THE BROWNS BOARD

So NOW how many wins

Westside Steve

On 12/12/2022 at 7:37 AM, Westside Steve said:

Pretty common occurrence in the NFL that wants there is absolutely nothing to play for and the weather gets cold injury after injury seems to pop up and the only guys taking the field are the ones hoping to keep their spot on the team or impress the coaches for next season.

Just wondering if we win another game and which players decide it's time for an early off season.

WSS

As you suggested different players will have different motivations. Sadly, even when "motivated" this team has a lot of lackadaisical mental committment.

This group has never struck me as having a savage, killer instinct to begin with so while there will be some players who give it their all, I think a damaging proportion of players will indeed be complacent.

The stupid thing and also the cool thing about sports/football, is emotion. The most complacent player can in an instant be triggered by something like a dirty hit, or making a big play and getting pumped up by the crowd, so you never know what will happen.

ShitMyPantski is not a leader or motivator. My bet is they come out ready to play but if they get behind a couple scores, then they will cash put for the year.

• Upvote 2

On 12/15/2022 at 7:26 AM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

As you suggested different players will have different motivations. Sadly, even when "motivated" this team has a lot of lackadaisical mental committment.

This group has never struck me as having a savage, killer instinct to begin with so while there will be some players who give it their all, I think a damaging proportion of players will indeed be complacent.

The stupid thing and also the cool thing about sports/football, is emotion. The most complacent player can in an instant be triggered by something like a dirty hit, or making a big play and getting pumped up by the crowd, so you never know what will happen.

ShitMyPantski is not a leader or motivator. My bet is they come out ready to play but if they get behind a couple scores, then they will cash put for the year.

Shitpantski just doesn't come across as a guy I want to slam my body into the wall for. Shitpantski comes off more as a funeral director. Where Gregg Williams inspires guys with his father figure, evangelical presence and street mentality.. A guy I could easily respect...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nickers said:

Shitpantski just doesn't come across as a guy I want to slam my body into the wall for. Shitpantski comes of more as a funeral director. Where Gregg Williams inspires guys with his father figure, evangelical presence and street mentality.. A guy I could easily respect...

It is kind of weird how he's just out of the league now. People said his act wears thin in the locker room, plus Bountygate. 

When he replaced Hue, all of a sudden there were basically no more stupid pre snap penalties, and the team had toughness & discipline. It didn't sound like he was ever given a shot at the Browns' permanent head coaching job.

He goes to the NY Jets, single covers the Raiders on a game winning bomb....poof, he's out of the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, nickers said:

Shitpantski just doesn't come across as a guy I want to slam my body into the wall for. Shitpantski comes of more as a funeral director. Where Gregg Williams inspires guys with his father figure, evangelical presence and street mentality.. A guy I could easily respect...

AGREED

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hish747 said:

Exactly. I don't know how we chose FatBoy as head coach over Williams. Oh wait, I know how...we let a child run the team.

Well said. Unfortunately, a lot of what our owner decides isn't much different than the criteria some of our wives used picking teams to win in the weekly football pool based on how their uniforms looked.  For example, if analytics works extremely well for some teams in a completely different professional sport (MLB) - Jimmy's all over it like a Great Dane on a fire hydrant.    This getting lighter/leaner LBs idea would be fine - if our FO gave the DTs/IDL in front of them a much bigger priority than they have.  Today, we have 4 LBers on IR because this team is getting what the FO was willing to pay for on the IDL. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1