THE BROWNS BOARD

Just who do you think the Browns can beat in the payoffs?

Icecube

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

I seriously doubt they are gonna make it, but if they did, who could they beat?

If they got there HUGE IF they would have gotten there with an offense that is humming along even better than it is now and a much improved defense.  

So IF they do I would say anyone. 

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

I seriously doubt they are gonna make it, but if they did, who could they beat?

Kind of a will they win zero, one or more question.

If DW somehow becomes the miracle worker that takes the  4-7  BROWNS to the AFCN Champions.  (a WC unlikely) 

In that scenario they might be a possible round one scary team and who knows after that.  Now what AFC bound team could they beat.  

Hmmmm,  MIA, BUF, KC, TEN  or an unknown WC  I'd have to guess  1. TEN  2. ?

16 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

If they got there HUGE IF they would have gotten there with an offense that is humming along even better than it is now and a much improved defense.  

So IF they do I would say anyone. 

I wish they would move Myles inside once in a while like Houston used to do with Watts-hisname.  I remember Joe Thomas shutting him down pretty good so they kicked him inside (and I think Bitonio was out) and he just caused all kinds of trouble for our OG/C.

We matched up good with Tampa's Oline because they lost 3 starters to FA and retirement last offseason.  Brady hasn't had nearly the same comfort in the pocket this year.  That's how a team like Carolina beat them too.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I wish they would move Myles inside once in a while like Houston used to do with Watts-hisname.  I remember Joe Thomas shutting him down pretty good so they kicked him inside (and I think Bitonio was out) and he just caused all kinds of trouble for our OG/C.

We matched up good with Tampa's Oline because they lost 3 starters to FA and retirement last offseason.  Brady hasn't had nearly the same comfort in the pocket this year.  That's how a team like Carolina beat them too.

Agree on the shuffle inside and I thought we did that more successfully in 2020 when we made a playoff run.  
I noticed Clowney was more active (and he had a tough matchup too) that to me seems to be the key. If you have two defensive lineman winning battles you can somewhat make up for the talent gap in the middle. Then you hope our LBs pick fill the right gaps which didn’t happen early in that game.

We uncovered a matchup chip too in that game.  I think you put Emmerson on the big WR now like Tee Higgins in two weeks.  Let Ward if he doesn’t sprain a toe play the small shifty guys like Cooks and Chase.

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

I can’t recall the opponent, but I remember there were a couple of occasions where Garrett would line up next to Clowney which had positive results.

I don’t recall them doing that anymore, and I wonder why? 🤔

19 hours ago, nickers said:

Don't care how many times I hear that... It's always funny!

Oh yes ...... an NFL Classic line !  Playoffs ?

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Except the Bungles... Did it again...  

Yeah, it's crazy. They said on the broadcast KC is 0-3 vs Cincy the last 2 seasons & 20-2 against everybody else