THE BROWNS BOARD

So NOW how many wins

Westside Steve

Pretty common occurrence in the NFL that wants there is absolutely nothing to play for and the weather gets cold injury after injury seems to pop up and the only guys taking the field are the ones hoping to keep their spot on the team or impress the coaches for next season.

Just wondering if we win another game and which players decide it's time for an early off season.

WSS

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Pretty common occurrence in the NFL that wants there is absolutely nothing to play for and the weather gets cold injury after injury seems to pop up and the only guys taking the field are the ones hoping to keep their spot on the team or impress the coaches for next season.

Just wondering if we win another game and which players decide it's time for an early off season.

WSS

At this point?.. It really does not matter... I mean if they could win out.. They could still sneak in but , highly unlikely... As far as anyone impressing anyone... I find the coaching unimpressive so why would these athletes care?... I mean hell Watson alone has $230,000,000 reasons not to care...

I’m sticking to my prediction of 7-10.

I think we can beat the Ratbirds, because they’re down to their 3rd string QB.

But when you think about it, the Browns have already made Flacco, Mariota, and Zappe look like first ballot HOF’ers.

I also think we can beat the Big Ben free Stoolers.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’m sticking to my prediction of 7-10.

I think we can beat the Ratbirds, because they’re down to their 3rd string QB.

But when you think about it, the Browns have already made Flacco, Mariota, and Zappe look like first ballot HOF’ers.

I also think we can beat the Big Ben free Stoolers.

I was going to say the hallmark of the soon to be over Joe Woods tenure has been giving inexperienced and confused young QBs confidence but also giving journeyman QBs another contract after inspiring performances. Andy Dalton can’t wait. 

Aside from the Center and LB positions being a mess in injuries we had a lot of starters on the field Sunday…and we still couldn’t do much to get out of our own way. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I was going to say the hallmark of the soon to be over Joe Woods tenure has been giving inexperienced and confused young QBs confidence but also giving journeyman QBs another contract after inspiring performances. Andy Dalton can’t wait. 

Aside from the Center and LB positions being a mess in injuries we had a lot of starters on the field Sunday…and we still couldn’t do much to get out of our own way. 

I wonder what Daltons record against the Browns is...

Answer: 12-5...

I'll give the edge to him and Landry...

42 minutes ago, nickers said:

Just like Mayfield, I keep an eye how Jarvis Landry is doing.

He’s another one of the former Browns that I hope he does well…just not against Cleveland.

I also like what I see out of Chris Olave, who I thought was the best WR in last year’s class.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

He’s another one of the former Browns that I hope he does well…just not against Cleveland.Olave is just smooth with everything he does...  also like what I see out of Chris Olave, who I thought was the best WR in last year’s class.

Love his skill set... He's so damn smooth... Love his route running abilities... ..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

He’s another one of the former Browns that I hope he does well…just not against Cleveland.

I also like what I see out of Chris Olave, who I thought was the best WR in last year’s class.

He’s had a remarkable year.  I’ve watched a lot of Saints football having both Kamara and Hill on my fantasy roster.  Dalton has been awful,  but Olave has absolutely balled out.  

Really All of the top WRs last year have stepped into some bad situations Drake London and Garret Wilson come to mind.  This is going to special class for WRs when all is said and done and their QB and team situations improve. 

• Upvote 1

I think they win the next 2 at home.

I can't write what I think about the last 2, but I'm not optimistic. Washington is real tough defensively, and our record in Pittsburgh is pitiful.

Well I had Cincinnati winning the division but this might be difficult:

1. Browns record? (8-9)  9-7-1 ......     but why not, they finish 3-1 and go  8-9.   :lol:

Sunday, Dec. 18 Browns vs Ravens
Saturday, Dec. 24 Browns vs Saints
Sunday, Jan. 1 Browns at Commanders
Sunday, Jan. 8 Browns at Steelers

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well I had Cincinnati winning the division but this might be difficult:

1. Browns record? (8-9)  9-7-1 ......     but why not, they finish 3-1 and go  8-9.   :lol:

Sunday, Dec. 18 Browns vs Ravens
Saturday, Dec. 24 Browns vs Saints
Sunday, Jan. 1 Browns at Commanders
Sunday, Jan. 8 Browns at Steelers

The Commanders aren't an easy out either and Andy Dalton is 12-5 against the Browns...

7 hours ago, nickers said:

The Commanders aren't an easy out either and Andy Dalton is 12-5 against the Browns...

Yes I figured the 1 loss between vs NO and probably at WAS.   But that's why they play the game(s) !   Hey win out and go 9-8.  :lol:

Just think about all those early close winnable games ..... geeezzz.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes I figured the 1 loss between vs NO and probably at WAS.   But that's why they play the game(s) !   Hey win out and go 9-8.  :lol:

Just think about all those early close winnable games ..... geeezzz.

Right on Pops!

Right now we're in no-man's-land.  There are 13 teams with the same record as us or worse.  I'm to the point where I'm hoping for high positioning in round 2.  Trouble is, we could win any or all of the upcoming games.

On 12/12/2022 at 9:40 AM, nickers said:

I wonder what Daltons record against the Browns is...

Answer: 12-5...

different team there skippy and  of course as per normal any chance you get to slam the Browns you will 

you suck dude

8 hours ago, syd said:

just another shoulda woulda coulda type of year

x3 or 4 ?  Oh yeah the oh so close Cleveland BROWNS v2022.   :lol:

11 hours ago, nickers said:

Right on Pops!

Right on Pops !?  Well I guess that just might fly when you're 70+.  But my brain doesn't act 70+ at least 50% of the time.  :blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Lets go back to happier Browns days...

On this date in 1947 the Browns won their second AAFC Championship, besting the New York Yankees (yes, that was their name) 14-3.

Glad to see somebody else does this lol.

I find myself watching YouTube highlights of Browns yesteryear a lot. Love watching the games from the 70s when I was a kid. 

26 teams. Seemed every team had a QB & a defense. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Glad to see somebody else does this lol.

I find myself watching YouTube highlights of Browns yesteryear a lot. Love watching the games from the 70s when I was a kid. 

26 teams. Seemed every team had a QB & a defense. 

Until expansion and parody came along and diluted the talent pool...

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2022 at 9:43 AM, nickers said:

At this point?.. It really does not matter... I mean if they could win out.. They could still sneak in but , highly unlikely... As far as anyone impressing anyone... I find the coaching unimpressive so why would these athletes care?... I mean hell Watson alone has $230,000,000 reasons not to care...

Fully agree on the coaching, but while your argument about DW is plausible in theory, last game showed something quite different. I saw him putting himself in harms way, diving head-first past the sticks more than once. Doing anything and everything to get first downs and scores, more so than most others on the team. Looked highly motivated to me. 

13 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Fully agree on the coaching, but while your argument about DW is plausible in theory, last game showed something quite different. I saw him putting himself in harms way, diving head-first past the sticks more than once. Doing anything and everything to get first downs and scores, more so than most others on the team. Looked highly motivated to me. 

Yeah... By the same token... I don't want him to be Kyler Murray/Lamar Jackson stupid...

2 hours ago, syd said:

seemed sorta back handed of nickers But hey what to  do  expect from him

Do you always have to be an ass?... It just seems to come natural you and Dutch.. I think you two should have a non-binary relationship :P

8 hours ago, nickers said:

Do you always have to be an ass?... It just seems to come natural you and Dutch.. I think you two should have a non-binary relationship :P

You are a nearly 60 year old man living with your mom.

Perhaps you of all people shouldn't be telling people how to live.