THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Buc's

Orion

image.png.e0fed7fdaaeffd8beb46e5a6b9790388.png

Brissett's Last Stand

Tom Brady comes to town with the league's worst running game.  Have no fear Tom.  The Chargers came in as the worst running team too...they weren't when they left.  :)  They're a strong passing team and they protect the QB quite well.  Their D is only average against the run but they can probably devote themselves to stopping Chubb and let their solid pass D and strong pass rush handle our passing game without extra help.

(UH-OH, lookout now !)   Our team knows their season is over and will probably play like it if / when they get behind on the scoreboard.  I'll be going to visit my last remaining aunt...and link to my parent's generation, instead of watching the game.  (I'll watch a little of the beginning)    And then on to the 2023 Pre-Season next week.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Orion said:

Brissett's Last Stand. ( ★ see the notes below ! )

Tom Brady comes to town with the league's worst running game.  Have no fear Tom.  The Chargers came in as the worst running team too...they weren't when they left.  :)  They're a strong passing team and they protect the QB quite well.  Their D is only average against the run but they can probably devote themselves to stopping Chubb and let their solid pass D and strong pass rush handle our passing game without extra help.

★  The big point -->   Our team knows their season is over and will probably play like it if / when they get behind on the scoreboard.  I'll be going to visit my last remaining aunt...and link to my parent's generation, instead of watching the game.  (I'll watch a little of the beginning)    And then on to the 2023 Pre-Season next week.

Lookout !  The Cleveland BROWNS are now that team that nobody wants to play.   :o  

A last place team that's basically  mathematically out of it  -but-  still has a running game and has been in almost every single game ..... but just can't seem to close a game out.   But they just might be able to kill someone else's plans.

GO BROWNS,  nothing to lose  ...... baby !

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Lookout !  The Cleveland BROWNS are now that team that nobody wants to play.   :o  

A last place team that's basically  mathematically out of it  -but-  still has a running game and has been in almost every single game ..... but just can't seem to close a game out.   But they just might be able to kill someone else's plans.

GO BROWNS,  nothing to lose  ...... baby !

The only plan the Browns are capable of killing are they're very own...

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2022 at 11:04 PM, Orion said:

Brissett's Last Stand

(UH-OH, lookout now !)   Our team knows their season is over and will probably play like it if / when they get behind on the scoreboard.  I'll be going to visit my last remaining aunt...and link to my parent's generation, instead of watching the game.  (I'll watch a little of the beginning)    And then on to the 2023 Pre-Season next week.

Nice write-up as always. Never thought I'd say this but I'm looking forward to the 2023 preseason starting for us NEXT WEEK...   Have you ever had a great dream totally destroyed by an alarm clock waking you up to a much different reality?    That's what this season felt like.  An incoherent Cheech and Chong (giving all new meaning to "your highness") could have made better FO moves for the Interior DL here than the 2 guys Haslam is leaning on. 

Carolina beat this year's version of Tampa; so this opponent isn't impossible for most NFL teams.  The question is - are the Browns good enough to be in that category of most NFL teams?   Sometimes when we put 12 men on the field at the worst of times - we're telling the opponent "If you can't beat us, don't worry about it.  We'll beat ourselves for you."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Boy, Tampa really can't run the ball.  If they couldn't run against us, then, that's bad.  

So glad for Bressett to go out with a win.  He was a classy guy for us.  He did a solid job at QB.  He kept the int's to a minimum.  The hail Mary shouldn't count in reality.

.....And nice freakin' block to allow Schwartz to get into the end zone!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2