THE BROWNS BOARD

FUCK buffalo

syd

and their pussy ass fans (oh we can't drive in 6 feet of snow) fucking bills mafia WTF is that ignorant shit fucking pollocks speaking of pussies there is josh allen and his elbow (put a helmet on it) you know allen has thrown 6 picks in the last 3 games and the bills have not scored a T.D in the 4th quarter in said past 3 games and THE BROWNS are 3-0 when we win the turnover battle so get the lead and force allen to pass I predict ward will get a pick 6

So Suck It buffalo kinda like their sisters do their brothers or is that only in pittsburgh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, syd said:

and their pussy ass fans

Their fans are just plain crazy!  Like crazed lumberjacks.

I have a certain respect for the Bills organization.  During our team's exile they supported us.  One home game per year was designated 'Cleveland Browns weekend' (or somethin' like that).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Orion said:

Their fans are just plain crazy!  Like crazed lumberjacks.

I have a certain respect for the Bills organization.  During our team's exile they supported us.  One home game per year was designated 'Cleveland Browns weekend' (or somethin' like that).  

Actually, Pitt fans and the Rooneys supported us even more so.

I doubt had the situation been reversed we'd do the same.

I went up there with friends in 1986, their fans were cool & welcomed us. The Browns were on a roll, and the Bills were just trying to figure stuff out. Browns escaped with a close 21-17 win in some nasty weather (snow & wind)1986 WOOF

I do browse a Bills forum and today many of their fans hate the Browns due to the Watson signing, kind of expected I suppose. 

Funny thing is like any other fan base, their coach sucks, their defense sucks, their starting QB is great/stupid, etc etc etc. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I went up there with friends in 1986, their fans were cool & welcomed us. The Browns were on a roll, and the Bills were just trying to figure stuff out. Browns escaped with a close 21-17 win in some nasty weather (snow & wind)1986 WOOF

I do browse a Bills forum and today many of their fans hate the Browns due to the Watson signing, kind of expected I suppose. 

Funny thing is like any other fan base, their coach sucks, their defense sucks, their starting QB is great/stupid, etc etc etc. 

Interesting Bob!  I went to the Browns playoff W over Buffalo in Cleveland near the back end of the 80s.  Coming from Fairport, NY (a suburb of Rochester) we travelled through a bad snow storm to get there.  We came in a van that had Bills and Browns fans.  Thank God for Clay Matthews intercepting Jim Kelly at the goal line to seal the deal.  

They're a passionate fan base that got so spoiled during the Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith era - that much of the massive playoff comeback Frank Reich engineered vrs the Houston Oilers at home took place in a stadium where only about 10-20% of their seating capacity remained in the stadium by the end of the 2nd quarter. EDIT:  1 more thing is that game didn't even sell out so it was blacked out - which meant a lot of their fans didn't even want to go to a post season game if they had a good chance of losing.  My step-father and I went and stayed for the whole thing, which was great for him especially since he grew up in Buffalo and remained faithful.  

We're just the opposite, we watch games to the end on days this team quits early on us.

Edited by Flugel
Edit added in bold font
  • Upvote 2

On 11/17/2022 at 6:28 PM, syd said:

and their pussy ass fans (oh we can't drive in 6 feet of snow) fucking bills mafia WTF is that ignorant shit fucking pollocks speaking of pussies there is josh allen and his elbow (put a helmet on it) you know allen has thrown 6 picks in the last 3 games and the bills have not scored a T.D in the 4th quarter in said past 3 games and THE BROWNS are 3-0 when we win the turnover battle so get the lead and force allen to pass I predict ward will get a pick 6

So Suck It buffalo kinda like their sisters do their brothers or is that only in pittsburgh?

THATS what I was looking for. You cheered up what has been one of the worst days of my life. Thanks

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2022 at 2:35 PM, Kvoethe said:

They invented wings

Our Bar and restaurant was the first establishment in Ohio to sell Buffalo Wings back in the 80's

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I thought it was the Anchor Bar?

https://anchorbar.com/

Very true!  If you like chicken wings, and you only live within 3 hours of Buffalo - put it on the bucket list.  Another thing a lot of people don't know about Buffalo is they keep the bars open until 4:00am (unless that has changed).  That was never a bad 60 mile road trip from from Rochester, NY - great college party town not too far from Niagara Falls...

For what it's worth,  Duffs DOES have awesome wings too (and it's on a safer side of town)  Those were the first ones I had when we were visiting relatives back in the day.

Dutch, you know the Browns are having a great season when the only feel good conversations we're having is about food...

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Very true!  If you like chicken wings, and you only live within 3 hours of Buffalo - put it on the bucket list.  Another thing a lot of people don't know about Buffalo is they keep the bars open until 4:00am (unless that has changed).  That was never a bad 60 mile road trip from from Rochester, NY - great college party town not too far from Niagara Falls...

For what it's worth,  Duffs DOES have awesome wings too (and it's on a safer side of town)  Those were the first ones I had when we were visiting relatives back in the day.

Dutch, you know the Browns are having a great season when the only feel good conversations we're having is about food...

I get ribs in a part of Youngstown that is, I suppose you could charitably say, a little sketchy, so ANCHOR BAR IT IS! 😁 (The first time the wife and I went to the Royal Oaks SWAT showed up running right by the bar as we left.)

I think my NW PA friends and I need to make a trip there this summer. Our one friend Mike lives in Lakewood, NY. All the snow should be melted by then! 

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Never heard of a place called Our Bar and Restaurant. 

It was called The Old Town Tavern... We sold the business back in 96.. It's now owned and run by a group from California. They changed it to Tavern Six... I'm not a fan of the place... Every time Ive gone there... The food has been lousy... They over cook the burgers... They serve this shit they call Italian dressing which is actually a green , oily muck that more resembles Pesto than real dressing... It has had 3 other owners before them...  But this outfit needs to realize... This is Ohio... not fucking fruit loop Cali...

On 11/23/2022 at 7:13 AM, Dutch Oven said:

I get ribs in a part of Youngstown that is, I suppose you could charitably say, a little sketchy, so ANCHOR BAR IT IS! 😁 (The first time the wife and I went to the Royal Oaks SWAT showed up running right by the bar as we left.)

I think my NW PA friends and I need to make a trip there this summer. Our one friend Mike lives in Lakewood, NY. All the snow should be melted by then! 

Royal Oaks is still there...they have a great golf league!

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2022 at 7:00 AM, Flugel said:

Nothing wrong about that !   Everybody needs to eat some just eat better than others.  Bon Appétit  !  

We do have one thread on this board that is dedicated to good food, sports and especially Cleveland BROWNS football.  Some great eats that are easy to make and enjoy before,  during or after the game.  Sports get-togethers,  parties, tailgating whatever you want.   Stop by sometime.    :D

On 11/24/2022 at 6:29 PM, mjp28 said:

Nothing wrong about that !   Everybody needs to eat some just eat better than others.  Bon Appétit  !  

We do have one thread on this board that is dedicated to good food, sports and especially Cleveland BROWNS football.  Some great eats that are easy to make and enjoy before,  during or after the game.  Sports get-togethers,  parties, tailgating whatever you want.   Stop by sometime.    :D

That's a great thread MJP.  I haven't checked that out in a while so thanks for the reminder.

On 11/23/2022 at 7:13 AM, Dutch Oven said:

A great time to go is when the leaves start changing colors especially if you guys want to squeeze in a short ride to Niagara Falls.  My sister went to college there.  Any Catholic school where the students can drink almost as much as the Priests is a party school.  If that ain't enough - my favorite bar in that town was called "The Library."

Buffalo has a ton of great bars on the Elmwood strip, which is a lot of fun.  They also have a lot of great bar and grills on the Lake.  If you guys decide to go - remind me before you do so.  I'll put together a list of places for you all to choose from Dutch.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Flugel said:

A great time to go is when the leaves start changing colors especially if you guys want to squeeze in a short ride to Niagara Falls.  My sister went to college there.  Any Catholic school where the students can drink almost as much as the Priests is a party school.  If that ain't enough - my favorite bar in that town was called "The Library."

Buffalo has a ton of great bars on the Elmwood strip, which is a lot of fun.  They also have a lot of great bar and grills on the Lake.  If you guys decide to go - remind me before you do so.  I'll put together a list of places for you all to choose from Dutch.

I would also suggest the Glenn Iris Inn inside of Letchworth State Park.. The park itself is amazing... its in west central NY about an hour east of Ellicotville.. Fine dining at reasonable prices...

Ltch 1.jpg

Ltch 2.jpg

Glen Iris.jpg

39 minutes ago, nickers said:

I would also suggest the Glenn Iris Inn inside of Letchworth State Park.. The park itself is amazing... its in west central NY about an hour east of Ellicotville.. Fine dining at reasonable prices...

Ltch 1.jpg

Ltch 2.jpg

Glen Iris.jpg

Indeed!  Nice pictures!  The last time I went there I was about 12 years old.  It was an awesome day trip.  As you get East of Buffalo in the Rochester area, the Finger Lakes have some great restaurants, gorgeous scenery, vineyards and wineries.   Lake Ontario has a lot of that as well...

I'll probably make most suggestions closer to Buffalo so they can do a bunch of things within the period of a weekend if they want.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1