THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign linebacker Reggie Ragland off waivers from Raiders

Korsou Dawg

5 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2022/12/7/23498114/browns-sign-reggie-ragland-sione-takitaki-raiders

With Takitaki on IR, we could have done worse than adding a run stopping LB. 

Thanks for sharing that!

Losing 3 LBers to IR should be sufficient reasons to prioritize the Interior Defensive Line next draft.

18 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Thanks for sharing that!

Losing 3 LBers to IR should be sufficient reasons to prioritize the Interior Defensive Line next draft.

Ya think?... Make sure Dingleberry gets that memo...

5 hours ago, nickers said:

well thats retarded you know are D is set up not to give up big plays in the hopes Watson will return to his formal glory (which he will) so let the cock smokers run the damn ball not much good it will do them when down by 21 I wouldnt let you run a pee wee team ya retard

26 minutes ago, syd said:

well thats retarded you know are D is set up not to give up big plays in the hopes Watson will return to his formal glory (which he will) so let the cock smokers run the damn ball not much good it will do them when down by 21 I wouldnt let you run a pee wee team ya retard

I wouldn't let a drunk like you near a franchise

22 hours ago, nickers said:

Yeah, let's hope the FO learned their lesson this year about the value of IDL.  It's amazing that the Browns went 11-5 the year they added Sheldon Richardson when the biggest worry was the LB Corps at the time.  The next year they dumped him because of his salary and because they thought any bum will do (ie: Andrew Billups - who showed up way out of shape 1 year after taking off 2020).  The 2020 team forced a lot of turnovers.   Keeping OL off the backers/back tiers helps that like we saw against a very weak OL last week.  The defense actually forced multiple turnovers; and 2 were TDs.

You can't really smoke and mirror mismatches upfront against the quality teams.  Tampa losing both starting OGs from 2021 (1 to FA and their Pro Bowl Guard Ali Marpet retired early/unexpectedly).  As we saw, Brady was far from comfortable and their starting RB was too beat up to dress.  Another Offensive Line this team looked good against was the Cincy OL that has given up a lot of sacks this year (after adding 3 new starters).  Having said that, they have won 4 games in a row so I'm guessing they finally got a land ho on the chemistry up front.  What do I know?  I'm just a knucklehead on a message board that drank too much coffee...

Edited by Flugel
Clarified it was Cincy's OL w/3 new starters
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Flugel said:

Thanks for sharing that!

Most welcome.

The thing is, analysts and casual fans alike see that IDL is already our position of greatest need. And yet, while we are making all these seemingly well thought moves (adding 2 LBs, and a WR who can carry returns), we still haven't done anything to the IDL. It is as if this position does not exist to the FO :blink: That leaves me far from confident they will address it in the off-season. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Most welcome.

The thing is, analysts and casual fans alike see that IDL is already our position of greatest need. And yet, while we are making all these seemingly well thought moves (adding 2 LBs, and a WR who can carry returns), we still haven't done anything to the IDL. It is as if this position does not exist to the FO :blink: That leaves me far from confident they will address it in the off-season. 

Well said! Even worse, they know Joe Fields will get 100% of the blame for the results of playing gridiron chess with their chosen ones up front.     It would be like challenging someone to chess match; and letting them use all of their attack pieces and pawns while you have to give up everything but the King and pawns to attack you opponent exclusively with pawns.  Tell me how long it's possible to look smart being the team attacking only with pawns...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Well said! Even worse, they know Joe Fields will get 100% of the blame for the results of playing gridiron chess with their chosen ones up front.     It would be like challenging someone to chess match; and letting them use all of their attack pieces and pawns while you have to give up everything but the King and pawns to attack you opponent exclusively with pawns.  Tell me how long it's possible to look smart being the team attacking only with pawns...

Any DCoordinator would be behind the proverbial 8 ball being handed a defense with the honestly pathetic "talent" at DTackle, but it doesn't explain how disorganized the defense looked in the first half of the season. 

But I kind of think Woods will be brought back. In fact, I don't see any real changes in philosphy or the coaching staff. I still think Stefanski calls the offense next year too. 

• Upvote 1