THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Bills

Orion

23 hours ago, nickers said:

We will see... People magically regress when they get to Cleveland historically...

LOL, you got me there. However, Watson is still very much in his prime. I honestly can't wait to see some of the read-option stuff. For example, our best running play for the past several weeks has been from the shotgun. Well, the defense never had to respect the qb keeping it and we STILL killed it. Well, they overcommit now and it's 15 yards minimum. That's just one example of how things will change. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

LOL, you got me there. However, Watson is still very much in his prime. I honestly can't wait to see some of the read-option stuff. For example, our best running play for the past several weeks has been from the shotgun. Well, the defense never had to respect the qb keeping it and we STILL killed it. Well, they overcommit now and it's 15 yards minimum. That's just one example of how things will change. 

Sein' is believin'

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I honestly can't wait to see some of the read-option stuff.

I don't like my QB's to be a ball carrier.  Either hand it off or drop back to throw.  That's what Elway did.  And from there, when nobody was open, is where he demoralized the defense with his legs.  From the pocket the QB can pick a safe escape, run upfield with a good view of everything, and get down before trouble reaches him.   I don't like QB's trotting down the LOS.  But that's just me.