THE BROWNS BOARD

In your real estate news ...... Deshaun Watson buys $5.4M home in Hunting Valley

mjp28

Deshaun Watson buys $5.4M home in Hunting Valley

Browns Watson Practices Football

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson stands on the field during an NFL football practice at the team's training facility Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022, in Berea, Ohio.

David Richard - freelancer, FR25496 AP

Derrick Deshaun Watson, the Cleveland Browns quarterback, has purchased a home in Hunting Valley for $5.4 million on 5.79 acres.

Hunting Valley Mayor Bruce Mavec said he has not met Watson.

"Obviously, new homeowners are welcome in Hunting Valley,And it's exciting to have a celebrity," Mavec told the Cleveland Jewish News Nov. 18, "But I'm hopeful he'll have a very nice time living here and be welcomed with open arms." ......... continued.......

Continued.....

Watson purchased the property under the name Roadrunner Properties of Ohio LLC and financed it with a $3.8 million mortgage from Morgan Stanley that he signed Oct. 31 as manager of Roadrunner Properties.

Watson was back at practice Nov. 16 after serving an 11-game suspension and $5 million fine imposed by the National Football League following 30 lawsuits alleging sexual assault while he was a member of the Houston Texans. He was traded to the Browns and signed a five-year $230 million contract with the Cleveland Browns in March.

The SOM Center Road real estate transaction closed Nov. 2. The property had been listed for $6.9 million. Watson purchased the home from Todd Leebow, president and CEO of Majestic Steel in Pepper Pike, who bought the property in 2017 for $4.8 million from Cathy Horton.

Lebow was represented by David Ayers of Young Team of Moreland Hills.

Watson’s agent was Nicole Ward, mother of Browns’ cornerback Denzel Ward, of Chestnut Hill Realty Inc.

The property’s taxable market value on the Cuyahoga County Auditor’s Office website is listed at $4.8 million as of 2021 and taxes were $120,556.20 that year.

The house was built in 2006 and “reimagined” in 2021, according to the Keller Williams real estate listing.  

Described as a “spectacular Northeast Ohio estate,” the colonial-style home has 17,241-square-foot home has five bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a more than 2,800-square-foot fitness center and a “gourmet” kitchen.

It also has a stocked fishing pond, pool, tennis courts, volleyball court and multiple patios, as well as a first-floor master suite with a dressing room and office.

The house has a fourth-floor cigar and tasting room “with access to a terrace and rooftop lookout with sweeping views of the surrounding hills and river valley.”

In addition, the “lower club level” has a 12-seat theater, gaming area, full bar and walkout patio.

A carriage house on the property offers both parking and additional living space.

Ayers made a 2-minute and 42-second video featuring the house and showcasing the efforts of Interior Marketing Group of New York City in staging it.

“Our task was styling out some of the most expensive real estate that has ever transacted in this country,” Ayers said in the video.

“When I first saw the property in Cleveland, I thought, this is gigantic and the furniture is going to be swallowed hole,” Cheryl Eisner, founder and president of Interior Marketing Group, said in the video.

She said her team agreed and attempted to “make the space gorgeous and bring some New York edge to it.”

Previous owners of the property include Paul J. Hummer, Garry B. and Dorothy S. Curtiss and the Curtiss Family Limited Partnership.

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Deshaun Watson buys $5.4M home in Hunting Valley

Browns Watson Practices Football

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson stands on the field during an NFL football practice at the team's training facility Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022, in Berea, Ohio.

David Richard - freelancer, FR25496 AP

Derrick Deshaun Watson, the Cleveland Browns quarterback, has purchased a home in Hunting Valley for $5.4 million on 5.79 acres.

Hunting Valley Mayor Bruce Mavec said he has not met Watson.

"Obviously, new homeowners are welcome in Hunting Valley,And it's exciting to have a celebrity," Mavec told the Cleveland Jewish News Nov. 18, "But I'm hopeful he'll have a very nice time living here and be welcomed with open arms." ......... continued.......

Oh, he's gonna be hunted alright.  I don't know who his biggest hunters are going to be - the edge rushers easily beating Wills or someone cashing in on their Massage Therapist certification for a lawsuit.  Since the future of the Cleveland Browns is riding on this guy - what could possibly go wrong?

Not if, but when that happens, please remember to remind me our only problem is 1 Coordinator.  

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Oh, he's gonna be hunted alright.  I don't know who his biggest hunters are going to be - the edge rushers easily beating Wills or someone cashing in on their Massage Therapist certification for a lawsuit.  Since the future of the Cleveland Browns is riding on this guy - what could possibly go wrong?

Not if, but when that happens, please remember to remind me our only problem is 1 Coordinator.  

I'm sure they'll be some bounty out for him... Good luck!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

On the field he probably will be tested. 

At home somehow I figured he would get a place with lots of acreage  (no close neighbors)  the rest is yet to unfold.  

...... edit add.   Hunting Valley is a village in Cuyahoga and Geauga counties in the U.S. state of Ohio, and an eastern suburb of the Greater Cleveland area. As of the 2010 census, the village population was 707. At the 2000 census, it was ranked the 6th highest income place in the United States,  wow.  So how about that.

I know that area I had a good friend who lived one village east of there, same place that Bob Feller lived.  Not far from where my brother lives now.  Nice quiet place....and they like it that way. 

well, I suppose it can get worse - he can have one bedroom reserved for "massages" at all times, til he gets sued and suspended for life from the NFL. from the haslams.....

I guess that could be in the news about training camp next season.

dammit. dammit. dammit.

Meanwhile, it would have been great fun watching them play in a blizzard bowl.

Fumbled, both running games go wild, advantage - Browns - Mr. Nick Chubb - advantage - Bills - Josh Allen's arm.

Tiebreaker?

ADVANTAGE - BILLS OWNERSHIP AND HC.

I'm afraid the Browns will "endeavor to persevere" *  in a futile endeavor.

* reference to the awesome phrase used in "The Outlaw Josie Wales" movie.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0313381/

14 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

@mjp28 Re: this post:

How in the ever living heck does DW's new house in Ohio have a swinging pool? That's like the literal North Pole! 

wh

Hey believe it or not there is a swimming pool season here in NE Ohio and in Boardman,  Ohio where I live.  My next door neighbor has a big round heated pool that runs off his rear deck pool season is generally late May to maybe in September about 4 golden months  about what local ice skating rinks are open mid November to the end of March. 

But in our neighborhood most all of the in-ground and big above ground pool have closed up especially when their kids are grown and move out.  When we built our house  in 1985 I had it laid out for an in ground backyard pool between out deck and barn but 1.  I was busy with work and  2. I had a sneaky feeling it would NOT be worth the trouble  and added cost.   I was right,  my neighbor dumps big $$$  in his every year. 

SO  unless you have a pool tender and extra $$$  skip it and take up a nice safe and inexpensive hobby like following your favorite college or professional football team.   Eh ?    ;)

• Thanks 1

I don't know how Watson will perform in a Browns uniform but what a job by the Browns owners. Giving him a massive fully guaranteed contract and he's done everything including buying a home but has yet to throw a pass for the Browns in a meaningful game. If this isn't enough for Browns fan to boycott the owner to sell the team, I don't know what is.

27 minutes ago, Neo said:

I don't know how Watson will perform in a Browns uniform but what a job by the Browns owners. Giving him a massive fully guaranteed contract and he's done everything including buying a home but has yet to throw a pass for the Browns in a meaningful game. If this isn't enough for Browns fan to boycott the owner to sell the team, I don't know what is.

Some deal this guy has a really nice estate in the Hunting Valley Village,  a magnificent contract and everything else you could imagine  -AFTER- all of the other bullshit that went on.

And he hasn't thrown any kind of an NFL pass under fire in a LONG TIME.      Nice leadership from the top down.

Meanwhile we Cleveland BROWNS fans just plod along game after game.  It does get old.  

GO BROWNS  !   

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Some deal this guy has a really nice estate in the Hunting Valley Village,  a magnificent contract and everything else you could imagine  -AFTER- all of the other bullshit that went on.

And he hasn't thrown any kind of an NFL pass under fire in a LONG TIME.      Nice leadership from the top down.

Meanwhile we Cleveland BROWNS fans just plod along game after game.  It does get old.  

GO BROWNS  !   

We all know Mayfield wasn't an elite QB but there is part of me still wishing he would have let that guy go instead of trying to be the hero. People under estimate the importance of health and continuity on a team. I don't think it's a coincidence that we had some of our best years since the rebirth with Mayfield under center. Yeah Baker wasn't improving like we all hoped but that's on ShitMyPantsKi. He doesn't seem to know when to make adjustments when he has to. I still believe we would still be in the mix if Mayfield was healthy and the coach could adjust his scheme to his players strengths.

On 11/21/2022 at 2:56 PM, Neo said:

We all know Mayfield wasn't an elite QB but there is part of me still wishing he would have let that guy go instead of trying to be the hero. People under estimate the importance of health and continuity on a team. I don't think it's a coincidence that we had some of our best years since the rebirth with Mayfield under center. Yeah Baker wasn't improving like we all hoped but that's on ShitMyPantsKi. He doesn't seem to know when to make adjustments when he has to. I still believe we would still be in the mix if Mayfield was healthy and the coach could adjust his scheme to his players strengths.

Baker's record shows it all in CLE up/dn/up/dn eh,  and  29-30 in 4 years in Cleveland.   Good or OK quarterback yes,  franchise quarterback doesn't have the tools.  Cleveland (well owner) went looking for a franchise QB and the rest is well documented here and all over the NFL. 

• Stats
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds Sk% NY/A ANY/A 4QC GWD AV Awards
Career       67 65 30-35-0 1304 2130 61.2 15438 98 4.6 62 2.9 730 89 7.2 6.9 11.8 230.4 86.5   153 1015 6.7 6.32 5.95 6 7 45  
4 yrs CLE     60 59 29-30-0 1185 1924 61.6 14125 92 4.8 56 2.9 681 89 7.3 7.0 11.9 235.4 87.8   134 889 6.5 6.43 6.10 6 7 45  
1 yr CAR     7 6 1-5-0 119 206 57.8 1313 6 2.9 6 2.9 49 75 6.4 5.6 11.0 187.6 74.4   19 126 8.4 5.28 4.61        
2018 23 CLE QB 6 14 13 6-7-0 310 486 63.8 3725 27 5.6 14 2.9 171 71 7.7 7.5 12.0 266.1 93.7 51.2 25 173 4.9 6.95 6.77 3 4 10 AP ORoY-2
2019 24 CLE QB 6 16 16 6-10-0 317 534 59.4 3827 22 4.1 21 3.9 179 89 7.2 6.2 12.1 239.2 78.8 54.4 40 285 7.0 6.17 5.29 1 1 11  
2020 25 CLE QB 6 16 16 11-5-0 305 486 62.8 3563 26 5.3 8 1.6 188 75 7.3 7.7 11.7 222.7 95.9 65.5 26 162 5.1 6.64 6.96 2 2 14  
2021 26 CLE QB 6 14 14 6-8-0 253 418 60.5 3010 17 4.1 13 3.1 143 71 7.2 6.6 11.9 215.0 83.1 35.1 43 269 9.3 5.95 5.41     10  
2022 27 CAR QB 6 7 6 1-5-0 119 206 57.8 1313 6 2.9 6 2.9 49 75 6.4 5.6 11.0 187.6 74.4 17.8 19 126 8.4 5.28 4.61