THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Bills

Orion

image.png.d3bf4d36e8c4f47bdb2586d81088d750.png

Huh Boy!  Worst matchup of the year for us.  They're a top 10 rushing team.  - nuf said - Right?  It doesn't even matter that they're the #2 passing team.  If I were the Bills I would run up the score on us by running it between the tackles until the goal line gets in the way.   And continue doing that to keep the clock moving and shorten up the game so they can get back inside where it's warm.  (current theory is they might get 6 feet of snow in the days before the game)

The reality is, our season ended last Sunday.  We now face Josh Allen and Tom Brady before Watson takes the helm.  At which point, as Flugal pointed out weeks ago, our '23 preseason starts.  I guess you could say these two games are our prelude to the 2023 preseason.  :)   The pressure is off for us fans now.  We don't have to sit on the couch contorting ourselves over every play any more.  We can just sit back, relax, enjoy your favorite beverage or strain, and watch.  Or...you can put up Christmas lights a little early.  Rake leaves.  Prune trees.  Paint a bedroom.  Go visit your mother-in-law.......etc.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Chubb >>> Allen

In wind and three feet of snow 

Sun 20 | Day
29°
15%
W 20 mph
Partly cloudy skies. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 29F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph.

51 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nah, I'll pass on this, for the same reason I don't visit the dumpster fire that is the Political Forum on here.

...my mother-in-law was the nicest little lady you'd ever want to meet.

Political Forum:  Sure!  Go there if you want to learn who to hate.  There are issues that workers are not allowed to discuss in the workplace.  Politics, gun control, religion, abortion, are topics that people on either side feel strongly about.  No matter what you say you cannot change the other side's mind....it only makes for disharmony in the workplace.  (ie  people hating one another)  And in reality you can substitute 'workplace' with almost anything.....the dinner table....Thanksgiving dinner table....the golf course....the local watering hole (bar).....etc., etc.   

Halloween.. middle of 3rd quarter (7:36)...

this browns defense forced a team to use a punter... 20 days ago as of this Sunday...   🤦‍♂️

da' Bills defense has done this twice in 2022.... https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/least-amount-of-punts-in-a-nfl-game

nervous Joe Woods? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

This really seems like the game will be moved to Detroit.

2-4 feet of snow starting tonight, at times the winds could be up to 35mph, as much as 3 inches a snow a hour at times. 

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just bring the team in riding snow plows.  

The city of Buffalo is good at this sort of stuff.

38 minutes ago, Orion said:

Just bring the team in riding snow plows.  

The city of Buffalo is good at this sort of stuff.

Yeah they usually prep well for these situations...

We honestly need to keep it together as a team, and as fans, until next year. I know...I KNOW we are all tired of this, but I have every confidence we're going to be absolutely electric with Watson. 

10 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

We honestly need to keep it together as a team, and as fans, until next year. I know...I KNOW we are all tired of this, but I have every confidence we're going to be absolutely electric with Watson. 

I don't...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nickers said:

I don't...

I wouldn't advise people to get too excited about watson, regardless of his off the field scandals.

Physically very talented - but who knows. Mentally - really stupid.

The watson stink will never go away. It keeps being brought up during games......

over all these years, having high hopes for the Browns, is like putting a box on the basement stairs so you can

trip over it.

something like that.....

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nah, I'll pass on this, for the same reason I don't visit the dumpster fire that is the Political Forum on here. 😆

Lol. Proceed with utmost caution there. There's no room for moderates🙆 

Also, slightly off topic but @Orion why are you worried about an underachieving Tampa Bay? Browns are schizoid for sure, & should take care of the Bucs.

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

2-4 feet of snow starting tonight, at times the winds could be up to 35mph, as much as 3 inches a snow a hour at times. 

Didn’t we play them in similar conditions 15 years ago? 

Dawson kicked two FGs and we won

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Didn’t we play them in similar conditions 15 years ago? 

Dawson kicked two FGs and we won

8-0 Browns, I was there. 

My moustache had 2 inches of ice & snow on it. Beer never got warm, it was truly one of the best games I ever saw.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

@Orion why are you worried about an underachieving Tampa Bay? Browns are schizoid for sure, & should take care of the Bucs.

Tom Brady.  He'll carve us up like the leftover Thanksgiving turkey.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

vegas moved the o/u to 43 since the game moved it's back up to 48  i had a feeling i should have bet it this morning

I wonder what the finances are like when an nfl game is moved to a neutral stadium?  Like, how much does the stadium owner charge?  Who pays all of the stadium workers and security?  How much does the home team lose for a game's worth of concessions and merch? 

So, since the weather was going to be fine on Sunday for the game....they would've moved the game whether the Bills had a domed stadium or not....we are to assume.  

22 minutes ago, Orion said:

I wonder what the finances are like when an nfl game is moved to a neutral stadium?  Like, how much does the stadium owner charge?  Who pays all of the stadium workers and security?  How much does the home team lose for a game's worth of concessions and merch? 

So, since the weather was going to be fine on Sunday for the game....they would've moved the game whether the Bills had a domed stadium or not....we are to assume.  

The snow warning extended to 1pm Sunday, when the game was to start. (Last I saw, this morning)

So, even if it had actually stopped snowing at the opening kickoff, they would still have had a helluva time getting anyone in to clear the field and stands of a ton of snow in the days leading up to the game. Now, a domed stadium would have eliminated the need to do that, but if everything was shut down leading up to the game, I think it might have still been moved. 

• Thanks 1

With the game in Detroit, the passing is the part of the game that is enhanced the most.  Buffalo, the #2 passing team in the league, would be the team benefiting the most by the venue change.  Of course, as we know, all they need to do is run up the middle.   

• Upvote 1

So, What happened?

The 7th ranked run defense decided that they were going to stop our 5th ranked run offense and make us beat them with our career backup starting QB.  And once again, the career backup played a solid game...over 300 yards, 3 TD's and 0 Int's.  

The 10th ranked run offense ran it 33 times at our dismal run defense to the tune of 171 yards.  

I think our DB's made passing something that wasn't as easy as Buffalo would've liked.  Although I don't know how Diggs is running around all alone in our end zone.

All and all it wound up about as expected with the exception of Brissett playing a little better game than anticipated.  

.....finally, our special teams lost to the Bills' special teams.  One thing we've hopefully learned....tee the ball upright and kick the top of the ball for an onside kick.  Don't do the 'laying the ball sideways' thing anymore.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 8:57 AM, nickers said:

I don't

I'm not saying it'll be perfect right away, but Watson opens up everything. Nick Chubb will see fewer stacked boxes, 3rd and shorts could easily be a QB run and that stresses the defense, his release is infinitely quicker, etc. I'm excited. 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm not saying it'll be perfect right away, but Watson opens up everything. Nick Chubb will see fewer stacked boxes, 3rd and shorts could easily be a QB run and that stresses the defense, his release is infinitely quicker, etc. I'm excited. 

We will see... People magically regress when they get to Cleveland historically...

• Haha 1