THE BROWNS BOARD

"The"  🏈  Official Browns at Bills (in Detroit) Game Day Thread. WEEK 11  🏈

Dutch Oven

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Ya gotta like him.  A solid receiver.  6 targets 5 catches.  He makes difficult catches.  And I love the smoothness of Aamari Copper.  

Too bad that two TE's in a row could not catch brissett fastballs.  Bryant and Pharoh Brown.  They cost us a TD.  

The 7th ranked run defense held Chubb to 19 yards.  They clearly focused on stopping the run.  Of course losing our starting backup center right off the bat didn't help the cause.  

It was a difficult game to watch....while knowing that they were going to lose.   I chopped 2 cups of onions and 2 cups of celery on the coffee table for my stuffing on Thursday, while watching the 2nd half.  A very productive waste of time.  :)  

I don't understand why Pharaoh Brown and Harrison Bryant are being targeted in the end zone (or even on the field) instead of Njoku. Missed 14 points there, sometimes Stefanski is too cute instead of play designing his playmakers into the game. Amari Cooper had a great game should have paired that with Njoku since the Bills game planned against Chubb.

18 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

I don't understand why Pharaoh Brown and Harrison Bryant are being targeted in the end zone (or even on the field) instead of Njoku. Missed 14 points there, sometimes Stefanski is too cute instead of play designing his playmakers into the game. Amari Cooper had a great game should have paired that with Njoku since the Bills game planned against Chubb.

I don't understand how they BOTH dropped a TD pass- that was a turning point. A QB throws to "who's open" usually, and they blew it.

I will agree they get too cute at times. The back-to-back QB sneaks was awful.

58 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

I don't understand why Pharaoh Brown and Harrison Bryant are being targeted in the end zone (or even on the field) instead of Njoku. Missed 14 points there

Only 7 points.  They were successive plays.  And Njoku wasn't 100%.  Perhaps he couldn't be in.  He's gotta bad ankle and he jumps over a player.  He coulda' screwed that ankle up totally on that play if any little thing went wrong.  I don't think Pharoh Brown even got his hands facing in the right direction to catch a ball.  Those passes were smoked in there.

John Mackie was a really good, strong pass catching TE.  Harrison Bryant does not exemplify Mackie IMO.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Browns are the Camp Lejeune of sports teams. 

We should all get some kind of compensation. 

Well the billl runs from 1953 to 1987.  I'm not sure if that's enough for every Browns fan.

If you suffer from a health condition caused by your exposure to contaminated water at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, a recent piece of legislation, the Honoring Our Pact Act of 2022, may entitle you to receive compensation for your losses. The bill provides approximately $6.7 billion in funding for veterans who suffered exposure to various chemicals in the toxic water at Camp Lejeune.

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

They should ban soccer-style kicks. 

56 yards indoors looked like it was from 35. 

Damn near every kicker in the NFL has 50 yard range anymore.  Time to narrow the goalposts.  

7 hours ago, Why?!?!? said:

I really wanted to keep Stefanski around another year for continuity’s sake but this team clearly wasn’t buying into this season, but it’s hard to put all the blame on Stefanski for that when the owner basically trades the season away before it starts. Once again it starts at the top.
It’s why we’re seeing all these other teams that sucked finally turn the corner and here we are 3-7 again. Terrible owner who can’t get out of his own way. 

If it's any consolation,  the defending champion Rams are 3-7 too. 

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

OMG !   BUF  31.  CLE  23.  and 19 seconds.   Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I said take the Bills and the over.  :)

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

00A9625F-28C0-40C7-B4A5-F5C40E5C1211.jpeg

This one made me laugh...  Thanks Canton Dawg.  I'm also in Canton.

We just need the voice over for that commercial edited a bit...

"If you've been exposed to Cleveland Browns football between the years 1982-2022, you may have been exposed to Toxic Football and are entitled to compensation..."

Do you think Misny can win this case and Make... Them Pay?

6 hours ago, BrownPile said:

This one made me laugh...  Thanks Canton Dawg.  I'm also in Canton.

We just need the voice over for that commercial edited a bit...

"If you've been exposed to Cleveland Browns football between the years 1982-2022, you may have been exposed to Toxic Football and are entitled to compensation..."

Do you think Misny can win this case and Make... Them Pay?

That might be interesting. 

Maybe I could ask my brother who is friends with Misny,  they live on the same street.  Somebody needs to make the Cleveland Browns ownership pay for screwing up things.......well in our fantasy world.   :lol:

~ AND ~  just 5 weeks until our WEEK 15 Playoffs begin here and across the Fantasy League seasons begin.

Very similar to the 2022 NFL regular season here.  The season just somehow just glides by.....and then it's playoff time.  

And also just 5 days until the BIG TEN season and  " the game"  with undefeated Michigan at undefeated Ohio State is here.

The winner goes on to the 
BIG TEN Championship Game  the following week.   And both teams were tested but pulled through last week. 

GO BUCKEYES,  naturally for me.   :D

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~ AND ~  just 5 weeks until our WEEK 15 Playoffs begin here and across the Fantasy League seasons begin.

Very similar to the 2022 NFL regular season here.  The season just somehow just glides by.....and then it's playoff time.  

And also just 5 days until the BIG TEN season and  " the game"  with undefeated Michigan at undefeated Ohio State is here.

The winner goes on to the 
BIG TEN Championship Game  the following week.   And both teams were tested but pulled through last week. 

GO BUCKEYES,  naturally for me.   :D

OSU favored by a TD? Really? I'm not buying it.