest hunk of shit ever invented. For shredding, a bucker in the bridge position is a necessity and I deal with it, but it has to be a P.A.F. the high output shit sounds horrible clean. 

The worst is the jackoff PRS who tout a could tap to make their bucker a single coil. If you want to hear shit, listen to that clean.

My favorite combo is a bucket in the bridge and a P 90 at the neck. Shred, fingerstyle jazz, Chet, it has me covered.

Also, if you put a DPDT switch on the P90 you can pit If out of phase with the top coil.of thebucker and get a hollow chicken pickin tone.

• Like 1

We're 2 games behind Cincy so we control our destiny with them.  It ain't over 'til it's over.

I watched the Rams today.  They can't run the ball.  I've got just the guy for them.  He runs like his hair is on fire.  And he can catch.  And the team that's got him doesn't really want him anymore.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Nice guitar. Indonesia is known in manufacturing circles as being among the finest in the world. China is capable of making great parts, but also shit parts, so it's hit or miss.

A lot of decent stuff comes from China, but as you alluded to some of the fine details often get missed.

P 90s along with the HI Lo tron and Dan Electro lipstick are my favorite pick ups.

To Me, Humbuckers are the biggest hunk of shit ever invented. For shredding, a bucker in the bridge position is a necessity and I deal with it, but it has to be a P.A.F. the high output shit sounds horrible clean. 

The worst is the jackoff PRS who tout a could tap to make their bucker a single coil. If you want to hear shit, listen to that clean.

My favorite combo is a bucket in the bridge and a P 90 at the neck. Shred, fingerstyle jazz, Chet, it has me covered.

Also, if you put a DPDT switch on the P90 you can pit If out of phase with the top coil.of thebucker and get a hollow chicken pickin tone.

Yeah... I'm slowly backing away from high output pickups.. It was a necessity for me in the past... But after owning a LP with stock pickups and strats with single coils... I've gone back to a more organic approach to my tone... I've rolled back the gain some... And really depend on the sound of the guitar and the amp itself... It's just a hell of a lot cleaner. And IMHO... You get better head room out of your amp sound without all that wash going on in the background. I'm also a big fan of both Solid State and tube amplification.. They both do different things very well for what I need and like... My setup is KISS! (Keep It Simple Stupid)  Wahwah,Univibe,Overdrive, EQ in the direct channel... Chorus,reverb and Delay in the effect send loop... It's just a hell of a lot cleaner this way....

• Like 1